January 2022 transfer window

9 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Real customer service and inclusive to all their supporters needs.

Hun

8 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Very exciting news to end deadline day folks............................

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/mikey-devlin-new-aberdeen-deal-26101712

The Dons boss claimed that Matty Kennedy will also be like a new signing in the second half of the season.

The winger struggled with a back issue in the first half of the season but now he looks to be over that particular issue.

Glass explained: “It’s pretty much the same as Mikey, but on a lesser scale.

“He’s had a tough time.

“At first we didn’t know what was going on but we got to the bottom of it.

“It’s good that we found the problem because we were judging him wondering why he wasn’t the player we thought he was.

“It’s good that he’s back and he looks good in training as well.

“He can play multiple positions which is always a help.”

I guessed Glass would come out with some nonsense to cover the lack of signings but who is he trying to fool with this.

45 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

I'd say Aberdeen's Autumn / Winters will get in the way of that one

Who the fuck will want to spend any amount of time in a football stadium that they don't have to during that months freezing their bollocks off. Until we go towards Summer football then the "matchday experience" will be the same

The European games will be the perfect time to try it...... ?

1 minute ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I guessed Glass would come out with some nonsense to cover the lack of signings but who is he trying to fool with this.

The nonsense he'll come out with is that we've come out of the window stronger than we've came in, it's important to remember we've held on to Ramsay and Ferguson, and we've got Considine, Devlin and Kennedy back.

Bla bla bla. It means nothing when Charles-Cook opens the scoring.

46 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We've got about 50 midfielders, 3/4 players capable of playing left back, but only one capable of playing right back. 

There is 4 or 5 players in the squad who can play right back tho. That was definitely not a position that needed addressed. 

22 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hun

Instead of trying to be smart maybe you should be thinking thats about a grand lost to Aberdeen and going to their city rivals.

And also thinking why the club never offered a compromise of say one kiosk taking cash and catering for all.

But someone like you happy to be run by another country would never question being dictated to re how you spend your cash anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, caledonia said:

Instead of trying to be smart maybe you should be thinking thats about a grand lost to Aberdeen and going to their city rivals.

And also thinking why the club never offered a compromise of say one kiosk taking cash and catering for all.

I thought the club said their preferred method of payment was card but would accept cash.

That aside, WTF would any fan give up because they could only pay by card?

Childish nonsense.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

He literally went on national radio when it was going bad. Think rationally 

Aye and made a complete cunt of himself. Saying everyone in the media said Glass was an amazing appointment on the back of the Hacken win? The cunts an absolute roaster. Sooner he fucks off the better. Hopefully there's a mega rich Russian psychopath wanting to invest some money in Scotland and chases Cormack back to his wee Atlanta hideaway. 

4 minutes ago, caledonia said:

"Rivals" ?

They do.  Appears you've gotten your knickers in a twist and started supporting those rancid huns for fuck all.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Gonna have to disagree there. 

Lost Hedges- experienced pro who made us tick, replaced with Dutch prospect who'll need time to settle, and a Celtic kid who we're developing for them. 

Polvara has a double hernia, moved to a new country, and has never played a pro game. He's a signing for next season. 

We've got about 50 midfielders, 3/4 players capable of playing left back, but only one capable of playing right back. 

We've got one striker we're hoping doesn't get injured. 

We're placing a lot of faith on a Dutch 20 year old fresh out of second division football. In a new country. A new league. A new team. 

Matty Kennedy coming back is not a good thing, if his previous 2 years at us is anything to go by. 

Michael Devlin being given a contract because he's in the building and a nice guy is a decent summary of one of the many problems at AFC. He's not played for about 2 years now. 

So, I appreciate the positive spin, I've tried to think of one myself, but IMO the reality is, we've been sold a shit sandwich. 

Like I said in another post; 

Knocked out of the cup by Raith 

Shagged out of Europe

Miles off 3rd 

9/11 away defeats

You can have your own opinion on the quality of the squad, but all of the above suggests to me it isn't that great. Made considerably weaker this window, as well.  

Edit; 

Big Consi coming back is great, fine. Who's to say how he'll be at 35/36 whatever he is, after such a devastating injury? 

He normally proves everyone wrong, but the body doesn't tell lies. 

Devastating injury. C’mon ?

42 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

But they are called Rangers and they play in blue. Fcuk em.

16 minutes ago, caledonia said:

But someone like you happy to be run by another country would never question being dictated to re how you spend your cash anyway.

Not a true fan of you could even think about going to support another team doesn’t matter how bad we are 

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Apparently we tried to get Fulham under 23 striker on loan..Jay Stansfield..Deal fell through as Fulham were putting all their energy into stopping their top kid Carvalho going to Liverpool,which they did...Shame, Stansfield just signed contract with them,scores goals and has been on their bench a few times this season,looks top prospect.

Yet Hibs managed to get Fulham under23 winger Jasper in on loan...

Think our lot are half asleep when it comes to dealing.

Maybe try and get him a fortnight before the transfer window closes than waiting until five hours before it closes would be a good policy

Celtic got the majority of their business done in the first week of it. It's not exactly a secret we needed a striker in. If a team says "we want to wait to see what happens later in the window" then just move on quickly. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ramsay

McCrorie

Ojo at a push maybe.

Who are the other two?

Kennedy played there start of last season and did alright when we were playing well before Christmas. 

Hayes did well there when he filled in against the rangers. 

At a real push Ferguson has played there a couple of times in the past 

Just now, thurso said:

Kennedy played there start of last season and did alright when we were playing well before Christmas. 

McLennan also been used as a wing back previously.

No laughing at the back!

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

Get off this site then, you give up because of cash and a pie 

I can imagine your meltdown when tescos and the like go “ cashless” which will be soon 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

That's a stretch imo

Kennedy was terrible at right wing back, in fact we hung the loon out to dry playing there as he just wasnt suited to it

And Hayes was put over there for 15 minutes to cover an injury, doesn't mean he would be an option to start a game there.

Just because someone appears at right back doesnt mean they can actually play there

18 minutes ago, thurso said:

He really didn’t. He was dire.

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's a stretch imo

Kennedy was terrible at right wing back, in fact we hung the loon out to dry playing there as he just wasnt suited to it

And Hayes was put over there for 15 minutes to cover an injury, doesn't mean he would be an option to start a game there.

Just because someone appears at right back doesnt mean they can actually play there

Kennedy wasn’t terrible there that’s just the narrative that is likes to be said on here. 

And hayes has played a lot more down the right hand side than 15 mins in his career so could play there to.

Consi made the point we had no one else that can play right back when in fact we do