January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Ferguson off to Cagliari On loan with an obligation to buy. 

I'd love this to happen purely for the comedy of one of the Ferguson clan taking Italian lessons. "ok Lewis, tell me the Italian for an idiot" ....."errr is it il fuddio?"

However surely it can't be true that we'd accept this. If they were obligated to buy him at the end of the loan why not just buy him now? Two things strike me..........either there are some "get out" clauses that mean it isn't an obligation to buy at all ( eg if he snaps his cruciate.......or even just the club can veto it if they get relegated)........or they're in deep financial trouble and just cannot afford a fee right now.....although surely we'd be aware of this and wouldn't tolerate risking it.

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd love this to happen purely for the comedy of one of the Ferguson clan taking Italian lessons. "ok Lewis, tell me the Italian for an idiot" ....."errr is it il fuddio?"

However surely it can't be true that we'd accept this. If they were obligated to buy him at the end of the loan why not just buy him now? Two things strike me..........either there are some "get out" clauses that mean it isn't an obligation to buy at all ( eg if he snaps his cruciate.......or even just the club can veto it if they get relegated)........or they're in deep financial trouble and just cannot afford a fee right now.....although surely we'd be aware of this and wouldn't tolerate risking it.

Bingo. That's exactly what the story is reporting. They're only obligated to buy if they stay up. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Any loan to buy deal dependent on promotion or relegation needs to be consigned to the bin.

Either buy him now or come back and buy him in the summer once you know which division you are playing in. Or fuck off and stop wasting everyone's time.

Exactly, let them buy him and if they get relegated they can sell him on!

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And then more arguments ensue when Joe Bloggs from Rotherham signs on loan ?

Joking aside, when was the last transfer window when the majority thought we’d had a good window? 
My memory is a bit hazy as to when we signed players. 

I remember everyone being delighted with the window in 2017. This place was buzzing when we brought in:

Maynard, Arnason, Stewart, Tansey, May, Ball, GMS and Christie.

I've ordered them by how disappointing they were.

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd go for the deal.

£3.5M if you stay up but call it £1.5M and send him back to the Dons if you go down. 

Locks in the £3.5M which is above what I thought we'd be getting

Italian teams have a history of going bankrupt and doing a sevco. If Cagliari went down I wouldn't want to risk that happening and us getting the player back but with £0 to show for us being without him for 6 months

Has someone just made this up, or is this based on genuine information? I've no idea how good / bad Seria A is these days but Ferguson isn't exactly the type of player you'd think would be suited to foreign football. That said, I don't really care where he ends up - if we get an offer of £3m or more I'd accept it. The guy has been wanting away for at least a year now. He's served us well, and that would be a decent price for him I think.

49 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Has someone just made this up, or is this based on genuine information? I've no idea how good / bad Seria A is these days but Ferguson isn't exactly the type of player you'd think would be suited to foreign football. That said, I don't really care where he ends up - if we get an offer of £3m or more I'd accept it. The guy has been wanting away for at least a year now. He's served us well, and that would be a decent price for him I think.

I’d hazard a guess that with the huns game rapidly approaching that it’s made up in a futile attempt to unsettle us.

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I’d hazard a guess that with the huns game rapidly approaching that it’s made up in a futile attempt to unsettle us.

Why would the catholic italian press make up a rumour to help the Scottish Protestant hun fucks? It’s all over their papers and media sites?