January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What does Glass bring to the table?

Did he not bring Scott Brown? The player you are crediting with attracting players to us. Which in itself is quite strange, as all the players that have ‘been attracted’ to us of late have been shite anyway other than Ramirez really ?

Your post doesn’t make sense basically as you are giving Brown false praise it seems for imaginary players, or ones that haven’t happened yet. Or just making up some crazy shite in your own mind ?

Brown has a personal connection with Glass. They're good mates and have been since their Hibs days. And he's also here in a first team coaching capacity that Celtic never at any point offered him. He made it clear when he signed he wanted into the coaching side and we offered him that. Had we just offered him a playing role i have my doubts he'd be here. 

Glass may have brought Brown to the club but he also brought Gurr, Samuels, Longstaff, JET, and gave extensions to Devlin and McGinn. He may even have given McLennan an extension (i can't remember if it was him so i stand to be corrected). Out of all his transfer dealings so far 3 have been a success in Brown, Ramirez and i think we can probably add Bates into it now. That's a success rate almost on a par with his career win ratio. What a guy right enough  

28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Tucker seems to be a big old unit. Taller even than Gallagher who I presume he would be replacing if we got him.

I suspect Slippers is probably correct and we won't get him but at least it's the right sort of player we should be targetting....young and with a sell on value

What's the thinking with another CH? Ramsay away? McCrorie to RB? Am I missing something?? There's general consensus ( since the summer) about the area of the pitch that desperately needs strengthened

1 hour ago, VandeVen7 said:

I am quite sure you are just on the wind up, but points 1 and 2 are incorrect.  Plenty of interest in Campbell and Lewis does not wish to leave, hence why he recently bought a new house.

Milne told me no one has shown any real interest in Campbell and it was Brown who told me big Joe is wanting out. I have not spoken with Dave Cormack since our car accident.

@ollie1903 can confirm my sources are spot on. He will surely know what is happening with Deano. 

7 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

What's the thinking with another CH? Ramsay away? McCrorie to RB? Am I missing something?? There's general consensus ( since the summer) about the area of the pitch that desperately needs strengthened

We've needed a left sided CH since Consi got injured. I've no great evidence as to how his rehab is going other than to say that a couple have posted on here that it's not going too well. In the squad for St Mirren probably on that basis but they might be correct. Even if he does make a return, I suspect any new extension he gets (surely one year only) would be on the basis of now being a squad player only. 

However there remains the problem of Gallagher. Who hasn't played much at all since he joined up for a number of reasons. Again no evidence to back this up but Dundee fans seemed fairly confident he would end up there on loan this window. There's certainly something strange about a guy who was a Scotland regular only 12 months back suddenly going to being 3rd choice at a club mid-table in the SPL. If there is any truth that we are looking at Tucker then I'd surmise it's to replace Gallagher rather than Consi. At 22, he won't be wanting to be a squad player so either we would be looking to play a back 3 or he takes McCrorie's place in the back line and McCrorie ends up back in midfield??

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

It could be that we have a young RB lined up as mainstream moan alluded too should Ramsay leave. McCrorie pushed into Fergusons slot when he leaves. McCrorie has came on so much since start of season at CB and forming a good partnership with Bates it would be a shame to break it up. Other option would be 3 at back with Tucker, McCrorie and Bates? If 3 at the back was what we wanted to play I feel like we would have tried it more with Gallagher, McCrorie and Bates now they are all fit. There must be a point in time where Gallagher starts to make noises with his place in the Scotland squad now seriously in trouble.

Sub striker. Left sided creative player, another left back, that's what's required. 

Failing to get the first 2 would be criminal. 

We will do fuck all if the squad stays the same and we're adding a guy from college soccer in America, who'll no doubt take a few months to adjust. 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

It could be that we have a young RB lined up as mainstream moan alluded too should Ramsay leave. McCrorie pushed into Fergusons slot when he leaves. McCrorie has came on so much since start of season at CB and forming a good partnership with Bates it would be a shame to break it up. Other option would be 3 at back with Tucker, McCrorie and Bates? 

I like McCrorie in central defence but as Tuesday night showed, always a mistake in him, however much Lewis was equally or perhaps more culpable for that goal.

He could easily step into either Ramsay’s or Ferguson’s size 10s should and when they depart, I have no worries on that score.

But central defence is clearly an area that we need to strengthen. As mentioned the other night, Ramsay comes  off and does Gallagher come off the bench? So that shows you there is no confidence in him from the management team.

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Sub striker. Left sided creative player, another left back, that's what's required. 

Failing to get the first 2 would be criminal. 

We will do fuck all if the squad stays the same and we're adding a guy from college soccer in America, who'll no doubt take a few months to adjust. 

I agree, only I’d add a “no 10” central attacking midfielder.

If we don’t 5th is best we’ll get maybe. 

I think 4th is up for grabs.  3rd is achievable but we'd need to be pretty consistent to catch and overtake Hearts who haven't lost many games so far.

Realistically anywhere between 4th and 7th depending on how consistent we are. I'd like to think we have enough to be in the hunt for European places though as most teams in mid table have had reasonably long spells without a win

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think 4th is up for grabs.  3rd is achievable but we'd need to be pretty consistent to catch and overtake Hearts who haven't lost many games so far.

Realistically anywhere between 4th and 7th depending on how consistent we are. I'd like to think we have enough to be in the hunt for European places though as most teams in mid table have had reasonably long spells without a win

In some respects, given this was always going to be a transitional season, and with us being hamstrung with a newbie manager that most of us think is not fit for purpose, 4th would probably be acceptable IF a clear and improving picture could be envisioned for next season and beyond, in terms of youngsters breaking into the side, recruitment corrected to target younger and more ambitious players, and all done within a framework of an attractive playing style.

A big if……

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

hearts play sevco, celtic and hibs in their next four while we play st mirren, st johnstone, county and livvie.

So i'd say we'll have a good idea if we are in the mix for 3rd at the end of that.

I would hope we'll be 4th in the next few weeks.

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

hearts play sevco, celtic and hibs in their next four while we play st mirren, st johnstone, county and livvie.

So i'd say we'll have a good idea if we are in the mix for 3rd at the end of that.

I would hope we'll be 4th in the next few weeks.

We'll have to face them later on in the 3rd round of fixtures. Yes it's possible that Hearts could lose all 3 and we catch them. But fast forward another 8 weeks from that point and it's entirely possible that Hearts are back 9 points ahead with us having lost to those 3 sides and with the split closing in. Hopefully not........but I'd far rather be in Hearts' shoes right now, looking like they can only throw 3rd place away than us sitting in 6th and with a couple of booby-trapped difficult away fixtures against St Mirren and Coonty sandwiching a home game against a surely fighting for their lives desperate St Johnstone. 9 points from those 3 games would be a far better outcome for us than a lot would give credit for. 

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We'll have to face them later on in the 3rd round of fixtures. Yes it's possible that Hearts could lose all 3 and we catch them. But fast forward another 8 weeks from that point and it's entirely possible that Hearts are back 9 points ahead with us having lost to those 3 sides and with the split closing in. Hopefully not........but I'd far rather be in Hearts' shoes right now, looking like they can only throw 3rd place away than us sitting in 6th and with a couple of booby-trapped difficult away fixtures against St Mirren and Coonty sandwiching a home game against a surely fighting for their lives desperate St Johnstone. 9 points from those 3 games would be a far better outcome for us than a lot would give credit for. 

My confidence is growing that we can get 3rd. We need a couple of good signings in attacking third and I think we could go on a solid run. Don't fear Celtic or Rangers on Tuesdays showing. We defiantly need to beat hearts in the 2 remaining games against them.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

In some respects, given this was always going to be a transitional season, and with us being hamstrung with a newbie manager that most of us think is not fit for purpose, 4th would probably be acceptable IF a clear and improving picture could be envisioned for next season and beyond, in terms of youngsters breaking into the side, recruitment corrected to target younger and more ambitious players, and all done within a framework of an attractive playing style.

A big if……

If he finishes top 4 and wins the Scottish Cup I'll gladly eat humble pie. 

6 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But, in the main i'd say McInnes was better at being able to talk players info coming to the club. 

I can see why you might think that, but there's quite a bit of guesswork in there too.

Under McInnes Aberdeen were probably the second best destination in Scottish football. Not a very successful club by any means, but one which paid well and generally sat around the top end of the table. No relegation worries or undue stress. Was the sales pitch really that hard?

On the other hand we've only seen one and a half transfer windows from Glass. It's a bit early to judge.

5 hours ago, thurso said:

Who didn’t seem overly impressed with him. Nearly all the players or even ex players iv heard in interviews speak very highly of mccinnes 

There have been a number of players who, upon exiting the club have made remarks about the intensity of the training. Sam Cosgrove was one of them, but I remember there being others.

15 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

I can see why you might think that, but there's quite a bit of guesswork in there too.

Under McInnes Aberdeen were probably the second best destination in Scottish football. Not a very successful club by any means, but one which paid well and generally sat around the top end of the table. No relegation worries or undue stress. Was the sales pitch really that hard?

On the other hand we've only seen one and a half transfer windows from Glass. It's a bit early to judge.

There have been a number of players who, upon exiting the club have made remarks about the intensity of the training. Sam Cosgrove was one of them, but I remember there being others.

Aye i'll give you that. Cosgrove ripped McInnes a new hoop when he left. Was quite amusing actually. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I know what my money would be on.

English diddies on loan from League One 

Ok lads.

It appears we have run out of actual news to get annoyed about. To maintain our constant state of misery we're going to need to just make up stuff to get angry about.

I'll do my part:

I don't know who we're going to sign next but we'll probably try to sign someone shit. An overrated defensive midfielder on loan from an English league two team.  And he'll probably look like he has an extra chromosome and have a silly name like Timmy Stinkballs.

:angry2:

7 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Ok lads.

It appears we have run out of actual news to get annoyed about. To maintain our constant state of misery we're going to need to just make up stuff to get angry about.

I'll do my part:

I don't know who we're going to sign next but we'll probably try to sign someone shit. An overrated defensive midfielder on loan from an English league two team.  And he'll probably look like he has an extra chromosome and have a silly name like Timmy Stinkballs.

:angry2:

That’s where Russ Richardson’s wee black book went. 

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

Thank fcuk for that what a waste of a shirt.

It’s just a shame that Glass and fcukin Cormack are not heading back there with him on the same flight.

He was an absolutely dreadful player. I never seen any potential in the lad, he lacked awareness and have very limited ability as a footballer. It’s for the best he is away. 

New information just in….Calvin Ramsay is definitely of strong interest to Spurs and they are hoping to do a deal with Aberdeen to complete the signing of the talented full back. A loan back being the sticking point but a young forward Dane Scarlett could be used as part of the deal as he would be given to Aberdeen on loan. 
This didn’t come from Milne or Brown so should be taken seriously.