January 2022 transfer window

25 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Start supporting another team because you wrongly think you can’t buy a pie with cash…..

Willing to throw away however many years of following a team because of that… the pettiest thing I’ve heard in my life ?

Fixed that for you.  What an affront ?

3 hours ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Real customer service and inclusive to all their supporters needs.

I've read a lot of pathetic things in my time on here, but this goes straight to the very top of that list.  

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, caledonia said:

Glad me and my two sons decided to go to Cove games because of the club dictating to us that we cant use cash to buy a fucking pie.

And yes i could use card but as the paying customer it should have been my choice.

Cove on the other hand are the opposite of Aberdeen ambitious and accept what we give them.

Real customer service and inclusive to all their supporters needs.

This has cheered me up. 

The Hat is fucking ace!

:)

3 hours ago, NEM said:

"Rivals" ?

They do.  Appears you've gotten your knickers in a twist and started supporting those rancid huns for fuck all.

Any proof of that as i have seen emails from the club saying they are phasing out cash and will soon only accept card this was months back and nothing to do with covid.

will still watch the games but for free and save between us nearly a grand in season tickets.

win win for us but if your willing to be dictated to all your life fine.

I also know of people still going to games but not now buying food.

At the end of the day we have saved a grand and the club has lost a grand.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Any proof of that as i have seen emails from the club saying they are phasing out cash and will soon only accept card this was months back and nothing to do with covid.

will still watch the games but for free and save between us nearly a grand in season tickets.

Your not really saving a grand tho as your just giving cove the money instead of Aberdeen 

7 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Whatever the fuck is wrong with you, I hope it’s not contagious. Switching to Cove coz you’re a greetin faced cunt.?

AFC is well shot of you.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Richard Gordon said on Saturday that there were changes inbound this summer...........could it be DC has kept his money back for a real manager this summer? 

What would be the point in waiting to bring him in if that were the case?

We'd still be due Glass his full one year salary

And by making the change now we'd at least give the new man a few months to look at the squad with a fresh set of eyes. And before Glass gets the chance to award any more of the soon to be out of contract players extensions

52 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I've read a lot of pathetic things in my time on here, but this goes straight to the very top of that list.  

So Caledonia if someone was to ask you why you had stoped going to Pittodrie you would actually say 

“it’s because I can’t buy a pie with cash” 

if so that must be one of the stupidest reason I have ever heard not to support any club. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, caledonia said:

I honestly hope you get scammed by some Nigerian for that grand you’ve saved. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Richard Gordon said on Saturday that there were changes inbound this summer...........could it be DC has kept his money back for a real manager this summer? 

Maybe he said something additional on the radio later but this is what Richard said in his P&J column on Saturday morning:-

The recruitment team will be hoping for better success ahead of the 2022-23 season.

Scott Brown, Christian Ramirez, David Bates and, when fit, Marley Watkins have proved excellent signings. Teddy Jenks has also impressed of late and Gary Woods did fine during his brief outings, but a hit rate of around 50% is neither acceptable nor sustainable. Gurr, Samuels and Longstaff have gone, Declan Gallagher has never got going and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas – who looked unfit on Tuesday night – has produced pretty much what I expected.

It would be no surprise to see the Dons careers of the latter two cut short and there are others, fringe players if you like, who may well also be away by the summer.

After the signings of Besuijen and Dante Polvara, I would expect a few pre-contract announcements to follow and a very different Aberdeen first-team squad for the next campaign.

Going by the midweek showing against St Mirren, that shake-up is much needed. I wasn’t working, so took the opportunity to go along as a fan, hoping to see the side pick up where they had left off in the excellent performance against Rangers the previous midweek.

What we got instead was a return to the hugely disappointing days of last autumn, where the team limped through a succession of impotent displays.

Not a single player reached the levels they are capable of, and any hopes of targeting third place evaporated in the Paisley drizzle. 

The real challenge will be securing a top-six finish if the players continue in that vein. The next month is going to be pivotal.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Maybe he said something additional on the radio later but this is what Richard said in his P&J column on Saturday morning:-

The recruitment team will be hoping for better success ahead of the 2022-23 season.

Scott Brown, Christian Ramirez, David Bates and, when fit, Marley Watkins have proved excellent signings. Teddy Jenks has also impressed of late and Gary Woods did fine during his brief outings, but a hit rate of around 50% is neither acceptable nor sustainable. Gurr, Samuels and Longstaff have gone, Declan Gallagher has never got going and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas – who looked unfit on Tuesday night – has produced pretty much what I expected.

It would be no surprise to see the Dons careers of the latter two cut short and there are others, fringe players if you like, who may well also be away by the summer.

After the signings of Besuijen and Dante Polvara, I would expect a few pre-contract announcements to follow and a very different Aberdeen first-team squad for the next campaign.

Going by the midweek showing against St Mirren, that shake-up is much needed. I wasn’t working, so took the opportunity to go along as a fan, hoping to see the side pick up where they had left off in the excellent performance against Rangers the previous midweek.

What we got instead was a return to the hugely disappointing days of last autumn, where the team limped through a succession of impotent displays.

Not a single player reached the levels they are capable of, and any hopes of targeting third place evaporated in the Paisley drizzle. 

The real challenge will be securing a top-six finish if the players continue in that vein. The next month is going to be pivotal.

A fair assessment of the season and signings so far 

34 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

You wonder if pre contract deals will indeed now follow swiftly on.

My immediate reaction would be to say no, as surely we’d have tied them up in January and then attempted to get them in the door then too.

And anybody suggesting DC might be hedging his bets on Glass ( hence the lack of activity in Jan) are wide of the mark as with the new structure, it doesn’t really matter who the manager is, he works with what he is given.

We’re just farting into the wind just now, no real purpose or stradagee.

12 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

What a completely uninspiring January transfer window that was. Fucking meh…

The fact there’s no credible contingency for Ramirez, if he gets injured is rank incompetence from SG and if that was to happen he will rightly get slaughtered..albeit, not slaughtered to the point of being sacked, sadly.

Mind that happened when Rooney got injured, but they managed to get Church in the door as a replacement

40 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

I don’t agree. To say the Glass team has a 50% success rate of signings is massively overly generous. 
Brown (pretty much sure thing/safe bet) & similarly with Ramirez so deserving of the credit there but not exactly insightful or clever finds. 
Bates is ok but nothing more. He was shite at first but has come onto an acceptable level but nothing much more.

Every other signing has been from varying levels of sometimes adequate to absolute shite. Excluding (what should have been a safe bet) Watkins & we have yet to see if any of the 3 signings this window are hit or miss so they cannot yet be added to the list for assessment. 

Woods is nothing better than an adequate back up & never a No.1 pick (hopefully)

so from ten signings we know of we can say 2 get full marks & 2 get ‘adequate/acceptable’ for what they are so give each 1/2 marks rather than full credit as success.

I make that a rating of 3 out of 10 for signings we have seen since summer to assess fairly so 30% success rate & certainly not 50%

add in a few stupid new/extended contracts & it makes it worse really. 

Maybe the 3 newest signings can bring the success rate up closer to 50% but up to now it really has been nothing better than pathetic 

I don't see any pre-contracts happening any time soon. I don't see why a player would want to commit to us any time soon when you look at the current state of affairs. We're floating in mid-table (and with our away record and upcoming games could easily be dragged towards the bottom) so unlikely to qualify for Europe imo. Can't see us winning the Cup. So what do we have to offer players? 

45 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You wonder if pre contract deals will indeed now follow swiftly on.

My immediate reaction would be to say no, as surely we’d have tied them up in January and then attempted to get them in the door then too.

And anybody suggesting DC might be hedging his bets on Glass ( hence the lack of activity in Jan) are wide of the mark as with the new structure, it doesn’t really matter who the manager is, he works with what he is given.

We’re just farting into the wind just now, no real purpose or stradagee.

Not quite...a new manager isn't necessarily going to play the same ineffective tactics as glass does