January 2022 transfer window

3 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

If Celtic got £25m for Tierney then we should be looking for the same if not more. If Ramsey is up there in terms of stats then why sell for £4m?? Cormack should be stating this at every opportunity.

Haha! WTF!!!!

I want us to get as much as possible and a huge sum for Ramsay but that is a completely laughable comment. There is no way we anyone make a comparison between Ramsay and they cant be classed in the same category. Tierney had played over 4 seasons and 170 games for Celtic and a large number in Europe in Champions league or Europa league, and a good number of international games for Scotland. He was very much a proven quality.  No one is going to pay 25m or over for Ramsay

The comparison with Josh Doig that someone else made is far more applicable.   

4 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Haha! WTF!!!!

I want us to get as much as possible and a huge sum for Ramsay but that is a completely laughable comment. There is no way we anyone make a comparison between Ramsay and they cant be classed in the same category. Tierney had played over 4 seasons and 170 games for Celtic and a large number in Europe in Champions league or Europa league, and a good number of international games for Scotland. He was very much a proven quality.  No one is going to pay 25m or over for Ramsay

The comparison with Josh Doig that someone else made is far more applicable.   

Aye, Josh Doig is a reasonable comparison.

Both just had/having their breakthrough season and both current Scotland Under 21 full backs.

Ramsay slightly younger and probably had a more impactful breakthrough so you'd be wanting more than Hibs were after in the summer

• Upvote 1

The guy has the potential to go as far as he wants. 

We've seen it with McGinn, Van Dijk, among others. Hibs sold McGinn for £3,000,000 or some paltry figure, now I honestly think he'd get in to many of the top sides around Europe. His value will be something like 30-50 million. 

Ramsay is 18 as well, which if anything adds to his value as he has the potential to grow into a really top player. 

7,000,000 plus add ons. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The guy has the potential to go as far as he wants. 

We've seen it with McGinn, Van Dijk, among others. Hibs sold McGinn for £3,000,000 or some paltry figure, now I honestly think he'd get in to many of the top sides around Europe. His value will be something like 30-50 million. 

Ramsay is 18 as well, which if anything adds to his value as he has the potential to grow into a really top player. 

7,000,000 plus add ons. 

Aye, do you mean John Mcginn? Never even played for a top 6 English team. You international fitba fans live on a different planet min 

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Aye, do you mean John Mcginn? Never even played for a top 6 English team. You international fitba fans live on a different planet min 

My point is if they were to sell him now his value would be £50,000,000, but they got him for 3. 

We should be trying to edge the Ramsay fee up as there's every chance he'll be worth 5/6 times that to whoever he joins if they choose to sell. 

I'd be hoping for at least £5 mill with some good cluases too.
IF he is to go in January I'd like to see him loaned back as he needs consistent game time to develop, not sit on the bench or in the reserves for a premier league team.

Agreed though that he is by far and away out best prospect in donkeys years, would loves him to play for us for years to come however doubt he'll be a dons player past summer 22

53 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Just to put things in perspective...

With a market value of £63.00m, Alphonso Davies is ranked number 2 among all players of at FC Bayern .

Another poster named him….I don’t think i would blame Cormack for not splashing the cash on Davies. He wouldn’t win us the league.

Thanks though 

52 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

My point is if they were to sell him now his value would be £50,000,000, but they got him for 3. 

We should be trying to edge the Ramsay fee up as there's every chance he'll be worth 5/6 times that to whoever he joins if they choose to sell. 

If John McGinn was sold I think it would be closer to your £30 million than 50 but that’s more because he plays in England than being an outstanding player 

It wouldn’t sell Ramsay yet. Let the vultures circle and see if they bite with a bid. If he continues to play like he did before his injury he will attract even more attention. The real proof of who is actually interested is with whoever put a bid in. 
We should be doing our best to punt Lewis Ferguson and Ryan Hedges…they want away, so we should be trying to capitalise on that. If we draw in a total of £3m from their sale then that is good business.