Sign in to follow this  
sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

Newcastle looking for assurances on longstaff, do we feel he might get more opportunity if Ferguson is sold? Surely being recalled by Newcastle 

32 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Newcastle looking for assurances on longstaff, do we feel he might get more opportunity if Ferguson is sold? Surely being recalled by Newcastle 

Send the useless cunt back and tell them to rest assured the boy is fucking shite

• Haha 2

If they want to recall him I'd be all for it, even if Ferguson departs in January

He's been a total waste of money and just blocking the path of one of our youngsters into the first team squad.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Send the useless cunt back and tell them to rest assured the boy is fucking shite

Not seen enough really, but not sure he’s up to battling for a jersey 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If they want to recall him I'd be all for it, even if Ferguson departs in January

He's been a total waste of money and just blocking the path of one of our youngsters into the first team squad.

Again 100% agree 

We've already got the best goal scorer in the league.  Fuck taking Cosgrove back - whatever magic he had has long since disappeared.

He must have found Billy's boots for a year

Agree tho and most disappointing aspect (of all the others) of Russell acquisition to coaching. I expected at least 1 gem from lower English leagues on a 3 year deal who we are now looking at going! Wow 🤩 

23 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Agree tho and most disappointing aspect (of all the others) of Russell acquisition to coaching. I expected at least 1 gem from lower English leagues on a 3 year deal who we are now looking at going! Wow 🤩 

Russell was in America. The rubbish we get from England will now be through Mowbray.

3 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Russell was in America. The rubbish we get from England will now be through Mowbray.

In March 2017, Russell joined the England Coaching  staff as their striker coach, this is what I meant 🤔

2 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

In March 2017, Russell joined the England Coaching  staff as their striker coach, this is what I meant 🤔

Do the English national team have lower league players training with them? 🤣

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Do the English national team have lower league players training with them? 🤣

No but they scout the whole leagues etc and have links all over the country, it’s the FA! It’s a network 

3 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

No but they scout the whole leagues etc and have links all over the country, it’s the FA! It’s a network 

'Here, there is a shit hot English striker playing for such and such, in league 2. Let's let Allan Russell, the set piece and striker coach know right away.' 

'good idea. He'll get them up to a Scottish team to aid their development...'

• Haha 1

To be fair did Russel not do personal coaching with any player that would pay him for it. Is that not how he got recognition and then into the English coaching set up.

He might know a good player that’s becoming available 

Send Samuels back or will he come good? 

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Send Samuels back or will he come good? 

Headless chicken. 
Then again, our manager plays him on the left wing… when he’s not (& clearly not) a left winger.

Gurr, Jenks & Samuels could all be sent back & none would be missed. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Headless chicken. 
Then again, our manager plays him on the left wing… when he’s not (& clearly not) a left winger.

Gurr, Jenks & Samuels could all be sent back & none would be missed. 

Gurr was signed on a 1yr deal - he’ll be here until the summer

12 minutes ago, mike1234 said:

We could always insist that any team that wants to sign Ferguson in January also has to accept Gurr for 6 months as a condition of the deal. Result.....Ferguson stays till summer.

That'll teach the Ferguson family to meddle with our club

Stuart Findlay maybe available, left sided central defender, got to start thinking about replacing Considine I guess.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DD1903 said:

'Here, there is a shit hot English striker playing for such and such, in league 2. Let's let Allan Russell, the set piece and striker coach know right away.' 

'good idea. He'll get them up to a Scottish team to aid their development...'

Yep that’s how it works, you got it

4 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Yep that’s how it works, you got it

I'm sure it's exactly how it's going

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't give Glass money to go to the local shop let alone spend in the January transfer window.

Contrary to what Egotistic Dave says they are both confused, which most definitely should not be worsened by buying, or loaning, yet more crap players.

We should club together and buy Cormack a telescope for Xmas so that he can actually see what is happening!!!

Will surely be one or two decent players in our budget. But would they want to come?

Instead of looking to strengthen and challenge as one of Scotland's top sides, Aberdeen are now trying to find some form to keep away from the relegation zone.

Will be interesting to see who we bring in now that Head of recruitment Mowbray has had a short some time to source players for us.

Last summer we didn't have a Head of Recruitment in place until 2 weeks prior to the summer window closing.

We may revisit the US/South American markets.

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

I wouldn't give Glass money to go to the local shop let alone spend in the January transfer window.

Contrary to what Egotistic Dave says they are both confused, which most definitely should not be worsened by buying, or loaning, yet more crap players.

We should club together and buy Cormack a telescope for Xmas so that he can actually see what is happening!!!

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Ace, would love another Gurr or 800k Ronnie.

4 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Will be interesting to see who we bring in now that Head of recruitment Mowbray has had a short some time to source players for us.

Last summer we didn't have a Head of Recruitment in place until 2 weeks prior to the summer window closing.

Think Mowbray’s knowledge is British and Europe. Believe he did a lot of work in Europe for Burnley which maybe be a place we are more likely to get work permits than South America. I am also looking forward to seeing where this goes but we really need a upturn in form for these players to want to come to us. 

5 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Ace, would love another Gurr or 800k Ronnie.

Ronnie didn’t sign from the US market

On 11/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, mike1234 said:

Depressing bastard!