January 2022 transfer window

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What about him?

Wasn’t there supposed interest in him from down south last summer? Sunderland or somewhere?

I was just speculating on John's wee fishing trip as to which player he was referring to as wanting away.

He seemed the obvious choice as Sunderland are still interested and might actually get promoted to the Championship this year. 

Edit, can see the confusion now as the time stamp thingy has put my response above his post for some reason! 

Am no having this slating off JET. Aye his styles not for every game but an absolute pleasure to watch v St Mirren and St Johnstone. His touch, strength and hold up is very good, just a bit slow and unfit when a lot of work is required. His insta/Snapchat is a treat too at times.

Thought game was crying out for him yesterday to create some space and slide a clever ball.

We will struggle to attract as loans in Jan and none of Jenks, Samuels or Longstaff have had a real go at it. Still can’t fathom why Longstaff worked out so badly, he’ll probably go back south n feature for Newcastle at times, on paper it was great business. The other two, Jenks in particular have always looked handy.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Still can’t fathom why Longstaff worked out so badly, he’ll probably go back south n feature for Newcastle at times, on paper it was great business.

Get the impression that he had an ego that his skills and ability never matched up to. The times he was on the park, in my uneducated footballing opinion, he never looked a class above everyone else nor put in a display that made me think that boy has all the skills to make it. Look when an unknown Hector came up here, strolled it and looked the business (despite that being more seasons ago than I care to recall!).

Could also be that the fucking hated being up here ?

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Am no having this slating off JET. Aye his styles not for every game but an absolute pleasure to watch v St Mirren and St Johnstone. His touch, strength and hold up is very good, just a bit slow and unfit when a lot of work is required. His insta/Snapchat is a treat too at times.

Thought game was crying out for him yesterday to create some space and slide a clever ball.

We will struggle to attract as loans in Jan and none of Jenks, Samuels or Longstaff have had a real go at it. Still can’t fathom why Longstaff worked out so badly, he’ll probably go back south n feature for Newcastle at times, on paper it was great business. The other two, Jenks in particular have always looked handy.

You’ve got the rod out a lot today…

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Christie first came in on loan in January did he not? 

Max Lowe? Was he January? 

Simon Church did a job. 

Aye they all did well without signing permanently, think Lowe was an August season long loan signing, Christie and Church were definitely January loans who did well, think Christie had his loan extended as part of the Hayes to Celtic transfer.

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He couldn't even attract Clark fucking Robertson who's spent a fair amount of time this season picking splinters out of his arse.

FFS, I forgot we lifted our skirt towards Robertson and he chose Portsmouth reserves instead.

Another example of him having no eye for a player.

Doesn’t make you overly optimistic that the January window will make us stronger unless Darren Mowbray has a couple of good ideas.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

January is usually seen as a window where good teams tweak here & there.

Because he made an arse of the summer window, we really need an overhaul as opposed to a tweak. 

Cormack said during the last Q&A that we are after 3 players. He hinted we may need to wait until the summer to get them. 

I would not hold your breath.