January 2022 transfer window

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

New information just in….Calvin Ramsay is definitely of strong interest to Spurs and they are hoping to do a deal with Aberdeen to complete the signing of the talented full back. A loan back being the sticking point but a young forward Dane Scarlett could be used as part of the deal as he would be given to Aberdeen on loan. 
This didn’t come from Milne or Brown so should be taken seriously.

A 17 year old isn't the type of back up we need for Ramirez. Seems highly thought of at Spurs and if they only want to send him on loan for 6 months i don't see how we benefit from it. 

2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

I can see why you might think that, but there's quite a bit of guesswork in there too.

Under McInnes Aberdeen were probably the second best destination in Scottish football. Not a very successful club by any means, but one which paid well and generally sat around the top end of the table. No relegation worries or undue stress. Was the sales pitch really that hard?

On the other hand we've only seen one and a half transfer windows from Glass. It's a bit early to judge.

There have been a number of players who, upon exiting the club have made remarks about the intensity of the training. Sam Cosgrove was one of them, but I remember there being others.

Who are they. And intensity in training doesn’t mean they didn’t like him or his methods.
Sam cosgrove said that when he joined a new team. The training he was doing here must of been working as he scored a barrowload of goals here but none anywhere else 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I buy houses in places I don’t even live & I don’t have as much money as Lewis I am pretty sure. Buying a house rather than renting one just means he has sense not to waste money really. 

Really? I defo had Fine n Dandy down as still living at home waiting to leave the family nest. Certainly didn’t have him down as successful enough to have multiple homes based on his posts ??

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

New information just in….Calvin Ramsay is definitely of strong interest to Spurs and they are hoping to do a deal with Aberdeen to complete the signing of the talented full back. A loan back being the sticking point but a young forward Dane Scarlett could be used as part of the deal as he would be given to Aberdeen on loan. 
This didn’t come from Milne or Brown so should be taken seriously.

I'm guessing it came from the Calvin Ramsay thread on the main messageboard. 

• Haha 1

I'm genuinely pleased with the window thus far as we've offloaded Longstaff, Samuels and Gurr.

Hopefully Campbell gets a loan move to give him much needed first team action.

Potentially sell Ramsay for a club record of 6+ million plus add ons and have him loaned back to us for the remainder of the season.

Even if we only sign up 2-3 decent players on pre-contracts I'd mark it down as an improvement on the past 3 transfer windows.

I'm not denying we need improvements now. I just rather we didn't waste a wage on dross anymore and would prefer o see us wait till the summer.

20 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The transfer windows fairly weeds out the window lickers on here. 

I agree. 

However, aren't you a little concerned? 

I wasn't flapping two weeks ago, or even a week ago...but the flap is starting to appear. 

We're 10 days out and the only thing that seems likely to happen is we lose our most creative player to another club. 

Tuesday showed we are a decent team, but, we could be better with a few tweaks, especially on the left side. 

Bizarre. 

44 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm genuinely pleased with the window thus far as we've offloaded Longstaff, Samuels and Gurr.

Hopefully Campbell gets a loan move to give him much needed first team action.

Potentially sell Ramsay for a club record of 6+ million plus add ons and have him loaned back to us for the remainder of the season.

Even if we only sign up 2-3 decent players on pre-contracts I'd mark it down as an improvement on the past 3 transfer windows.

I'm not denying we need improvements now. I just rather we didn't waste a wage on dross anymore and would prefer o see us wait till the summer.

This….  
would much prefer going with what we have now for second half of season and getting the quality required in summer than scouring the lower leagues of England for players no better than those in our youth team. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree. 

I wasn't flapping two weeks ago, or even a week ago...but the flap is starting to appear. 

We're 10 days out and the only thing that seems likely to happen is we lose our most creative player to another club. 

Tuesday showed we are a decent team, but, we could be better with a few tweaks, especially on the left side. 

Bizarre. 

Things always happen later in the window. I'll judge our dealings after the window is closed. 

I wouldn't be too annoyed if we kept the squad we had. 

39 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

This….  
would much prefer going with what we have now for second half of season and getting the quality required in summer than scouring the lower leagues of England for players no better than those in our youth team. 

Going with what we have just now isn't really the problem. The majority of the 1st 11 as it is is fine. It's the backup to it though. What happens if Ramirez gets injured? What happens now if Ramsay picks up another injury? Who's going to create the chances if we lose him to another injury? Ramirez does so much running off the ball i find it difficult to believe he won't pick up some form of injury between now and the end of the season. JET isn't the answer. Watkins injured, McLennan pish, McGinn? Be aswell letting him go. That's my issue with it so far. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree. 

Bizarre. 

I'd rather we didn't sign anyone, than just signing players for the sake of it

• Haha 1