January 2022 transfer window

34 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I'm confident of Europe as well.

Its the rewards of the Scottish Cup / 3rd place though which will be crucial this year

It’s certainly achievable. As long as we don’t do the daft defensive and goalkeeping errors we seen over that terrible run we will stroll everything in front of us. 

I'm certainly expecting a better January than last season when the Likes Hendry, Hornby and Kamberi were brought in.

I hope we don't sell Ramsay as we need him this season and we should be looking for more in the future. Fully expecting an offer of 1-2 million from an EPL side and being told we should be grateful.

Whether its in January or next summer I'd argue we need: A new Goalie, two new centre halves, an attacking mid, a striker and a winger.

Controversial opinion however I'd argue we need a new left back too even though Mackenzie has done reasonably well. Bring home Shinnie?

I can see a few pre contracts maybe happening.  Plenty out of contract end of the season.  Who knows some may leave earlier allowing us to get new recruits 

Can deffo see them having another crack at the young Hamilton Defender.  Id have a look at Scott Allan as a replacement for outgoing hedges.  Bit of a gamble with his fitness but when hes on form he is decent

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm certainly expecting a better January than last season when the Likes Hendry, Hornby and Kamberi were brought in.

I hope we don't sell Ramsay as we need him this season and we should be looking for more in the future. Fully expecting an offer of 1-2 million from an EPL side and being told we should be grateful.

Whether its in January or next summer I'd argue we need: A new Goalie, two new centre halves, an attacking mid, a striker and a winger.

Controversial opinion however I'd argue we need a new left back too even though Mackenzie has done reasonably well. Bring home Shinnie?

When did shinnie last play consistently at left back? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

I can see a few pre contracts maybe happening.  Plenty out of contract end of the season.  Who knows some may leave earlier allowing us to get new recruits 

Can deffo see them having another crack at the young Hamilton Defender.  Id have a look at Scott Allan as a replacement for outgoing hedges.  Bit of a gamble with his fitness but when hes on form he is decent

Maybe players don’t really give a shit about the future of the current manager but given there must be huge doubts about Glass being there next season, would that put off any new players signing pre contracts in Jan?

Probably answered my own question there

Surely surely we are not even considering devlin for a contract , i was chuffed when he signed and had in my opinion a few reasonable games 

but by f@@@ he is injury prone I was astonished when he got an extension to prove his fitness , well it’s certainly proved that 

no way should we waste a wage on him 

2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Surely surely we are not even considering devlin for a contract , i was chuffed when he signed and had in my opinion a few reasonable games 

but by f@@@ he is injury prone I was astonished when he got an extension to prove his fitness , well it’s certainly proved that 

no way should we waste a wage on him 

I think we may very well see him getting a contract to the end of the season. Glass said he had a setback in his recovery and that's why he's only recently joined training. We could easily spend the money better elsewhere but he'll sign an extension imo. 

On 11/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, sooth_stander said:

Maybe players don’t really give a shit about the future of the current manager but given there must be huge doubts about Glass being there next season, would that put off any new players signing pre contracts in Jan?

Probably answered my own question there

100% agree. Not expecting too much in January window pending Glass proving himself, or not.

Have heard a couple of snippets that alternatives are being sounded out, should we go on another pish run of winless games.

However DC's recent, strong backing of SG would suggest that change is not imminent therefore it would be madness for players to commit in January whilst the manager's position is still ropey.

Ps for the same reason reckon it is 100% certain Hedges will not be signing a new contract.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:33 PM, RED_JOHN said:

The club are needing goalscorers.

Agreed - Cosgrove is not one though - take away penalties and games against kindergarten teams and his record is appalling and even lacks the effort of a Stevie May - plus he's not a third choice in some US outfit so no chance.

25 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Agreed - Cosgrove is not one though - take away penalties and games against kindergarten teams and his record is appalling and even lacks the effort of a Stevie May - plus he's not a third choice in some US outfit so no chance.

I was obviously joking about Lurch rejoining but we definitely need another striker who is a goalscorer. If we want to win things we can’t keep just relying on Ramirez for goals. We need another who can bang them in.