January 2022 transfer window

6 minutes ago, Elderadojnr said:

Seriously grim business from the dons this transfer window. Clearly the boy Gunn is way out his depth. Blatantly obvious we are needing another striker why wasn’t this apparent to the club?

Completely and utterly unqualified to do the job. If you want a Barrister you don’t just employ the keen lad who runs about collecting the papers, you employ a Barrister. At Aberdeen we decided we needed a DOF and appointed the nice chap who was good at admin. Absolutely ridiculous. Get someone qualified in to do the job.

• Upvote 8

Ruth aside, are there no other young strikers ready to step up and at least make the bench? I'd rather bring on a promising youth with 20 minutes to go (and at least see what he's made of) rather than JET who has already run out of breath during the warm up. You'd at least get some energy and enthusiasm.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Especially after saying he wouldn’t ?

There’s a shit ton of sympathy being shared for him tonight. Excusing him & blaming all but him. 

Amazing how soft in the head/heart our modern day support is. Fkn millennials ? 

Cormack, Gunn and Glass are all out of their depth here. Only debate is which one is worst?

2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm not that disappointed by the window tbh.

We offloaded Hernandez, Gurr, Samuels, Longstaff and McGinn.

We've signed A 20 year old Dutch lad and an American youngster with supposedly a great deal of potential + we've added Adam Montgomery on loan until the end of the season.

I'd rather we signed no one than sign players for the sake of it. The summer is when we should see the club makes serious changes to the squad. This was the first look at what the recruitment team is striving for.

Weve decided to go with no back up striker. It's not a successful window.

We decided to sell McGinn and Hedges, and let Samuels go when we had only one replacement lined up, and Watkins was out for 2-3 months. 

Hedges in particular could be a very big fuck up now.

We are certainly not stronger than we were and the management will be praying the dutch lad is an instant success

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

Why the fuck did we let Hedges go if we hadnt a replacement sorted? Useless cunts. 

They’ll say that Besuijen is the replacement.

But I get your point.

We needed an additional winger, unless they’re counting Hayes/Montgomery as that?

What baffles me most is no new striker - that’s football mismanagement.  
If Ramirez gets injured we’re fucked & he looks like he needs rested or is running on empty as it is. 

1 minute ago, Jazzer08 said:

Ruth aside, are there no other young strikers ready to step up and at least make the bench? I'd rather bring on a promising youth with 20 minutes to go (and at least see what he's made of) rather than JET who has already run out of breath during the warm up. You'd at least get some energy and enthusiasm.

Harvie is going to be good but he's only 16 or 17.

11 minutes ago, Elderadojnr said:

Seriously grim business from the dons this transfer window. Clearly the boy Gunn is way out his depth. Blatantly obvious we are needing another striker why wasn’t this apparent to the club?

Gunn needs to be replaced. It’s a key role and it needs an experienced person in it

3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm not that disappointed by the window tbh.

We offloaded Hernandez, Gurr, Samuels, Longstaff and McGinn.

We've signed A 20 year old Dutch lad and an American youngster with supposedly a great deal of potential + we've added Adam Montgomery on loan until the end of the season.

I'd rather we signed no one than sign players for the sake of it. The summer is when we should see the club makes serious changes to the squad. This was the first look at what the recruitment team is striving for.

For youth to flourish they need to be playing alongside quality and experience. Given the money available I’d have expected at least one more signing and someone with that quality and experience needed. What we don’t know is why targets are saying no (given there are so many variables).  Concerning. 

Here’s hoping big changes come in the Summer. 

1 minute ago, VandeVen7 said:

Cormack, Gunn and Glass are all out of their depth here. Only debate is which one is worst?

Yeah but none of the shite managers Milne appointed (& there was plenty) got excused from blame & sympathy for being appointed by an incompetent chairman.

It’s fkn sickening to see the shite some are spouting in continued support of Glass.

Glass ain’t in charge of the recruitment, no matter what he says. He’s a “head coach” on a 12 month rolling deal.

Gunn as DOF should be the guy getting the grief. He’ll be doing the negotiations, so if we have failed to get any deals over the line that’s on him.

Cormack has a lot to answer for as well. He’s got no clue about the footballing side of running the club.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Especially after saying he wouldn’t ?

There’s a shit ton of sympathy being shared for him tonight. Excusing him & blaming all but him. 

Amazing how soft in the head/heart our modern day support is. Fkn millennials ? 

Its unbelievable. The new DC and Glass era seems to have developed a hardcore of fans who just trot out excuse after excuse after excuse on their behalf.

6 minutes ago, VandeVen7 said:

Cormack 100% to blame here. 

Other guys have been over promoted and are guilty of being a wee bit too smug for their own good since they've achieved fuck all yet but Cormack is on the hook for it all. 

It's his philosophy, his leadership structure, his appointments. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, VandeVen7 said:

Cormack and Glass would be in significantly better positions if Cormack had got a real DoF in instead of Gunn. Someone who knows what they’re supposed to do as DoF should’ve been the minimum requirement for the job

33 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

What are we going to do if Ramirez gets injured?

JET and McLennan of course.

101980608-mediaitem101980605.jpg

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ok I don’t dislike him as a person.

I dislike him as a manager & he should be 4,000 miles away from Aberdeen, co-incidentally the distance from Atlanta to Aberdeen.

Cormack can poke his prawcess up his hole & take his puppet show with him.

This poor window is just the final straw for the shitshow they’re running.

He's not the manager, he's the Head Coach.

He's also not involved in the transfer negotiation prawcess. That's done by Gunn and others on the board. Glass just says I'd like him, him and him. Up to the board to get that over the line. For which they have failed. 

The only thing Glass deserves flak for is not getting a team capable of consistently winning on the pitch.

Do you all not for one minute think Glass would like a better quality of player to choose from?

For me, he's been let down as much as the fans have been.

The buck stops with Cormack & Gunn.

• Upvote 4
Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

Its unbelievable. The new DC and Glass era seems to have developed a hardcore of fans who just trot out excuse after excuse after excuse on their behalf.

It really is scary. Club is fkd with the increasing number of ‘also ran’ craft beer drinking poofs supporting us 

7 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

For youth to flourish they need to be playing alongside quality and experience. Given the money available I’d have expected at least one more signing and someone with that quality and experience needed. What we don’t know is why targets are saying no (given there are so many variables).  Concerning. 

Here’s hoping big changes come in the Summer. 

Aye in the boardroom and dugout 

11 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Glass ain’t in charge of the recruitment, no matter what he says. He’s a “head coach” on a 12 month rolling deal.

Gunn as DOF should be the guy getting the grief. He’ll be doing the negotiations, so if we have failed to get any deals over the line that’s on him.

Cormack has a lot to answer for as well. He’s got no clue about the footballing side of running the club.

It’s great to see that Gunn is finally getting pinpointed for his part in this structured shitshow. His appointment was up there with Glass’ in terms of it’s idiocy and ineptitude 

• Upvote 1