January 2022 transfer window

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Wouldn't turn it down. As long as there was a sell on % then it's as good as we could hope for right now. Get to strengthening the "group". Oh and pay off Glass. 

5m upfront rising to 8m. None of this 3m upfront rising to 5m shite or they can fuck off! We have to hold out on this 1 as he’s the real deal! 

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure we'll take £5m if we're offered it and he's loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

Hedges will be off to Blackburn and I can see us getting one of their crappy young players on loan for the rest of the season as part of the deal. If that is the case hopefully it'll be someone in a position we actually need rather than this Davenport chap who's another defensive midfielder.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the following leaves before the window closes - McLennan, JET, Kennedy, Gallagher, Campbell - either on loan or permanent. At the most it'll be two of them, but I'd guess maybe just one.

I think we'll bring in a young guy from England on loan - a striker / forward player.

I reckon we'll also sign one more player on a permanent deal - maybe McGrath, but if not him we'll take someone else in.

So in summary - Ramsay and Hedges sold, one or two others possibly out on loan or permanent, one player in permanently and one or two on loan. I reckon it could be the busiest end to a transfer window we've had in a long time. 

32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Take it. 
with add ons.

Bank£3m

spend £2m…

caveat…. Glass doesn’t spend it. 

23 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Wouldn't turn it down. As long as there was a sell on % then it's as good as we could hope for right now. Get to strengthening the "group". Oh and pay off Glass. 

Thank god you guys ain’t running the club 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Thank god you guys ain’t running the club 

Why? If we are offered £5m plus add ons we'd be absolutely mental to turn it down. We can use the Patterson fee all we want but realistically we aren't getting close to that ever. £5m for a player who's mot even played a full season of 1st team football is an excellent deal and even better if he stays on loan. 

33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Why? If we are offered £5m plus add ons we'd be absolutely mental to turn it down. We can use the Patterson fee all we want but realistically we aren't getting close to that ever. £5m for a player who's mot even played a full season of 1st team football is an excellent deal and even better if he stays on loan. 

The only way I’d agree to £5m if that’s up front £3m in add ons and 50% sell on fee plus if they get a % sell on fee we get 50% of that. 

26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You should wish we did… then we might not be 6th & have the “head coach” we do.

To be honest I think if you ran the club we would probably either end up the way rangers did and become the Aberdeen or relegated and not even 6th 

Just now, thurso said:

I probably am but that’s because I think he’s really good and better than Patterson do should be getting at least what the rangers got 

It's not happening though, is it? 

We're not going to get bids that high and the club will deal way before that point in any case. 

My gut feel is that anything close to £5m guaranteed will see the club bite and then it'll be a negotiation about acceptable future clauses for both parties. 

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

The only way I’d agree to £5m if that’s up front £3m in add ons and 50% sell on fee plus if they get a % sell on fee we get 50% of that. 

To be honest I think if you ran the club we would probably either end up the way rangers did and become the Aberdeen or relegated and not even 6th 

You are mad if you think any buying club will agree to 50% as a sell on. Absolutely bat shit crazy. We'll get 25-30% and that'll be it. 

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

You are mad if you think any buying club will agree to 50% as a sell on. Absolutely bat shit crazy. We'll get 25-30% and that'll be it. 

I’m looking for minimum 5m upfront, 1m for 10 Scotland caps, 1m for x appearances. 25% sell on kind of thing. At least 2m in achievable add ons. I have a feeling the 5m these cunts are offering is total including add ons in which case the club better not buckle. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, thurso said:

Jesus suffering Christ ?

You have zero to base that on. Nothing. 

I do know if I was running the club, I wouldn’t have even thought of Glass as a potential manager & would’ve gone through a proper interview process. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’m looking for minimum 5m upfront, 1m for 10 Scotland caps, 1m for x appearances. 25% sell on kind of thing. At least 2m in achievable add ons. I have a feeling the 5m these cunts are offering is total including add ons in which case the club better not buckle. 

Might be waiting a wee while for that imo. Whilst there's no doubt he'll be a Scotland regular Patterson is ahead of him right now. 

£5m up front, £1.5m after a certain amount of league appearances, 30% sell on (i say 30% because it's based on profit, not the price they sell him for)  and i think the club would deal at that. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Might be waiting a wee while for that imo. Whilst there's no doubt he'll be a Scotland regular Patterson is ahead of him right now. 

£5m up front, £1.5m after a certain amount of league appearances, 30% sell on (i say 30% because it's based on profit, not the price they sell him for)  and i think the club would deal at that. 

It’s absolutely bat shit crazy that O’Donnell is in squad ahead of him! Madness! I just hope we don’t sell us way short. Wouldn’t be a disaster the above. But just scared we accept 3.5m upfront with 1m add ons or some joke! 

8 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s absolutely bat shit crazy that O’Donnell is in squad ahead of him! Madness! I just hope we don’t sell us way short. Wouldn’t be a disaster the above. But just scared we accept 3.5m upfront with 1m add ons or some joke! 

I don't disagree. If it is £3.5m or the likes up front they should swiftly be told to fuck off. £5m minimum up front then i reckon there's a decision to be made. Any less than that and it's an easy enough decision for me.