January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Right now.......O'Donnell is the more reliable option. He is a better defender than Ramsay and isn't bad going forward. Ramsay is right now the better player in an attacking sense but as an all round player O' Donnell just shades it. A full back's first job is to defend after all is said and done

I don't think that status will last a lot longer but certainly for the next year or so.

Get on the phone to Bologna - I’m sure Motherwell would deal at £3.3 million 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Right now.......O'Donnell is the more reliable option. He is a better defender than Ramsay and isn't bad going forward. Ramsay is right now the better player in an attacking sense but as an all round player O' Donnell just shades it. A full back's first job is to defend after all is said and done

I don't think that status will last a lot longer but certainly for the next year or so.

This was the most laughable post I have seen in a football forum in years! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
41 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Regarding Ramsay, let’s face it, right now, he’s miles away from being even a £250k player. Since his injury, looks like a bang average young laddie.

Even last season, he was dodgy defensively and that has continued this season. 

There is no doubting the ability is there but at the moment, it’s all potential. Who knows how good he will go onto become.

One thing is for sure, the current coaching team don’t have the  capacity to improve him.

Only to be quickly surpassed by this. ??? I can only hope these people aren't been genuine. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I repeat.......which one is in the Scotland squad?

If you think thats the only factor that needs considered you really are clueless. One of the players is a journeyman and one is going to have very good career at a high level. Transfer fee reflect whats potentially to come, hence why even the very top players move for much smaller fees in their mid 30s. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Super Don said:

Not supprised to be honest no one really of any use wants to come. Scared off by Dave shiny teeth.

Let’s be honest. Imagine you are a football player. You are contacted by Aberdeen and are spoken or seen by Steven Gunn. You are then treated to a video chat with Davie Cormack. Unless you are deaf or just fucking desperate you would definitely think twice about signing on the dotted line. The old saying…”let me have a think about” would certainly spring to mind. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, NEM said:

Tell that to the Bologna manager 

They seem to have signed someone else

There's no doubt that Ramsay is a £5million talent. Equally there's no doubt that O'Donnell is at best worth a tenth of that figure.

But O'Donnell is the finished article. He's now past the point where he's going to improve. He has years of experience that Ramsay lacks. And can defend. And can last 90 minutes.

That's why he'll be in the Scotland squad for the remainder of the WC campaign. It might not last a whole lot longer but if we qualify, barring injury he'll be back up to Patterson. Ramsay's time will come but for now he needs to continue to play games and get experience. And improve his defending. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, ClayholeRed said:

If you think thats the only factor that needs considered you really are clueless. One of the players is a journeyman and one is going to have very good career at a high level. Transfer fee reflect whats potentially to come, hence why even the very top players move for much smaller fees in their mid 30s. 

See my above post.

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They seem to have signed someone else

There's no doubt that Ramsay is a £5million talent. Equally there's no doubt that O'Donnell is at best worth a tenth of that figure.

But O'Donnell is the finished article. He's now past the point where he's going to improve. He has years of experience that Ramsay lacks. And can defend. And can last 90 minutes.

That's why he'll be in the Scotland squad for the remainder of the WC campaign. It might not last a whole lot longer but if we qualify, barring injury he'll be back up to Patterson. Ramsay's time will come but for now he needs to continue to play games and get experience. And improve his defending. 

Your on a loosing argument here saying O’Donnell is better than Ramsay 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Aye he's definitely not better. I think (but could be wrong) what Ten Caat is suggesting is that he's a more reliable pick than Ramsay at the moment. Clarke is generally a pretty cautious manager and a loyal one too - he knows what he's getting from O'Donnell (which isn't much to be fair), but the type of manager he is he'll opt for that over a riskier pick such as Ramsay. 

If Ramsay recaptures his form and plays consistently for the rest of the season he won't be able to leave him out though.

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Show me the quote where I said he's better

Look back and you will see I said he's the more reliable option.......FOR NOW

I also said that I didn't  expect that status to last for a whole lot longer....a year or so I said. 

But hey...you and a few other mongs put your own spin on it if you like

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Show me the quote where I said he's better

Look back and you will see I said he's the more reliable option.......FOR NOW

I also said that I didn't  expect that status to last for a whole lot longer....a year or so I said. 

But hey...you and a few other mongs put your own spin on it if you like

He’s not more reliable he has a couple of awful games then one good one. As don said above Clarke is the type who’s loyal to players and O’Donnell was picked when there was no one else but he should not be in the squad in March. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s not more reliable he has a couple of awful games then one good one. As don said above Clarke is the type who’s loyal to players and O’Donnell was picked when there was no one else but he should not be in the squad in March. 

Well we wont have too long to wait to find out which one of us gets proven correct about that