January 2022 transfer window

18 minutes ago, thurso said:

Kennedy played there start of last season and did alright when we were playing well before Christmas. 

Hayes did well there when he filled in against the rangers. 

At a real push Ferguson has played there a couple of times in the past 

He really didn’t. He was dire.

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's a stretch imo

Kennedy was terrible at right wing back, in fact we hung the loon out to dry playing there as he just wasnt suited to it

And Hayes was put over there for 15 minutes to cover an injury, doesn't mean he would be an option to start a game there.

Just because someone appears at right back doesnt mean they can actually play there

Kennedy wasn’t terrible there that’s just the narrative that is likes to be said on here. 

And hayes has played a lot more down the right hand side than 15 mins in his career so could play there to.

Consi made the point we had no one else that can play right back when in fact we do 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Kennedy wasn’t terrible there that’s just the narrative that is likes to be said on here. 

And hayes has played a lot more down the right hand side than 15 mins in his career so could play there to.

Consi made the point we had no one else that can play right back when in fact we do 

Kennedy was dire. The boy couldn’t find a player in a red shirt, and his crosses didn’t get by the first defender. Apart from that, aye great.

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

We could play loads of people at right back.  Anyone can be picked to play anywhere if the manager wants to.

Doesn't mean they are a right back or will actually be any good there.

Citing Jonny Hayes as a right back is stretching things to unbelievable proportions. 

12 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Kennedy was dire. The boy couldn’t find a player in a red shirt, and his crosses didn’t get by the first defender. Apart from that, aye great.

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We could play loads of people at right back.  Anyone can be picked to play anywhere if the manager wants to.

Doesn't mean they are a right back or will actually be any good there.

Citing Jonny Hayes as a right back is stretching things to unbelievable proportions. 

He wasn’t as dire as your making out. Last season when they played 3-4-3 when he was wide right hayes on the left and we went on an unbeaten run the whole team were pretty good it wasnt 10 good players and him totally rubbish. 

It’s not stretching it. If we had to Johnny hayes could play right back and do a good job like he has before. 

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Re-writing history there.

Can you go back to 11th May 1991 please? 

I wish I could. Worst game Iv ever been to 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

He wasn’t as dire as your making out. Last season when they played 3-4-3 when he was wide right hayes on the left and we went on an unbeaten run the whole team were pretty good it wasnt 10 good players and him totally rubbish. 

It’s not stretching it. If we had to Johnny hayes could play right back and do a good job like he has before. 

Stop it. Jonny Hayes isnt a right back.

We have one right back at the club.  Others have to play out of position there sometimes because we dont have any other right backs. Not because they are actually right backs.

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

Not being able to find a team mate, or be able to get a cross by the first opposition player for the vast majority of his time with us, makes him dire as far as I’m concerned. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We have one right back at the club.  Others have to play out of position there sometimes because we dont have any other right backs. Not because they are actually right backs.

1 right back. 
1 available centre forward. Please, anyone mentions JET, just get out. 

However, we do have a plethora of centre midfielders & 3 options for left back 

How many windows do we give this clown?

We’re not better balanced than we were before the summer window he made a cunt of. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ok well with that we only have one left back to not the 3 or 4 consi said so we should of got one of them in to 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

1 right back. 
1 available centre forward. Please, anyone mentions JET, just get out. 

However, we do have a plethora of centre midfielders & 3 options for left back 

How many windows do we give this clown?

We’re not better balanced than we were before the summer window he made a cunt of. 

I've calmed down.

We've got no excuse now not to give our young players an opportunity now we've created a pathway by punting 7 this window.  Should theoretically get chances now instead of the perennial failures who have proved many times that they arent good enough.  It's also the best PR the club can hope for after a truly hilarious window on the recruitment side.

I'll believe it when i see it though....Montgomery and Kennedy will get plenty of appearances instead I fear.

2 hours ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Real customer service and inclusive to all their supporters needs.

Hey fuckwit, you raised this issue last summer and it was explained to you then that they would accept cash at kiosks.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

He’s almost back in training seemingly. 

DEVASTATING!!!!!! 

If you're a footballer and you do your ACL it is a devastating injury, relative to your profession. 

If you're at work and a punter and it happens, chances are you'll be ok. 

2 hours ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Real customer service and inclusive to all their supporters needs.

Start supporting another team because you can’t buy a pie with cash…..

Willing to throw away however many years of following a team because of that… the pettiest thing I’ve heard in my life ?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Will we be using Ruth as a backup striker? or is he going back out on loan?

I don't think we've anyone coming through the ranks that can play up top?

Well unless we sign a free agent he'd be the most obvious candidate. 

Unless you are Glass who probably views JET as the most obvious one.

Neither option is particularly appealing