January 2022 transfer window

It is utterly ridiculous that we are choosing to sign a player who is unproven at Celtic and we have no option to make permanent. While Christie was not in my opinion a great deal at least he was proven at a decent level. This seems utter madness and completely fails to read the room. Aberden do not exist to develop Celtic youngsters.

The DOF has recruitment and the manager reporting to him, so in some ways the buck stops with him. Gunn seems completely unqualified for the role he is in and should be replaced with a proper DOF if we have to have one.  Someone then properly qualified could assess if Mowbray and Glass are up to it. I suspect they are not but I see no way that Gunn could possibly know. I am sure he is a nice guy and works hard but what qualification does he have to be DOF?

Too many are wetting the bed. I get that we are developing a Celtic player, but it sounds like Hayes is out for a while. On short noticed they have brought in a replacement who can play left back or left winger. We all know we needed a new left back in the summer and this gives us time to find the right person rather than make a quick decision right now.

Just now, super_al said:

Too many are wetting the bed. I get that we are developing a Celtic player, but it sounds like Hayes is out for a while. On short noticed they have brought in a replacement who can play left back or left winger. We all know we needed a new left back in the summer and this gives us time to find the right person rather than make a quick decision right now.

Glass said today that Hayes is fit for tomorrow night 

Just now, super_al said:

MacKenzie is a LB. Hayes will be back at some point. Campbell will do a decent job in most games filling in at LB. Ngwenya is a highly rated young LB. Just use them for the next few months, and concentrate on bringing in some players who can create and score goals, which is what everyone can see we need.

2 minutes ago, super_al said:

Lolz

You're one of the biggest bed-wetters on this site

1 minute ago, super_al said:

According to Scott Burns, both Hayes and MacKenzie are fit. 

1 minute ago, winchester83 said:

Glass sounding clueless on North tonight, I kind of feel sorry for him

That’ll be because he is clueless.

It would be interesting to know how much say he really does have in the transfers.

Either way, the club as a whole have been tragic this past few years.

1 minute ago, winchester83 said:

Glass sounding clueless on North tonight, I kind of feel sorry for him

It's hardly a surprise, an inexperienced 'manager' surrounded by inexperienced people. We are being run like an amateur outfit.

But hey, it's alright as Cormack likes the butteries and hates Rangers. That's all that matters these days.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Can you think of any other reason why we have brought him in?

Glass appointed interim manager on 23rd March. MacKenzie signed new deal on 29th March. With the best will in the world, that wasn't Glass' decision. Not all the McInnes backroom staff left remember. 

Wikipedia 

Style of play[edit]

Montgomery came through the Celtic Academy as a forward, only converting to a defender ahead of his breakthrough in to the first team.[3]

My guess is he's been signed as a left winger to replace Hedges. I expect Barry Robson knows all about what this lad can do attacking down the left, having seen him play against our U16s and U18s for the last four years. Barry knows a player when he sees one and is doing a great job developing our youth. He's not getting enough credit for the part he played in Ramsay, McKenzie, Ross, and Barron. Paul Sheerin too, which is why Kilmarnock were after Montgomery as Sheerin is there with DM & TD.  (He's not been signed as a left back - that's all Celtic had for him in their first team)

21 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

If he is to come here, I'd sooner Hayes back in his natural left wing role. Let the Tim loon warm the bench whilst Mackenzie plays LB.

Well i don't think we should be signing him unless we have option to make permanent which seems highly unlikely when they gave him a 5 year contract recently. But that's our clubs fault not the player so if we have got him and he is playing better than Hayes or Mackenzie we should still pick the player who is playing the best. We need to win points so I'm not going to hold this move against the player who is a good player.

But i think Cormack and Glass will have a lot to answer in how they give a pathway to emerging talent at out club as they keep telling us they do, when the reality is it is blocked by a youngster from another SPL club.  

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Wee Alickie said:

Wikipedia 

Style of play[edit]

Montgomery came through the Celtic Academy as a forward, only converting to a defender ahead of his breakthrough in to the first team.[3]

My guess is he's been signed as a left winger to replace Hedges. I expect Barry Robson knows all about what this lad can do attacking down the left, having seen him play against our U16s and U18s for the last four years. Barry knows a player when he sees one and is doing a great job developing our youth. He's not getting enough credit for the part he played in Ramsay, McKenzie, Ross, and Barron. Paul Sheerin too, which is why Kilmarnock were after Montgomery as Sheerin is there with DM & TD.  (He's not been signed as a left back - that's all Celtic had for him in their first team)

The problem is he is being signed from Celtic, its fucking pointless.

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Going to explain why he sounded clueless?

Or is it just another dig because you dinna like him?

Well, Lewis had appeared at a press conference before him and said he thought we were bringing in a couple of players, Glass came in and said Joe knows more than me if that's the case.