January 2022 transfer window

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Haha what a fantastic post, you and many others claim I'm not ITK yet here you are saying I only get my opinions from that that are ITK, that's brilliant, thank you.

I absolutely believe you’re ITK - no problem there. That seems to be your problem.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

What structural changes necessitate having a team of 30 somethings? 

This makes no sense at all. 

We replaced the coaching team with another coaching team. 

We replaced a head scout with a head of recruitment. 

We asked them both to report to Gunn. 

Why did this require us to bring in loads of old players? 

We don't have a team of 30 somethings though, do we?  There's a few scattered over the team, you cried like fuck at us signing them, now it looks like our next 3 signings will be two 25 year olds and a 21 year old yet here you are crying again, it's pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Just now, 1983 said:

I absolutely believe you’re ITK - no problem there. That seems to be your problem.

It's not a problem, I post my own opinions, I just find it mental that regardless of who we go for a large amount of fans are already dead against those players and can't be reasoned with.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

We don't have a team of 30 somethings though, do we?  There's a few scattered over the team, you cried like fuck at us signing them, now it looks like our next 3 signings will be two 25 year olds and a 21 year old yet here you are crying again, it's pathetic.

Are you saying you would be excited by the signing of this Broom guy?

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Mini.

Open your eyes min.  The squad is full of 30 somethings. 

And the starting eleven regularly has 6 or 7.

Lewis, Ojo, Brown, Considine, Hayes,  Watkins, Ramirez all first picks or thereabouts when fit.

We've got one of the oldest average aged squads in the division.  Apart from maybe the Hun. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Mini.

Open your eyes min.  The squad is full of 30 somethings. 

And the starting eleven regularly has 6 or 7.

Lewis, Ojo, Brown, Considine, Hayes,  Watkins, Ramirez all first picks or thereabouts when fit.

Ramsay, Mackenzie, Fegruson, McCrorie, Bates, Hedges.  I can play this game too and I don't need to add in someone that hasn't played since August.

Just now, minijc said:

Not excited, no, however I'm certainly not acting like it's the end of the world like some on here are.

Fair enough, thanks for being honest.
I don't think they are over acting on this one though, it seems a reasonable response to the news.

I get a prawcess takes time, and has to start somewhere, it just seems we are kicking the can of change down the road with signings like this.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Ramsay, Mackenzie, Fegruson, McCrorie, Bates, Hedges.  I can play this game too and I don't need to add in someone that hasn't played since August.

Hedges is 26 and Bates is 25.

Since when did these guys count as young players?

The others I'll give you but apart from Campbell and McLennan that's been the absolute entirety of the younger players in our squad of 20

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Hedges is 26 and Bates is 25.

Since when did these guys count as young players?

The others I'll give you but apart from Campbell and McLennan that's been the absolute entirety of the younger players in our squad of 20

You're saying the starting line up usually has 6 or 7, 30 somethings in it, it doesn't, as I just pointed out, I'm not saying Bates or Hedges are young but I'm also not the one crying about us only signing old players then crying when we look to sign a fucking 25 year old.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, minijc said:

You're saying the starting line up usually has 6 or 7, 30 somethings in it, it doesn't, as I just pointed out, I'm not saying Bates or Hedges are young but I'm also not the one crying about us only signing old players then crying when we look to sign a fucking 25 year old.

Nae offence Mini but you seem most worked up about it. 

We've had hundreds of shit signings in my lifetime, this guy may or may not be another one. Won't bother me, we'll be chuffed if he's good, we'll get a laugh if he's shit. Players come and players go. 

The main issue is that there's a lot of noise coming out of Pittodrie about philosophies but the actions don't match the sales pitch we are being given.  And folk are rightly questioning things. 

• Upvote 10

@minijcI actually believe you as I have heard about this approach from several at the club over the last few years i.e the direction and strategy they are striving for. 

Question for you are Hibs and Hearts further down the line implementing similar changes to the ones we have made or are they still managed under the traditional model?

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, super_al said:

@minijcI actually believe you as I have heard about this approach from several at the club over the last few years i.e the direction and strategy they are striving for. 

Question for you are Hibs and Hearts further down the line implementing similar changes to the ones we have made or are they still managed under the traditional model?

Hearts I am unsure about, Hibs I would say are maybe a bit ahead but that's because they had a willing manager from the start where as our last manager was against the shift in direction. 

• Upvote 1

Glass' signings thus far haven't really shown any kind of pattern. All seems very similar to the approach of the previous manager to be honest - a few older guys who are fairly injury prone (Gallagher, Watkins), a lazy backup option or two (Woods, JET), some crappy young loanees from down south (Jenks, Samuels, Longstaff), someone who's shown promise as a youngster but lost their way a bit (Bates). The only slight difference has been bringing in the guys from America (Ramirez, Gurr, Pavlova) - we had already started dabbling in that though with Jon Gallagher.

No real pattern as far as age of players is concerned, or even getting players who can play the system he seems to prefer. 

If there is some kind of prawcess / plan - it's certainly not evident to me from the signings made so far.

• Upvote 5
5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Glass' signings thus far haven't really shown any kind of pattern. All seems very similar to the approach of the previous manager to be honest - a few older guys who are fairly injury prone (Gallagher, Watkins), a lazy backup option or two (Woods, JET), some crappy young loanees from down south (Jenks, Samuels, Longstaff), someone who's shown promise as a youngster but lost their way a bit (Bates). The only slight difference has been bringing in the guys from America (Ramirez, Gurr, Pavlova) - we had already started dabbling in that though with Jon Gallagher.

No real pattern as far as age of players is concerned, or even getting players who can play the system he seems to prefer. 

If there is some kind of prawcess / plan - it's certainly not evident to me from the signings made so far.

^^^ this

18 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I think glass was focused in building a competitive team right out of the gate as opposed to developing a team for future success and transfer fees in mind

Very few of his signings (loans or permanent) even support that theory either though. Maybe Brown & Ramirez excused. 

Unless the rest were all signed to compete to be the shitest 

I’d say personally the problem I have with this signing (and I will admit I know nothing about him apart from a few things I seen on the internet) but from a quick google he is meant to be a wide midfielder, what we really need out wide is a player who can beat a man (especially if headges is going) he doesn’t look like he can do that. 
He doesn’t look like a Niall McGinn or Johnny hayes who were both signed about the same age. The type of player we need in the team now they are getting to old. 

7 hours ago, thurso said:

Not as low as most of our signings from England is and can’t really count the premier league in England as when was the last time we signed a guy on a permanent contract from that league. 

James Wilson, so I guess we should write the premier league off as being full of dross as well.