January 2022 transfer window

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m getting the definite impression from listening to Glass when he’s asked about players coming in, that we are finding it very difficult to get targets we want.

”we’ll try” seems to be the line being used now as opposed to “we’ll come out the window stronger” that was being said a few weeks ago. 

Just have to face facts....in the grand scheme of things we just aren't a massive attraction even for fairly bog standard players. 

We are based in a remote outpost of Europe, the chances of winning something aren't great (although not a totally forlorn hope). The money we pay, whilst good in Scotland is fairly achievable in most other European countries and in some can even be bettered in their lower leagues.

If McGrath does turn up at Wigan I think that says just about everything that needs said

21 minutes ago, Jazzer08 said:

Yes, we need another CH, and it's looking like we'll need a creative midfielder (no.10) and most likely another winger (preferably with some pace), but holyfuckingshitballs we need another striker! 

If Ramirez gets injured we are screwed. We certainly can't rely on Ruth in that situation. The big American has been giving everything every week - he fairly puts in a shift for the team. You have to wonder how long he can keep that going without sustaining an injury of some sort. 

Time for Mowbray to show his worth and find us a gem from somewhere. As has been mentioned by a few other posters, we need more pace in the forward areas, so a nippy striker than can get in behind would be ideal, and one that does goals.

Kabongo Tshimanga from Chesterfield would be a cheap option. Pacey, 24 so still young enough to sell on and 58 goals at national league level since 2019. Think the Edinburgh Sevco are looking at him too. 

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Just have to face facts....in the grand scheme of things we just aren't a massive attraction even for fairly bog standard players. 

We are based in a remote outpost of Europe, the chances of winning something aren't great (although not a totally forlorn hope). The money we pay, whilst good in Scotland is fairly achievable in most other European countries and in some can even be bettered in their lower leagues.

If McGrath does turn up at Wigan I think that says just about everything that needs said

Can’t disagree with any of that. 

Fucking Wigan. Lol. 

We need some quality in the final third who can create and score. The best cross that we put into the box tonight came from Ramirez, who is the man you want to be in the box on the end of the crosses. Hedges is fine. Ojo and Jenks are not good enough. McLennan and Kennedy are nowhere near good enough. McGinn past his sell by date and no longer good enough. JET magic one game in 7 and the other 6 not good enough.

Whole heap of utter crap we've got in the final third. Need to somehow get rid of a load of them, and bring in a couple of quality players with pace and the ability to unlock a defence. That would transform our team into one that actually wins games and is significantly better to watch.

That's Michael Ruth been recalled from his loan at Falkirk, am I reading more into this than I should or does this say we have been looking for a striker but are not capable of convincing anyone to come to the dons, so we will take Ruth back to sit on the bench and pray Ramirez never gets injured or suspended.

Oh and we have also realized that Jet is fcukin horse shit another reason we have taken Ruth back from Falkirk.

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The previous manager was always able to attract players though. Players all wanted to play under him. Aberdeen might not be in the central belt but it's hardly Outer Mongolia. We're a big club (or not if you believe that baw faced balloon Peter Martin) that can attract good players. In all honesty I just don't think Glass is experienced enough or really a good enough manager to attract  players. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The previous manager was always able to attract players though. Players all wanted to play under him. Aberdeen might not be in the central belt but it's hardly Outer Mongolia. We're a big club (or not if you believe that baw faced balloon Peter Martin) that can attract good players. In all honesty I just don't think Glass is experienced enough or really a good enough manager to attract  players. 

Agents know a snake oil salesman when they hear one

9 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Kabongo Tshimanga from Chesterfield would be a cheap option. Pacey, 24 so still young enough to sell on and 58 goals at national league level since 2019. Think the Edinburgh Sevco are looking at him too. 

6 foot 5 and 18 stone I presume?

5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

That's Michael Ruth been recalled from his loan at Falkirk, am I reading more into this than I should or does this say we have been looking for a striker but are not capable of convincing anyone to come to the dons, so we will take Ruth back to sit on the bench and pray Ramirez never gets injured or suspended.

Oh and we have also realized that Jet is fcukin horse shit another reason we have taken Ruth back from Falkirk.

Yes, you are reading more into it than there is.

He wasn't getting a game a Falkirk, so no point wasting the loons time being there. He'll go somewhere else for games.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No criticism of him for signing. Not his fault. 

He was out his depth.

The blame lies with Glass who was the only one who thought he’d be up to it. 

Indeed, just as it did with McInnes with Forrester, Gleeson, Wylde etc.

It's been recognised and rectified. They won't be the only managers to sign shite and get rid at the earliest opportunity. 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This coming summer.

… and “just” Ojo?

You forgot about McLennan, McGinn, Devlin, JET & Kennedy. 

Thus summer should give plenty scope to get rid of more dead wood and bring in new faces. Can't afford any more Gurr's or Longstaffs though.