sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

16 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

Heard we got 3 mongolians coming in or something. 

Canadians?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Heard we got 3 mongolians coming in or something. 

That would be outer this world 

Given that Marley Watkins was spotted with his foot encased in a protective boot and he’s on crutches, safe to say he won’t be back anytime soon. Might just be purely precautionary and with the shutdown upon us, he won’t miss too many games but the potential loss of both him and Hedges would he huge. In fact, it might ensure the latter stays till the end of season.

Notwithstanding the above, pace up front was a commodity we required anyway so might just hasten the prawcess.

Edited by sooth_stander

Be interesting to see this window if glass will have a better hit rate for getting rid of duds than he did for signing decent players last window. 

16 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Is there any decent Canadian players?

Well the standard of Canadian football is increasing at a steady rate. Just look at how well the national team is doing in the World Cup qualifying. Your not going to believe me but the style of football the national team is playing is similar what Glass is striving for i.e building up from the back, possession based and attacking. 

1 minute ago, super_al said:

Well the standard of Canadian football is increasing at a steady rate. Just look at how well the national team is doing in the World Cup qualifying. Your not going to believe me but the style of football the national team is playing is similar what Glass is striving for i.e building up from the back, possession based and attacking. 

North America is indeed on the rise. 

17 minutes ago, super_al said:

Sorry al….you didn’t name names?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Alphonso davies is 1 of the best left backs in the world. Jonathon David joined Lille for 25m in summer. Quite a few players playing in MLS and a handful playing for clubs like Besiktas, Genk, club Brugge, Basel etc. definitely on the rise 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

No I was just talking in general.

47 minutes ago, super_al said:

No I was just talking in general.

None of the Canadian players spring to mind. I was just interested to see if it was a market we could do well in (a Canadian international). We definitely need to broaden our horizons so I am open to signing players away from the usual Scottish and uk dross.

26 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

None of the Canadian players spring to mind. I was just interested to see if it was a market we could do well in (a Canadian international). We definitely need to broaden our horizons so I am open to signing players away from the usual Scottish and uk dross.

Scott Arfield's a canadian international. Shall we sign him? 😂. We should be looking at Scandinavia for some "talent". Hearts joining Celtic in raiding the sushi league. Need to step away from the UK market as everyone is trying to sign the same players driving up the prices of bang average players. 

31 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

😂. We should be looking at Scandinavia for some "talent". 

Like Ronald Hernandez 

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Is there any decent Canadian players?

Drake. October's very own. 

Most of canada top talent are attacking players. Others such as cavallini, buchanan and larin are all forwards.  Now saying all would be outside of afc budget.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

Most of canada top talent are attacking players. Others such as cavallini, buchanan and larin are all forwards.  Now saying all would be outside of afc budget.

Buchanan is a good player. I was at the Costa Rica game in Edmonton last month and he was quality. 

We better sign a Canadian international player then….could well be a fan’s favourite. 

Any other suggestions for the club? Do Pakistan have any known players? 

£4m for Ramsay, $1M for Ronnie and £500k for Hedges would be a wee war chest for the new manager in the summer.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

£4m for Ramsay, $1M for Ronnie and £500k for Hedges would be a wee war chest for the new manager in the summer.

Minimum of £6m required for Ramsey and a chunky sell on fee also please.  He’s worth every penny in todays market. 

Edited by Chester Don
Typo

If he was signing to an elite English club from the English championship or a lower English Premier league team the fee would be astronomical. 

But he's not, sadly.  We're going to be disappointed with the fee I fear. 

• Upvote 1

Selling Ramsay for a decent fee (4 million plus add-ons) would go a long way to repairing the current squad we possess. Same applies to the scenario Ferguson is sold.

Calvin Ramsay is worth more than £4,000,000. I'd start with 10, but if we're being realistic 7+ significant add ons is what we should be going for. 

The club has to be strong here. 

Calvin Ramsay is worth more than £4,000,000. I'd start with 10, but if we're being realistic 7+ significant add ons is what we should be going for. 

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We've never sold anyone for 4m upfront before so I doubt we will be asking for 7-10m. I think 4-6 is fair with sell ons. 

40 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Agreed! We need to hold out here and take what we deserve. Nine of the 3m and adds on bollocks. If he played in England he would be 20m player. 

How much will glass get to spend I wonder. 

27 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

We've never sold anyone for 4m upfront before so I doubt we will be asking for 7-10m. I think 4-6 is fair with sell ons. 

This is how it will go 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

We’ve also never been in the situation where several teams from the loaded EPL have been looking at our prized asset who has years left on his contract.

Aberdeen hold all the cards here and can set a price and at least one of the clubs who have shown interest will cough up. 

He would also going by my quick search  meet the criteria for homegrown EPL player due to his age which also plays into Aberdeen’s hands.

I’d be asking for a minimum of 8m plus add ons

Edited by Hoofball
  • Upvote 2

He’s a good defender, great up the line, and most importantly, when he gets up the line, he consistently puts in a great ball. He’s the next Andy Robertson in the EPL, but a better player.