January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I think he's a very good player. Unfortunately I don't think he's been playing to his potential for the past year. 

I think that’s wrong, this last while he’s taken more responsibility in games, he’s all over the park trying to get on the ball. If he wasn’t playing good he wouldn’t be getting anywhere near the Scotland squad. 

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Scotty Burns is scoffing at the prospect of Fergie moving to Cagliari!

… having said that, since the end of McInnes’ tenure, Burns’ stream of reliable information from Pittodrie seems to have dried up somewhat. Coincidence?

Scott Burns just throws shite at the wall and hopes it sticks. I've never seen anyone so OTK act as if they're ITK.

5 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

This window is fantastic ,  can’t keep up with all the comings and going’s. Cormack and Glass and the Girl Guides they have for scouts are doing a great job. 

This is the second time you’ve tried  that pish statement in as many posts 

are you bored ?
we are viewing this , your getting almost as bad as the bbc with repeats 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ruth been recalled i see. I wonder if that's with a view to being part of the squad or loaning him out again. If it's the former it seems clear we aren't trying to recruit another striker. Mind you we already have a brilliant squad. 

He lost his place in the Falkirk team and hasn't been getting in the squad since Sheerin got sacked. Would expect that we may look for another loan for him as he definitely isn't ready for SPL.

Hopefully we can find a team where he plays beside a striker as really not suited to being a lone front man playing up on his own. A bit like Bruce Anderson when he went to Ayr last season the clubs they have gone out to and the way they play have really not been suited to helping them develop and gain confidence. Maybe we could see if he could get a loan to Kelty where Connor Barron thrived and it might help get his confidence up again as they seem like a freescoring team. 

I'll stick my neck out and say we will bring in one loan and one very late permanent signing

Clark to be announced eventually on a pre-contract although the fixture list is very congested for the next 5 weeks and getting him up for a medical/signing might be difficult after taking his training commitments with St J into account

One other pre-contract to be announced......Hedges replacement. Hopefully NOT Broom

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Shut up. You sound like the nodding donkey sturgeon. 

Ooooh should I feel fear ????

you’ve been caught out just accept it , and get back into discussing football matters 

ps you must actually watch sturgeon to make that comparison that is a bit sad and more than a little weird 

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'll stick my neck out and say we will bring in one loan and one very late permanent signing

Clark to be announced eventually on a pre-contract although the fixture list is very congested for the next 5 weeks and getting him up for a medical/signing might be difficult after taking his training commitments with St J into account

One other pre-contract to be announced......Hedges replacement. Hopefully NOT Broom

Is Broom out of contract this season? I saw the Peterborough chief exec say they wanted £500k for him. He's been on the Deludamol more than Data Dave

57 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He lost his place in the Falkirk team and hasn't been getting in the squad since Sheerin got sacked. Would expect that we may look for another loan for him as he definitely isn't ready for SPL.

Hopefully we can find a team where he plays beside a striker as really not suited to being a lone front man playing up on his own. A bit like Bruce Anderson when he went to Ayr last season the clubs they have gone out to and the way they play have really not been suited to helping them develop and gain confidence. Maybe we could see if he could get a loan to Kelty where Connor Barron thrived and it might help get his confidence up again as they seem like a freescoring team. 

Thing is though - if, like Anderson, he's not suited to playing up front on his own, what's the point in having him in our squad at all? We had a little spell this season when we played with 2 strikers - JET alongside Ramirez - incidentally I think that's when we looked our best - but for the most part Glass seems to just play Ramirez up top on his own with 2 guys wide of him in a 433 or 3 behind him in a 4231. 

We're probably 2 good forward players (1 striker and 1 no10) away from a fucking good team. Ramirez does so much work off the ball that i don't see how he can keep up up over a whole season without picking up some form of muscle injury. Hedges so one footed that it takes the momentum out of attacks when he has to stop and move the ball on to his left foot. Come on Davie boy better get the chequebook out. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We're probably 2 good forward players (1 striker and 1 no10) away from a fucking good team. Ramirez does so much work off the ball that i don't see how he can keep up up over a whole season without picking up some form of muscle injury. Hedges so one footed that it takes the momentum out of attacks when he has to stop and move the ball on to his left foot. Come on Davie boy better get the chequebook out. 

I’d say pace out wide is needed too.

If you’re bringing on McLennan (League One standard) as first sub, that tells you you’re weak in that position. 

Still think we desperately need a quality CH to slot in a 3 at back between McCrorie & Bates. Gallagher is not the one for that & for me it should be one of the priority signings. 

Would be happy with back 3 if we can source a real decent one for middle. Brown in front & FB’s pushing forward 

Desperately need an attacking No.10 that can open things up & Ramirez needs help.

Hayes can still play LW but a decent RW player to link with Ramsay going fwd would be a great help

Yes, we need another CH, and it's looking like we'll need a creative midfielder (no.10) and most likely another winger (preferably with some pace), but holyfuckingshitballs we need another striker! 

If Ramirez gets injured we are screwed. We certainly can't rely on Ruth in that situation. The big American has been giving everything every week - he fairly puts in a shift for the team. You have to wonder how long he can keep that going without sustaining an injury of some sort. 

Time for Mowbray to show his worth and find us a gem from somewhere. As has been mentioned by a few other posters, we need more pace in the forward areas, so a nippy striker than can get in behind would be ideal, and one that does goals.

• Upvote 2