January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Glass appointed interim manager on 23rd March. MacKenzie signed new deal on 29th March. With the best will in the world, that wasn't Glass' decision. Not all the McInnes backroom staff left remember. 

McInnes was a dead man walking.

McInnes had loads of chances to play him and wasn't interested. 

Cormack gave him the deal. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk trying to spin this as a good signing to try and defend Cormack and Co are embarrassing themselves. 

Whilst it has still to be officially confirmed by the club, I agree.

The usual suspects, some of whom somehow got tickets for both the Killie game last season and the Dundee game this season seem to disagree.

14 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

So perhaps the private plane had their medical staff on it.  Could be a possibility as the German model appears to be snapping up young talent and developing, e.g. Jayson Sancho, Jude Bellingham …

It was Hitler's personal Messerschmitt, turns out he never topped himself back in '45 after all. 

3 minutes ago, super_al said:

How long have we got until the window shuts? I am starting to eye up the cleanex....

Don't think there'll be anything worth wanking about. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

It fits in with the stradegy and it's all part of the prawcess... develop emerging talent and give them a clear pathway to the first team. Just not our own talent or our own first team. It's an embarrassing signing. The kind of signing St Johnstone or someone make.

100%. Develop our own fucken youth. Dreadful decision. 

7 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

100%. Develop our own fucken youth. Dreadful decision. 

Correct policy long term

But you cannot develop them overnight. I'm no Glass (or his backroom team) fan but I trust them to have enough knowledge to know if and when our youngsters are ready to make the step up and when they are best left developing on loan elsewhere. They got it spot on with Ramsay and MacKenzie after all.

If Montgomery doesn't feature at all, or turns out to be complete dung then that is the time to criticise the signing. But for now, as I said earlier, he's with us no matter what your feelings are about it. So we might as well get full value for our buck

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Is it 1am the window closes in Scotland? 
Record transfer deadline counter says 5 1/2  hrs left

Window closes at midnight but so long as you lodge documents with the SFA proving you are in negotiations with a player they allow you till 1am to conclude the deal. As proven by the Hibs/McGrath fiasco, they are absolutely strict about that 1am cut-off though. So hell mend any team that tries to register a player later than it....the precedent has been set

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Correct policy long term

But you cannot develop them overnight. I'm no Glass (or his backroom team) fan but I trust them to have enough knowledge to know if and when our youngsters are ready to make the step up and when they are best left developing on loan elsewhere. They got it spot on with Ramsay and MacKenzie after all.

If Montgomery doesn't feature at all, or turns out to be complete dung then that is the time to criticise the signing. But for now, as I said earlier, he's with us no matter what your feelings are about it. So we might as well get full value for our buck

Using that logic we should have played Samuels, Jenks and Longstaff every week to get 'bang for our buck' 

I can't believe you're defending this one. 

1 hour ago, winchester83 said:

Glass sounding clueless on North tonight, I kind of feel sorry for him

How did he sound clueless?

He got asked a question about potential signings after Lewis spouted off about thinking 1 or 2 coming in.

What you expect Glass to say? Confirm one or two, then it doesn't happen and folk like you jump on that and lambast him.

I'm not a huge fan of him as a manager, but the cunt can't win with some of you.

• Upvote 2