January 2022 transfer window

18 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

Lots of activity going on but very little decided. I understand at present….

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

Ferguson likely to go. Club believe the up front fee will be met.

Zander Clark identified as a real target. May well be one for the summer. 

McGrath deal likely. Kennedy presently being offered as make weight. Campbell & McGinn also being mentioned, although Dean would only be a loan 

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached. 

Icelandic left back still being mentioned….

will update further when I have more. 

Does trying to bring in Zander Clark mean Joe Lewis is wanting away?

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Rumour of Gallagher going out on loan to Dundee

This was said on here before Xmas. Only seemed to be mentioned on Dundee supporter sites, press certainly aren't running with it.

As I said at the time....right now we are running with McCrorie and Bates as first choice CH pairing. Whilst Gallagher was out injured, we were left praying that neither of them picked up an injury or suspension. As it happened we ended up playing Brown in central defence on one occasion. 

Considine is back in training but I wouldn't expect to see him being ready to play for at least another 6-8 weeks. We'd have no instantaneous back up if we let Gallagher go on loan to Dundee. Of course that situation could be reviewed if we brought in a new CH this window, but unless/until we do, Gallagher is surely going nowhere

25 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

McGrath deal likely. Kennedy presently being offered as make weight. Campbell & McGinn also being mentioned, although Dean would only be a loan 

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached. 

Thanks for the update. I like the sound of a new keeper as Lewis as gone backwards over the last few years. 

One thing that does concern me is the lack of attacking options being looked at. Of course its early days but surely that is the area we need strengthened the most. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

This was said on here before Xmas. Only seemed to be mentioned on Dundee supporter sites, press certainly aren't running with it.

As I said at the time....right now we are running with McCrorie and Bates as first choice CH pairing. Whilst Gallagher was out injured, we were left praying that neither of them picked up an injury or suspension. As it happened we ended up playing Brown in central defence on one occasion. 

Considine is back in training but I wouldn't expect to see him being ready to play for at least another 6-8 weeks. We'd have no instantaneous back up if we let Gallagher go on loan to Dundee. Of course that situation could be reviewed if we brought in a new CH this window, but unless/until we do, Gallagher is surely going nowhere

Yeah, I guess McKenzie could play in there, or Brown as he has done before. But is there any more on the Hamilton CH coming in?

42 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

If Ramsey and Ferguson are both sold that should see us take in in excess of £10 million, I'm nae too sure anybody at the club will know what to do with that amount of money. Are we even in any debt nowadays?

2 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

If Ramsey and Ferguson are both sold that should see us take in in excess of £10 million, I'm nae too sure anybody at the club will know what to do with that amount of money. Are we even in any debt nowadays?

£5.5m loss last financial year but no mention of any debt. Assume that loss, minus the £2m insurance payout, gets sucked up by Cormack and Co and converted to shares?

A question that should have been asked at the recent AGM

1 minute ago, Redmist1903 said:

If Ramsey and Ferguson are both sold that should see us take in in excess of £10 million, I'm nae too sure anybody at the club will know what to do with that amount of money. Do we even have any debt to pay off?

I doubt we’ll get £10m unfortunately. I’m not saying the £10m valuation is wrong. 

£6.5m-£7.5m would be my guess. 
£3m for Ferguson & £4.5m with add ons for Ramsay,  but we keep him until the summer. 
Of course, of that £7.5m, you won’t get that up front. 

If Ramsay is loaned back, you can reduce his fee for starters. 

Sounds like it’ll be an interesting January. 

24 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I can't imagine Lewis would be too thrilled with it if there's any truth in it

And Lewis would be a very expensive back-up 'keeper for the next 2 years till his contract ran out.

If it happens, best for all parties if Lewis moves on.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I can’t see either of those two happy being no2 keeper at the Dons.

I thought Clark was earmarked as the rapists replacement at the Bastard Garden? Maybe that’s changed now there’s a change in management.

Selling Lewis & getting Clark on a Bosman would be good business if we pulled that off. 

Guest milne_afc

It should be forum etiquette to end transfer speculation posts with your age in brackets, just like when unwitting children wrote to Sir Jimmy Savile.

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But you said it was going to be a great window?

I look at the likes of Hibs signing these 2 players from abroad. One a norwegian u21 international that has 2 goals in 3 caps. The other a very highly rated player. Now of course we don't know if they will turn out to be good but they are looking outwith the UK for signings and trying to get better value for the money they can shell out. Keep hearing oh it's not easy with work permits etc. They don't seem to have a problem with these 2 so i'm not buying that. If we continue to just look in the UK i just fear we'll end up paying over the odds for average players.

Have confidence, it will be a good window. We will have got rid of Longstaff and Jenks, Campbell will be out on loan, our surprise player will most likely be away (bad attitude) and everyone’s favourite Mikey Devlin will be signing a new deal. Plus the fact McGrath is coming in from St.Mirren. If we could add some attacking options from abroad I would be fairly chuffed.

(5)

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

£5.5m loss last financial year but no mention of any debt. Assume that loss, minus the £2m insurance payout, gets sucked up by Cormack and Co and converted to shares?

I thought the accounts showed a £2.29M loss till the end of June but that the Insurance received in July was £2.25M

4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It should be forum etiquette to end transfer speculation posts with your age in brackets, just like when unwitting children wrote to Sir Jimmy Savile.

Milking a cow was ace. Dom Sullivan (61)

A wide player with ability and a striker and classy midfielder are musts.

No no no, we cannot replace Joe Lewis with Zander Clark. Yes Lewis had a rough 18 months but he’s steady again and considerable better than Clark imo. Clarks no better with his feet which would be an area you’d want to improve on. He’s less commanding in the air which would see us more vulnerable at set pieces, an area we are generally strong due to Lewis’s stature and Clark probably a slightly weaker shot stopper. Wouldn’t be my choice. Siegrest would be a more favourable option if needed.

On 1/1/2022 at 5:21 PM, RED_JOHN said:

If you had bothered to read any of my other posts you will surely have the ability to decipher that I don’t care much about popularity. 

If you are new to the site you must post on the introduction section where I will have a few questions for you. 

Have some faith in my knowledge of what is happening at Aberdeen FC….it will serve you well.

I really look forward to you displaying your knowledge, be a bit like Bojo talking about Peppa Pig world. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Cormack talks about how we covered the losses during the Q&A back in March. The question is asked at 31:22 on the timeline.