January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Playing Devils Advocate for a minute - hypothetical situation. We get offered no more than £4m from English or German clubs for Ramsay with add ons,  but the Hun offers us £6m, with the same add ons. 

Should we deal?

No chance, they make a decent profit which keeps them afloat and they sign Ramsay which make us weaker and them stronger. 

FTH

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Sounds like Hibs are chucking a few bob around. Harry Clarke from Arsenal, Henderson from Celtic and some Norwegian striker.

Add in mueller from the states,played with nani on the other side of the wing,is a decent player sadly

13 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Playing Devils Advocate for a minute - hypothetical situation. We get offered no more than £4m from English or German clubs for Ramsay with add ons,  but the Hun offers us £6m, with the same add ons. 

Should we deal?

We should never sell to another Scottish club any player with potential.

Look at John McGinn, if he went to Celtic, the transfer cap on him if he was sold on would be £10m, if Villa decided to cash in on him, he's go for £30m at least.

If any Scottish club comes in for any of our players, they should play a premium.

18 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Cosgrove would definitely fit in at hearts

That fkn donkey would still be well out of his depth even if he signed for Cowden fkn beath ffs.

Cash wise he was brilliant bit of business by the club, but footballing wise well up there with one of the worst ever footballers to play for us, and god only knows there are numerous contenders for that accolade but donkey cosgrove would get my vote for that accolade every day of the week.

If Birmingham try to sell him now they will be lucky to get the £20k that we paid for him, which was still way too much.

• Haha 1

We’re being harsh on Cosgrove.To put him up there with the worst we’ve had is laughable.

How many seasons did Dazzler Mackie play for us and struggle to get double figures, never mind 20+ a season? 

We luckily had Cosgrove when he hit an uncharacteristic extended purple patch.I wish the lad nothing but luck with his career, but his best days are likely to have been with us.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

He’s only shite in the mind of a complete spastic 

Agree. 

People are so dramatic when players aren't ripping it up constantly. 

Longstaff isn't a bad footballer, he came to the wrong club at the wrong time. Jenks isn't a bad footballer, this is his first ever loan in mannies fitba' and I think Aberdeen with the demands etc will be quite challenging as far as that goes. 

Austin Samuels, is a bad footballer, though. 

Re McGrandles, a player in good form in League 1 reaching the peak of his playing powers, is a player we should definitely be looking at. 

We aren't going to get guys playing well every week in the English Champ. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There's always late developers but at 26 he's never played a game in the top division in Scotland and has only one appearance at Championship level in England. 

Everything else has been Championship in Scotland and League One/Two in England. 

Most our league is League 1 quality/League 2, and he's probably at the age for a step up. 

Fine by me. 

This window will be a disaster if we are chasing the likes of McGrandles. I was hoping we would start delving into other markets to try our luck rather than the old tried, tested and failed English guffy league one we constantly troll. 

Time to broaden our horizons or we are wasting a great opportunity to improve.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

8 goals in over 100 games last 4 years. Sounds about right.

Sounds like a typical shite signing we have made for aslong as I can remember and we wonder why we can’t compete. 

Ironically I have a Lincoln fan in a group chat. Said he’s a steady player but don’t get excited. Already knew that without even asking though.  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Good - he's been garbage for us and there's something dislikable about him.

We'd definitely need to bring another defender in though if we're shipping out our only current backup in central defence.

Another defender is the lowest of my list of priorities.

It sounds like Considine is back training, so maybe they’re happy to go with McKenzie and Considine as CH cover, else the loon from Hamilton comes in

9 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Another defender is the lowest of my list of priorities.

It sounds like Considine is back training, so maybe they’re happy to go with McKenzie and Considine as CH cover, else the loon from Hamilton comes in

Exactly this. Budget has to be spent on attacking players with pace or creativity.

36 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Rumour of Gallagher going out on loan to Dundee

There has been something weird about that signing from day 1. Didn’t fit into Glass’ preference for defenders being comfortable playing out from the back. No better a stopper than big Ash. 
Heard it mentioned on various podcasts that he was actually a McInnes signing but that can’t be right, as he knew he was tatties over a year ago.

Best for all concerned if he fucks off for good

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

This window will be a disaster if we are chasing the likes of McGrandles. I was hoping we would start delving into other markets to try our luck rather than the old tried, tested and failed English guffy league one we constantly troll. 

Time to broaden our horizons or we are wasting a great opportunity to improve.

But you said it was going to be a great window?

I look at the likes of Hibs signing these 2 players from abroad. One a norwegian u21 international that has 2 goals in 3 caps. The other a very highly rated player. Now of course we don't know if they will turn out to be good but they are looking outwith the UK for signings and trying to get better value for the money they can shell out. Keep hearing oh it's not easy with work permits etc. They don't seem to have a problem with these 2 so i'm not buying that. If we continue to just look in the UK i just fear we'll end up paying over the odds for average players.

19 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But you said it was going to be a great window?

I look at the likes of Hibs signing these 2 players from abroad. One a norwegian u21 international that has 2 goals in 3 caps. The other a very highly rated player. Now of course we don't know if they will turn out to be good but they are looking outwith the UK for signings and trying to get better value for the money they can shell out. Keep hearing oh it's not easy with work permits etc. They don't seem to have a problem with these 2 so i'm not buying that. If we continue to just look in the UK i just fear we'll end up paying over the odds for average players.

Want their owner.  Have not sold any of their stars ie nesbitt boyle etc, resigned droidge and still have money for high potential youngsters.