January 2022 transfer window

Apparently we tried to get Fulham under 23 striker on loan..Jay Stansfield..Deal fell through as Fulham were putting all their energy into stopping their top kid Carvalho going to Liverpool,which they did...Shame, Stansfield just signed contract with them,scores goals and has been on their bench a few times this season,looks top prospect.

Yet Hibs managed to get Fulham under23 winger Jasper in on loan...

Think our lot are half asleep when it comes to dealing.

16 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The club has plenty ambition. 

They just lack the necessary people behind the scenes to realise that ambition. 

The club doesn’t conduct itself to show it has any real ambition.

They are certainly lacking certain types of people…the only problem is the guy at the very top of the tree has given up and everyone else involved with the club will see that. 
It’s certainly going to be interesting to see how the fans take to him now….he has lost a hell of a lot of trust. We are looking very weak throughout the club.

22 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The fans poo pooing everything they try as well doesn't help though I suppose. There's always an air of negativity and suspicion in everything the club does or tries to do.

One of the first things DC said he would do is change the match day experience and make it better. He said there'd be better food, beer tents,    and Atlanta pricing. 

Aside from the red shed (which he deserves credit for) it's still the same old overpriced hotdogs and cokes, people shuffling in and out the ground just before and just after KO to get as much time in the pub as possible. 

That's just one thing I can think of, I'm sure there's more he's promised and failed to deliver on.

Also, his insistence that Glass was the best candidate that applied for the job last March, is just a total and utter nonsense fabrication. Fair enough he's got his man, but he's now appeared to throw him under the bus this window. 

The squad underperformed the first half of the season, partly due to poor recruitment in the summer. Glass needed serious help/the ability to do surgery this window in order to somewhat salvage this season. 

As NEM said, the squad isn't stronger than it was at the start of the window. Why are we sanctioning sales for Hedges, McGinn etc? These are positions we are lacking depth. Playing Funso Ojo there ffs. 

Why didn't we sign a right back for cover? Knowing that Gurr was shit and Ojo really can't do a job there. 

Why didn't we sign a loan cover for Watkins, who's out til March? Assuming there's no setback.

Why do they think it's all good to go into the rest of the season praying our no.9 doesn't get injured, as we'll have no natural striker to replace him with? 

Not your fault KSL ken, but I think folk at this point, are right to be sceptical of David. 

9 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Apparently we tried to get Fulham under 23 striker on loan..Jay Stansfield..Deal fell through as Fulham were putting all their energy into stopping their top kid Carvalho going to Liverpool,which they did...Shame, Stansfield just signed contract with them,scores goals and has been on their bench a few times this season,looks top prospect.

Again though if he was a target it should've been sorted days ago. 

Scrambling last minute and it falling through as other clubs are dealing with their own business isn't a good enough excuse for us, I don't think. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

One of the first things DC said he would do is change the match day experience and make it better. He said there'd be better food, beer tents,    and Atlanta pricing. 

Aside from the red shed (which he deserves credit for) it's still the same old overpriced hotdogs and cokes, people shuffling in and out the ground just before and just after KO to get as much time in the pub as possible. 

That's just one thing I can think of, I'm sure there's more he's promised and failed to deliver on.

I'd cut him a bit of slack on that one . I think covid got in the way of a lot of plans the club had on that front 

2 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

I'd cut him a bit of slack on that one . I think covid got in the way of a lot of plans the club had on that front 

Maybe so, let's wait and see what happens, though. 

17 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Yet Hibs managed to get Fulham under23 winger Jasper in on loan...

Think our lot are half asleep when it comes to dealing.

I expect geography has a lot to do with it when we’re in a battle with hibs (which we seem to be often, although always a step behind)

1 minute ago, redstrummer said:

I'd say Aberdeen's Autumn / Winters will get in the way of that one

Who the fuck will want to spend any amount of time in a football stadium that they don't have to during that months freezing their bollocks off. Until we go towards Summer football then the "matchday experience" will be the same

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The squad underperformed the first half of the season, partly due to poor recruitment in the summer. Glass needed serious help/the ability to do surgery this window in order to somewhat salvage this season. 

As NEM said, the squad isn't stronger than it was at the start of the window. Why are we sanctioning sales for Hedges, McGinn etc? These are positions we are lacking depth.

I don't think our squad is bad at all. We're definitely not getting the best out of our players though, that's the major problem imo, not the personnel. 

We lacked cover at CB but if Consi and Devlin are back, we're fine there. I would've liked a right-back brought in to cover for & replace Ramsay when he goes. 

In attacking areas we lost hedges and added Beswijin and Montgomery. Kennedy can fill the McGinn bench role. 

Only time will tell if Polvara will be good enough and can contribute right away. If he can't, then we should've been looking to bring in another attacking midfielder. 

Beyond failing to add a much needed striker, I really don't think there's much to complain about. We maybe could've added another creative player but clearly the club see Beswijin and Montgomery as giving us that creativity. 

4 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

That statement about Kennedy yesterday should have been a sackable offence

You're a complete bedwetter  

You don't want a manager to praise or players and try and motivate them? Kennedy is here and commands a first team wage, it's the managers responsibility to try and get the best out of him. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't think our squad is bad at all. We're definitely not getting the best out of our players though, that's the major problem imo, not the personnel. 

We lacked cover at CB but if Consi and Devlin are back, we're fine there. I would've liked a right-back brought in to cover for & replace Ramsay when he goes. 

In attacking areas we lost hedges and added Beswijin and Montgomery. Kennedy can fill the McGinn bench role. 

Only time will tell if Polvara will be good enough and can contribute right away. If he can't, then we should've been looking to bring in another attacking midfielder. 

Beyond failing to add a much needed striker, I really don't think there's much to complain about. We maybe could've added another creative player but clearly the club see Beswijin and Montgomery as giving us that creativity. 

Gonna have to disagree there. 

Lost Hedges- experienced pro who made us tick, replaced with Dutch prospect who'll need time to settle, and a Celtic kid who we're developing for them. 

Polvara has a double hernia, moved to a new country, and has never played a pro game. He's a signing for next season. 

We've got about 50 midfielders, 3/4 players capable of playing left back, but only one capable of playing right back. 

We've got one striker we're hoping doesn't get injured. 

We're placing a lot of faith on a Dutch 20 year old fresh out of second division football. In a new country. A new league. A new team. 

Matty Kennedy coming back is not a good thing, if his previous 2 years at us is anything to go by. 

Michael Devlin being given a contract because he's in the building and a nice guy is a decent summary of one of the many problems at AFC. He's not played for about 2 years now. 

So, I appreciate the positive spin, I've tried to think of one myself, but IMO the reality is, we've been sold a shit sandwich. 

Like I said in another post; 

Knocked out of the cup by Raith 

Shagged out of Europe

Miles off 3rd 

9/11 away defeats

You can have your own opinion on the quality of the squad, but all of the above suggests to me it isn't that great. Made considerably weaker this window, as well.  

Edit; 

Big Consi coming back is great, fine. Who's to say how he'll be at 35/36 whatever he is, after such a devastating injury? 

He normally proves everyone wrong, but the body doesn't tell lies. 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The squad is big.

It’s clearly not good enough.

Neither are the personnel off the pitch.

All of that is patently obvious from tangible evidence. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Gonna have to disagree there. 

Lost Hedges- experienced pro who made us tick, replaced with Dutch prospect who'll need time to settle, and a Celtic kid who we're developing for them. 

A "Dutch kid" who played every week in the Eredivise last season. 

Polvara has a double hernia, moved to a new country, and has never played a pro game. He's a signing for next season. 

We've got about 50 midfielders, 3/4 players capable of playing left back, but only one capable of playing right back. 

We've got one striker we're hoping doesn't get injured. 

Yup. We're very light up front. Not adding there is the one major failing. 

We're placing a lot of faith on a Dutch 20 year old fresh out of second division football. In a new country. A new league. A new team. 

As I said, he played every week in the top tier last season and has a good pedigree. Not sure why you're trying to demean him. 

Matty Kennedy coming back is not a good thing, if his previous 2 years at us is anything to go by. 

He'll contribute as much as McGinn has this season. 

Michael Devlin being given a contract because he's in the building and a nice guy is a decent summary of one of the many problems at AFC. He's not played for about 2 years now.

Yeah. Obviously him actually being fit is the key. If he is, he's a competent back up. If he's not, then our recruitment should've been getting another CB in. 

So, I appreciate the positive spin, I've tried to think of one myself, but IMO the reality is, we've been sold a shit sandwich. 

No "spin" here. Just trying to look at things in a balanced way. We cleared out a lot of deadwood. Added one player I'm very excited about. Losing Hedges will immediately impact our first team. Keeping him and adding Beswijin and Montgomery would've gave us plenty options. 

Like I said in another post; 

Knocked out of the cup by Raith 

Shagged out of Europe

Miles off 3rd 

9/11 away defeats

You can have your own opinion on the quality of the squad, but all of the above suggests to me it isn't that great.

We're not getting the best out of our players. I don't think most of them are bad players though. 

Made considerably weaker this window, as well.  

How have we become "considerably weaker"? I don't think we've necessarily got stronger but the only first team player we've lost is Hedges and we've signed two players who can play where he does. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're a complete bedwetter  

You don't want a manager to praise or players and try and motivate them? Kennedy is here and commands a first team wage, it's the managers responsibility to try and get the best out of him. 

It's tounge in cheek you fucking troglodyte

Go sniff yer old dears skants yi fucking creep

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

The fans poo pooing everything they try as well doesn't help though I suppose. There's always an air of negativity and suspicion in everything the club does or tries to do.

They may have ambition.

Ambition they don’t back up though, & yes, that’s a lot to do with the personnel Cormack has installed. 

If you mad enough to employ a head coach with the CV of Glass, and above him, a hard working, but from the outside looking in, seemingly limited DoF, then that’s what happens.

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

In that case Glass will have no problem finishing 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

A "Dutch kid" who played every week in the Eredivise last season. 

Yup. We're very light up front. Not adding there is the one major failing. 

As I said, he played every week in the top tier last season and has a good pedigree. Not sure why you're trying to demean him. 

He'll contribute as much as McGinn has this season. 

Yeah. Obviously him actually being fit is the key. If he is, he's a competent back up. If he's not, then our recruitment should've been getting another CB in. 

No "spin" here. Just trying to look at things in a balanced way. We cleared out a lot of deadwood. Added one player I'm very excited about. Losing Hedges will immediately impact our first team. Keeping him and adding Beswijin and Montgomery would've gave us plenty options. 

We're not getting the best out of our players. I don't think most of them are bad players though. 

How have we become "considerably weaker"? I don't think we've necessarily got stronger but the only first team player we've lost is Hedges and we've signed two players who can play where he does. 

I'm not demeaning Besuijin. He could well be class, I'm saying to put all our eggs in his basket isn't good for anyone. Especially when he's coming in to a struggling side. 

Montgomery is a joke signing. Truly. A cheap, panicked scramble. 

Only time will tell how bad the window really was. 

Starting with tonight. 

I’m frustrated about the lack of signings as much as anyone else, but in balance this is probably the first window where we have not had to take ludicrously low offers for the likes of Calvin and Lewis.  This in itself suggests that DC et al are backing us in a way that is not obvious or intentionally transparent to all.  Sowe are where we are, right now my preference would be we release from contract some of the deadwood at our club, allowing a free reign for the summer and a proper rebuild.  If that takes time or money then so be it, but we can’t accept the lowest common denominator in our squad as low as it is now.   I hope a few do get released, particularly professional footballers who cannot attend work in a fit state, that to me is the biggest crime right now, talented or not. 

Feel sorry for the loon Montgomery, hope hes not been trawling the net for a reaction to him signing.

It is what it is boys and girls.  No doubt we will get some sort of statement from DC in the coming days.

Can see the young lad Barron coming in for Hedges tonight.  Come on son, put these Hedges pant pissers in place.

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Real customer service and inclusive to all their supporters needs.

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Is that a violin I hear..

2 minutes ago, caledonia said:

We as a club aren’t in any proper state to turn customers away or to put them off from going to Pittodrie. Turning our nose up at cash paying customers if absolutely ridiculous. What a sad state of affairs.

7 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Hun

• Upvote 1

It’s hard to see performances improving any time soon given the lack of investment in attacking options. I’m assuming he sees McLennan & Watkins as his options up top if Ramirez gets injured..not going to work out well.

The young lads coming in will need to be nurtured which is going to take time and I’m yet to be convinced that Russell is the man to do that. We have had the odd set piece success but he doesn’t appear to be fulfilling his brief. With Ramirez, Hedges, Watkins, Hayes and Ramsay we should be a much more effective attacking force than we are. What’s he doing with them?