January 2022 transfer window

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Using that logic we should have played Samuels, Jenks and Longstaff every week to get 'bang for our buck' 

I can't believe you're defending this one. 

I was open minded about all 3 loans in August. I couldn't see the logic in Longstaff but was prepared to see how things panned out. Very quickly I changed my position to realising they were shite.

I'm just being open minded about this Celtic loon. If he turns out to be shite then I'll criticize Mowbray and Glass every bit as much as the rest of you tonight. Clearly they believe he's better than any young left back and/or winger that we have on our books right now so  I want to see him play 3 or 4 games before forming a judgement. 

At the end of the day I just want to see the best 11 we can play take the field each week. I'm not such a purist that I only want to see 100% Aberdeen owned players form that 11. Even the top teams in Europe take in loans so there is absolutely no reason for us not to use that rule to our advantage. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I was open minded about all 3 loans in August. I couldn't see the logic in Longstaff but was prepared to see how things panned out. Very quickly I changed my position to realising they were shite.

I'm just being open minded about this Celtic loon. If he turns out to be shite then I'll criticize Mowbray and Glass every bit as much as the rest of you tonight. Clearly they believe he's better than any young left back and/or winger that we have on our books right now so  I want to see him play 3 or 4 games before forming a judgement. 

At the end of the day I just want to see the best 11 we can play take the field each week. I'm not such a purist that I only want to see 100% Aberdeen owned players form that 11. Even the top teams in Europe take in loans so there is absolutely no reason for us not to use that rule to our advantage. 

If this was a loan from England I could understand it. 

But to loan in a player who won't even be able to play in 3 or perhaps 4 matches (if we draw Celtic in the Cup) against the team who owns him is madness 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

This isn't using the loan system to our advantage though. 

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Reckon he’s been taken in for left wing as Dante probably won’t be match ready for us there until next season. 

Just boils my piss we are even looking at loans from Celtic. Shouldn’t even be a consideration IMO & only highlights our pathetic inferior feelings towards the. 

This signing should be discussed in the transfers for inferior teams thread

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

But to loan in a player who won't even be able to play in 3 or perhaps 4 matches (if we draw Celtic in the Cup) against the team who owns him is madness 

And if the teams that we have players out on loan at  had drawn us in the cups then they couldn't have faced us either. It's just how the cookie crumbles. 

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Available for maybe a dozen games. Hope they are paying 100% of his wages. Only way it is softened/slightly more tolerable 

Always thought Montgomery featured more as a left wing back, so possible competition for Ojo as well on the left side! He was certainly advanced with the u21s with Doig also playing. Mackenzie just signed a contract extension, announced at the AGM in December so I expect he's still in their plans, assuming he's fit.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Latest from Scott Burns…..

Unlikely there will be anything else tonight, although that could change if anything comes up last minute. Some free agent action to follow.
Free agents? Dross, in other words.

Griffiths is a free agent ?

Tbf Scott Burns info has been next to useless tonight so hopefully his latest is just as shite

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Unlikely there will be anything else tonight, although that could change if anything comes up last minute. Some free agent action to follow.

He was replying to a Dundee Utd fan with that.  We are still working on a few things.  

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

That was in reply to Dundee United fan. He said we are working on more targets!