January 2022 transfer window

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And then more arguments ensue when Joe Bloggs from Rotherham signs on loan ?

Joking aside, when was the last transfer window when the majority thought we’d had a good window? 
My memory is a bit hazy as to when we signed players. 

We can’t all be like WHS & wank over every single transfer window like we have unearthed all the latest gems ?

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

What an extremely boring transfer window. 

Aye, was just thinking... 70 pages worth of us talking nonsense has culminated in us bringing in one college kid who isn't going to be anywhere near the first team any time soon. Even the players we're being linked with aren't interesting. Maybe someone could even just make up a (believable) rumour linking us with someone good... just to save us all from losing the will to live. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Aye, was just thinking... 70 pages worth of us talking nonsense has culminated in us bringing in one college kid who isn't going to be anywhere near the first team any time soon. Even the players we're being linked with aren't interesting. Maybe someone could even just make up a (believable) rumour linking us with someone good... just to save us all from losing the will to live. 

I have been more excited by the thought of us hopefully getting rid of shite players than the hope of signing good ones this window.

Strange that though, considering we have such a ‘brilliant squad’ ?

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I have been more excited by the thought of us hopefully getting rid of shite players than the hope of signing good ones this window.

Yeah, and so far we haven't even managed to do that, other than ditch Longstaff and Samuels who were never ours in the first place.

We have a truly awful squad - it's an extremely depressing thought that we might have to go through the rest of the season with these same players.

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, and so far we haven't even managed to do that, other than ditch Longstaff and Samuels who were never ours in the first place.

We have a truly awful squad - it's an extremely depressing thought that we might have to go through the rest of the season with these same players.

Cormack/Glass are driving fans away via most turning to complete apathy towards the club. Starts with frustration/anger but soon turns to apathy & that is what will send the club into a spiral downwards

All the snake oil chat this past year has only sped up this effect because they have nothing what so ever to show for it

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/aberdeen-pull-plug-on-jamie-mcgrath-move-as-st-mirren-ace-considers-other-options-3529668

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Zander Clark were to turn us down in favour of a move south. Fully anticipate that to happen next.

I Hope so, as a new goalkeeper is the least of our problems at the moment, Aye Joe has not been at his best all season, but even a below par Joe Lewis is a far better keeper than Zander fkn Clark ffs

• Upvote 3
15 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Genuine question here - if we take off the red tinted spectacles and put ourselves in the players' shoes, what are the selling points for joining Aberdeen Football Club right now? 

That's possibly one of the easiest questions I have seen for a while, which the honest answer to it is sweet fcuk all.

Thanks to shiny teeth fcukin Cormack :blahblah1: Glass and the group, cheers lads.

9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

FnD level posting. Same thing over and over. Once will do you piece of shit. 

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The next time I listen to you is the first time, you gullible cunt 

Isn't just so refreshing to feel the love on here between fellow dandies, it's just a thingy of beauty. ?

After spending yesterday having a chat with Craig Brown and Stewart Milne regarding their information about the signing (or lack of) Jamie McGrath both said it was all agreed in principle but McGrath had a change of heart.

The good news though is since Andrew Considine is looking like it’s slow progress back from injury we are looking at Notta Nuvadud the 6’3” central defender from the MLS second league. Both did say it’s extremely handy that Stephen Glass and his assistant’s have kept an eye on that league as there could be more signings to come later in the month.

23 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Ferguson off to Cagliari On loan with an obligation to buy. 

Surely won't actually be going on those terms? A huge gamble by the club. 

If it was just a loan with an obligation to buy come June, then fair. But, it hinges on them staying up. 

Club wouldn't do it unless there was a guarantee, IMO. 

43 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I can't understand  the loan shit...Buy him if they really want him.

Well considering it's based on their top flight status, I'd imagine they could afford the fee as a Serie A side but not a Serie B side. They are occupying the last relegation place, currently. 

50 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Griffiths has to be pay as you play! If you gamble then it’s up to him to want to get fit and earn his money 

This doesn't exist

We'd have to pay him a basic wage at least of the National Minimum Wage. We could then structure an appearance bonus on top of this

However all theoretical as we won't be signing him