January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

Lots of activity going on but very little decided. I understand at present….

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

Ferguson likely to go. Club believe the up front fee will be met.

Zander Clark identified as a real target. May well be one for the summer. 

McGrath deal likely. Kennedy presently being offered as make weight. Campbell & McGinn also being mentioned, although Dean would only be a loan 

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached. 

Icelandic left back still being mentioned….

will update further when I have more. 

The hell we doing offering Hedges a deal to be highest paid player

2 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

If Ramsey and Ferguson are both sold that should see us take in in excess of £10 million, I'm nae too sure anybody at the club will know what to do with that amount of money. Are we even in any debt nowadays?

We’ve a new stadium to pay for 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass doesn’t play with wingers anyway. 
He’s signed 11(?) players & not one winger unless I’m missing someone 

Yeah - apart from when we had that 433 nonsense with two of the forward players playing miles away from Ramirez - weren't really playing as wingers though I guess. 

Also, I've no idea what Samuels is meant to be - not sure Glass does either, but any time he's come on he's sort of played out wide. I'm being generous by using the word "played".

We need a decent replacement for Ramsay if he does go, as much of our creativity and threat comes from the full back areas. Hayes is needing replaced on the left side too but he'll see us through to the summer. MacKenzie is decent enough there too. I don't want to be stuck with Gurr or Ojo at right wing back for the rest of the season though. 

3 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

No no no, we cannot replace Joe Lewis with Zander Clark. Yes Lewis had a rough 18 months but he’s steady again and considerable better than Clark imo. Clarks no better with his feet which would be an area you’d want to improve on. He’s less commanding in the air which would see us more vulnerable at set pieces, an area we are generally strong due to Lewis’s stature and Clark probably a slightly weaker shot stopper. Wouldn’t be my choice. Siegrest would be a more favourable option if needed.

Clark is a pretty commanding set piece threat trying to rescue late results for St Johnstone ?

I'd suggest if he's commanding with his napper he's probably even more so with his hands

And he's light years ahead of Lewis with the ball at his feet

The only thing that bothers me about potentially signing Clark is that he's a big old hun

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

Ramsay likely to go in an auction but be loaned back for the rest of season. Young replacement already identified 

McGrath deal likely. Kennedy presently being offered as make weight. Campbell & McGinn also being mentioned, although Dean would only be a loan 

Hedges turned down deal to be highest paid player. Will go in January if McGrath secured & fee reached. 

Little decided is a complete embarrassment if true. 

You think the club still want circa 5m for Ferguson? Reckon 3m plus might be tough to turn down. Hopefully with his caps we can maximise price.

Really worrying that McGrath is seen as a replacement for Hedges. Hardly like for like from what I've seen. 

4 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Have confidence, it will be a good window. We will have got rid of Longstaff and Jenks, Campbell will be out on loan, our surprise player will most likely be away (bad attitude) and everyone’s favourite Mikey Devlin will be signing a new deal. Plus the fact McGrath is coming in from St.Mirren. If we could add some attacking options from abroad I would be fairly chuffed.

(5)

Surprise player with a bad attitude? Kennedy surely?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Clark is a pretty commanding set piece threat trying to rescue late results for St Johnstone ?

I'd suggest if he's commanding with his napper he's probably even more so with his hands

And he's light years ahead of Lewis with the ball at his feet

The only thing that bothers me about potentially signing Clark is that he's a big old hun

He’s no Aberdeen quality. Especially if we are looking to progress.

I don’t ever recall him coming off his line much against us the other week and he zinged a good few out the park.

7 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

Zander Clark first venture north to Aberdeen next season will be when the Huns arrive as he will be sat on their bus. 

Not really sure what people are getting excited about. McGrath hasn't set the heather on fire this season, looks like he's inconsistent going by St Mirren fans input. 

Is a GK necessary unless Lewis doesn't want to be playing in Glass lead shambles backline. Has he indicated he's unhappy? Don't mind Clark but he's no upgrade on Lewis.

Looks like another dreadful Glass transfer window. Still no creativity or width no addition to help Ramirez, and more than likely the loss of our top two performers. 

Still early, maybe Dave is still deciding how much to allow his wee puppet to spend. 

4 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Not really sure what people are getting excited about. McGrath hasn't set the heather on fire this season, looks like he's inconsistent going by St Mirren fans input. 

Is a GK necessary unless Lewis doesn't want to be playing in Glass lead shambles backline. Has he indicated he's unhappy? Don't mind Clark but he's no upgrade on Lewis.

Looks like another dreadful Glass transfer window. Still no creativity or width no addition to help Ramirez, and more than likely the loss of our top two performers. 

Still early, maybe Dave is still deciding how much to allow his wee puppet to spend. 

FFS. Nothing has happened yet apart from some rumours. Maybe wait until we see some real activity. 

• Upvote 5
8 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

Right here. 

Cheers for the update. 

I'm assuming the young replacement for Ramsay is someone we're going to sign, rather than a youngster already at the club...

Will certainly be needing to make some big signings if we do sell Ramsay, Ferguson and Hedges in this window - will bring in plenty cash, but will lose the 3 players who account for the vast majority of our goals in terms of assists and scoring.

I could see Kennedy going and possibly Campbell going on loan, but I can't really see McGinn moving to St Mirren. I would guess he'll stay til the end of the season and either hang up his boots or move back to N.Ireland for a final season or two. I think he's pretty much done at this level.

Zander Clark is a good keeper - I'd be happy with him to take over from Lewis, but I can't see us having both of them at the club and it seems Lewis is quite content here. I also suspect there will be a fair bit of competition for Clark. Good that we are looking at the GK position though.

Sounds like the usual kind of window where we'll be waiting and waiting and waiting for one deal to happen before scrambling around desperately trying to make other moves off the back of that. No doubt end up being last minute panic signings again.

7 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Has Ferguson set the heather on fire all season?

Did McLean (as another example) ever ‘set the heather on fire’ in first half of seasons for us? & did he for St Mirren prior to us signing him? 

Plenty examples of such.

If you were talking about the likes of Kennedy/Hendry at St Johnstone I would 100% agree with your stance but at least McGrath has some proven abilities from at least one season & generated plenty interest from suitors 

16 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Here is what Jim Goodwin said back in April 2021: "For me, Jamie McGrath is a Celtic player. I look at some of the lads who are there now, like David Turnbull, Callum McGregor and Ryan Christie. I can see Jamie being among that level."

7 minutes ago, super_al said:

Here is what Jim Goodwin said back in April 2021: "For me, Jamie McGrath is a Celtic player. I look at some of the lads who are there now, like David Turnbull, Callum McGregor and Ryan Christie. I can see Jamie being among that level."

Did one of our old managers not liken Cammy Smith to Dennis Bergkamp when at AFC ? I could be completely wrong though.