January 2022 transfer window

11 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Glass ain’t in charge of the recruitment, no matter what he says. He’s a “head coach” on a 12 month rolling deal.

Gunn as DOF should be the guy getting the grief. He’ll be doing the negotiations, so if we have failed to get any deals over the line that’s on him.

Cormack has a lot to answer for as well. He’s got no clue about the footballing side of running the club.

It’s great to see that Gunn is finally getting pinpointed for his part in this structured shitshow. His appointment was up there with Glass’ in terms of it’s idiocy and ineptitude 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm not that disappointed by the window tbh.

We offloaded Hernandez, Gurr, Samuels, Longstaff and McGinn.

We've signed A 20 year old Dutch lad and an American youngster with supposedly a great deal of potential + we've added Adam Montgomery on loan until the end of the season.

I'd rather we signed no one than sign players for the sake of it. The summer is when we should see the club makes serious changes to the squad. This was the first look at what the recruitment team is striving for.

We lost Hedges as well, but you are right the folk that left contributed, apart from Hedges, are no loss whatsoever. Our squad is still too imbalanced for my ( and probably everyone else's) liking, as having one fit forward that can score is a bit of a nightmare waiting to happen. We also have little to change things when we invariably go 1 down and  need to break down 11 behind the ball

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s great to see that Gunn is finally getting pinpointed for his part in this structured shitshow. His appointment was up there with Glass’ in terms it’s idiocy and ineptitude 

Remember the q and a he and Glass did late summer? 

Trotting out the 'do the supporters not realise that we can see where the squad needs to be improved as well?' line. 

10 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Cormack and Glass would be in significantly better positions if Cormack had got a real DoF in instead of Gunn. Someone who knows what they’re supposed to do as DoF should’ve been the minimum requirement for the job

Agree. Cormack is ultimately to blame as his appointments are dreadful. Gunn appointment is probably even worse than Glass.

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Be lucky if its 5,000. Many only renewed because of the pandemic and felt they had to support the club.

I doubt many will make the same mistake this summer

I hadn’t put decent money in for a few years, wanted McHun out. Backed em heavily in summer (in comparison to the last 5 year) but won’t be making that mistake again. A few Angus the bull teddies here and there for little local boys and that’s the lot 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I hadn’t put decent money in for a few years, wanted McHun out. Backed em heavily in summer (in comparison to the last 5 year) but won’t be making that mistake again. A few Angus the bull teddies here and there for little local boys and that’s the lot 

A really hope when you were a nurse you weren’t paediatric 

20 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

JET and McLennan of course.

101980608-mediaitem101980605.jpg

He's not the manager, he's the Head Coach.

He's also not involved in the transfer negotiation prawcess. That's done by Gunn and others on the board. Glass just says I'd like him, him and him. Up to the board to get that over the line. For which they have failed. 

The only thing Glass deserves flak for is not getting a team capable of consistently winning on the pitch.

Do you all not for one minute think Glass would like a better quality of player to choose from?

For me, he's been let down as much as the fans have been.

The buck stops with Cormack & Gunn.

Agree with the comments about Glass being let down by Cormack and his wee lacky Gunn.

Imagine him negotiating FFS?! 

Where Glass carries the can is for the shite results. 10 defeats in 22.

7 away in the last 9. 
That’s on him.

This poor window is Cormack & Gunn. 

How can we  have such an unbalanced squad still FFS? 
Incompetence from folk who are not fit to do the job by the looks of it.

• Upvote 1

Recruitment has been shocking since Glass walked in the door and in turn since Cormack has been here, it has not improved. 

Half his signings left after only six months, Samuels, Longstaff, Gurr, McGinn(technically his signing as he extended his deal). The JET is horrific and was signed off the back of a couple of goals against us, Declan Gallagher does not fit the way he wants to play, so has yet to do anything. Ramirez, Bates, Brown & Watkins(when fit) get pass marks and would probably do better in a better team.

All we can hope is that Vicente is absolutely unbelievable. Polvara is miles away and Montgomery is on a hiding to nothing and isn't actually very good either. 

This was Mowbrays first full window although I feel he definitely had a hand in the Samuels/Longstaff loan deals, Polvara likely an Atlanta recommendation, Montgomery is clearly a panic signing, maybe brown had something to do with, so Vicente is maybe his only proper signing. 

Anyway a few free signings will no doubt be kicking about, Snodgrass just released???

1 minute ago, Zorba said:

Imagine this to be pie in the sky but someone has mentioned Snodgrass. Thought he was long term injured.

He'll be coming off a wage of at least 30k a week. Could easily get another gig at a championship side. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He'll be coming off a wage of at least 30k a week. Could easily get another gig at a championship side. 

He’s 34 now, didn’t realise he was that old. I’m sure he’s been injured for yonks. Maybe wanting to come back to Scotland, wouldn’t need to be registered by midnight as free agent. He’s a similar type of player to Hedges. Apparently hibs got someone inbound so possibly them. 

1 minute ago, Zorba said:

He’s 34 now, didn’t realise he was that old. I’m sure he’s been injured for yonks. Maybe wanting to come back to Scotland, wouldn’t need to be registered by midnight as free agent. He’s a similar type of player to Hedges. Apparently hibs got someone inbound so possibly them. 

Makes more sense as he's from Glasgow so closer to his family that way