January 2022 transfer window

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

Indeed, just as it did with McInnes with Forrester, Gleeson, Wylde etc.

It's been recognised and rectified. They won't be the only managers to sign shite and get rid at the earliest opportunity. 

Thus summer should give plenty scope to get rid of more dead wood and bring in new faces. Can't afford any more Gurr's or Longstaffs though.

Trouble is, JET, Kennedy & McLennan have all another year to go on their contracts after this. 

8 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Unfortunately think it’s just a cull of numbers no one else coming in 

If that turns out to be the case both Glass and Cormack need their baws parted. Glass for building such a shite squad in the summer and Cormack for hiring a shite manager. If we are sitting with the same players come February then we should be looking at a root and branch clear out of the whole place. 

I retain hope that we can pull a couple of rabbits out the hat as we need to build on what was a decent performance and result last night. 

• Upvote 1

It’s all went quiet on the transfer front so it’s time to step up a gear…..

Dean Campbell unfortunately won’t be going anywhere on loan due to the lack of interested parties.

We are stuck with Joe want away Lewis until the summer due to a lack of interested parties wanting to sign him now.

Jamie McGrath is having second thoughts and is now genuinely interested in coming to Aberdeen.

As stated from the start…Tottenham Hotspur are the favourites to sign Calvin Ramsay. 

21 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Dean Campbell unfortunately won’t be going anywhere on loan due to the lack of interested parties.

We are stuck with Joe want away Lewis until the summer due to a lack of interested parties wanting to sign him now.

Jamie McGrath is having second thoughts and is now genuinely interested in coming to Aberdeen.

As stated from the start…Tottenham Hotspur are the favourites to sign Calvin Ramsay. 

Find that difficult to believe as Wigan are just about to table a bid for him. He'll be away there by the start of next week imo. 

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

?  ??

• Haha 1
On 1/19/2022 at 6:46 AM, AyrshireSheep said:

The previous manager was always able to attract players though. Players all wanted to play under him. 

Was he? Did they? 

I'd question that.

He was able to attract some players, and some players seem to have liked him and even liked his lackadaisical training methods.

There were others who didn't seem overly impressed with him phoning it in and not putting in the effort.

I do suspect that you are remembering McInnes' transfer dealings with overdue fondness, and a rose-tinted memory which doesn't actually reflect reality.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Was he? Did they? 

I'd question that.

He was able to attract some players, and some players seem to have liked him and even liked his lackadaisical training methods.

There were others who didn't seem overly impressed with him phoning it in and not putting in the effort.

I do suspect that you are remembering McInnes' transfer dealings with overdue fondness, and a rose-tinted memory which doesn't actually reflect reality.

You suspect wrong. I'm far from a McInnes fan boy. I wanted him out the door as much as the next person. But look at all the interviews from when players signed. Mostly, they all said how influential he was in them signing. McCrorie for example. Heading to Hibs then McInnes gets on the blower. Same with Ojo. Now i'm not saying every single signing was like that and i'm sure there were a few who came purely for the money and once here they didn't particularly like McInnes. But, in the main i'd say McInnes was better at being able to talk players info coming to the club. In all honesty, i reckon Scott Brown has more influence on players coming here than Glass does. You know what you get from Brown. Proven winner, one of the most decorated players in the Scottish game. What does Glass bring to the table? Failed tenure as assistant manager in Ireland, coaching reserve football in America and unable to step up to the big league there. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

You suspect wrong. I'm far from a McInnes fan boy. I wanted him out the door as much as the next person. But look at all the interviews from when players signed. Mostly, they all said how influential he was in them signing. McCrorie for example. Heading to Hibs then McInnes gets on the blower. Same with Ojo. Now i'm not saying every single signing was like that and i'm sure there were a few who came purely for the money and once here they didn't particularly like McInnes. But, in the main i'd say McInnes was better at being able to talk players info coming to the club. In all honesty, i reckon Scott Brown has more influence on players coming here than Glass does. You know what you get from Brown. Proven winner, one of the most decorated players in the Scottish game. What does Glass bring to the table? Failed tenure as assistant manager in Ireland, coaching reserve football in America and unable to step up to the big league there. 

I agree with you there. As you say quite a few players signed for Aberdeen and said it was because of McInnes. I am certainly far from being his biggest fan but in this instance you are correct.

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

Was he? Did they? 

I'd question that.

Who didn’t seem overly impressed with him. Nearly all the players or even ex players iv heard in interviews speak very highly of mccinnes 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I am quite sure you are just on the wind up, but points 1 and 2 are incorrect.  Plenty of interest in Campbell and Lewis does not wish to leave, hence why he recently bought a new house.

53 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

What does Glass bring to the table?

Did he not bring Scott Brown? The player you are crediting with attracting players to us. Which in itself is quite strange, as all the players that have ‘been attracted’ to us of late have been shite anyway other than Ramirez really ?

Your post doesn’t make sense basically as you are giving Brown false praise it seems for imaginary players, or ones that haven’t happened yet. Or just making up some crazy shite in your own mind ?

10 minutes ago, VandeVen7 said:

I am quite sure you are just on the wind up, but points 1 and 2 are incorrect.  Plenty of interest in Campbell and Lewis does not wish to leave, hence why he recently bought a new house.

I buy houses in places I don’t even live & I don’t have as much money as Lewis I am pretty sure. Buying a house rather than renting one just means he has sense not to waste money really. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I don't suppose the extra wonga that McInnes was offering whilst on the blower had anything to do with it maybe?