Jump to content
sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ramsay would’ve done. 
Maybe not MacKenzie. 
Glass’s recruitment in the summer completely contradicted this alleged new strategy. 

I doubt that.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, thurso said:

Did we not sign both them from championship clubs 

Are they not lower league?

Share this post


Link to post

Glass' signings thus far haven't really shown any kind of pattern. All seems very similar to the approach of the previous manager to be honest - a few older guys who are fairly injury prone (Gallagher, Watkins), a lazy backup option or two (Woods, JET), some crappy young loanees from down south (Jenks, Samuels, Longstaff), someone who's shown promise as a youngster but lost their way a bit (Bates). The only slight difference has been bringing in the guys from America (Ramirez, Gurr, Pavlova) - we had already started dabbling in that though with Jon Gallagher.

No real pattern as far as age of players is concerned, or even getting players who can play the system he seems to prefer. 

If there is some kind of prawcess / plan - it's certainly not evident to me from the signings made so far.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Glass' signings thus far haven't really shown any kind of pattern. All seems very similar to the approach of the previous manager to be honest - a few older guys who are fairly injury prone (Gallagher, Watkins), a lazy backup option or two (Woods, JET), some crappy young loanees from down south (Jenks, Samuels, Longstaff), someone who's shown promise as a youngster but lost their way a bit (Bates). The only slight difference has been bringing in the guys from America (Ramirez, Gurr, Pavlova) - we had already started dabbling in that though with Jon Gallagher.

No real pattern as far as age of players is concerned, or even getting players who can play the system he seems to prefer. 

If there is some kind of prawcess / plan - it's certainly not evident to me from the signings made so far.

^^^ this

Share this post


Link to post

I think glass was focused in building a competitive team right out of the gate as opposed to developing a team for future success and transfer fees in mind

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

Im not sure if your attempt was simply ignored due to the fact it was shite or if nobody got it. 

Thought it was amusing personally.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I think glass was focused in building a competitive team right out of the gate as opposed to developing a team for future success and transfer fees in mind

Very few of his signings (loans or permanent) even support that theory either though. Maybe Brown & Ramirez excused. 
 

Unless the rest were all signed to compete to be the shitest 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

Im not sure if your attempt was simply ignored due to the fact it was shite or if nobody got it. 

Nae sure like. I dont think it gets the appreciation it deserves

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Are they not lower league?

Not as low as most of our signings from England is and can’t really count the premier league in England as when was the last time we signed a guy on a permanent contract from that league. 

Share this post


Link to post

I’d say personally the problem I have with this signing (and I will admit I know nothing about him apart from a few things I seen on the internet) but from a quick google he is meant to be a wide midfielder, what we really need out wide is a player who can beat a man (especially if headges is going) he doesn’t look like he can do that. 
He doesn’t look like a Niall McGinn or Johnny hayes who were both signed about the same age. The type of player we need in the team now they are getting to old. 

Share this post


Link to post

^Fit?!? Random. 

Also Niall McGinn hasn't beaten a man in years 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, thurso said:

Not as low as most of our signings from England is and can’t really count the premier league in England as when was the last time we signed a guy on a permanent contract from that league. 

James Wilson, so I guess we should write the premier league off as being full of dross as well. 

Share this post


Link to post

Lot of moaning on here.

If we weren’t looking in the usual markets (where we are desirable to players) it would likely be second or third tier in France or Germany or Holland. Same but different. Even the likes of say Poland or Ukraine, teams with much more financial clout than us are scouting the best to good proven players. 
 

Approaching the best of the rest from our league is best strategy imo or if their move from our league doesn’t work out I.e McGrath just now- Hayes,Rooney,McGinn,Shinnie McLean  from past, Bates, Gallacher and Mcrorie more recently.

Only so many available from that so it’s gambles down south or further a field out with. Gambles cos the proven players usually have better offers than us financially.

Surely we can see that? 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, minijc said:

Anything under 28 fits the new process, well it should, we bought older experienced players in the summer, you'd be pishing yourself if we signed a 30 something from league 1.

The new process - who the feck do you think you are? You're a diddy fan like the rest of us - wind your neck in and stop pretending you're some sort if AFC Hat oracle.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, minijc said:

Are you thick?  Fans not giving the new ideas a chance to be implemented, moaning, booing at games and so on, of course that makes it harder.  I still remember you claiming Woods was better with the ball that Lewis then he proceeded to fuck up massively, so based off of that, it's pointless arguing with you.

New ideas??? 

 

Oh please do enlighten us?? All I see is clueless football with absolutely zero creativity. I see a manager who took over ten games to realise that leaving your two centre halfs exposed with ridiculously high pressing full  backs doesn't work. A simple diagonal ball cut the defence wide open every time.

Shambles of a club at present. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, minijc said:

Are you thick?  Fans not giving the new ideas a chance to be implemented, moaning, booing at games and so on, of course that makes it harder.  I still remember you claiming Woods was better with the ball that Lewis then he proceeded to fuck up massively, so based off of that, it's pointless arguing with you.

The majority of fans at the games are still very much behind Glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, NEM said:

The majority of fans at the games are still very much behind Glass.

Absolutely. 

It's possible to be critical of certain things and still support the club and the team. 

Share this post


Link to post

Have we missed our chance with the lad Hamilton , it appears other clubs including lower English leagues are interested 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, NEM said:

The majority of fans at the games are still very much behind Glass.

The biggest critics are people who don’t go to the games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

The new process - who the feck do you think you are? You're a diddy fan like the rest of us - wind your neck in and stop pretending you're some sort if AFC Hat oracle.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The new process is fairly easy to understand as a few other clubs have already implemented it, so it's common knowledge that the majority of signings over time will be 28 or lower with a huge emphasis on blooding in youngsters who are in the youth system.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

New ideas??? 

 

Oh please do enlighten us?? All I see is clueless football with absolutely zero creativity. I see a manager who took over ten games to realise that leaving your two centre halfs exposed with ridiculously high pressing full  backs doesn't work. A simple diagonal ball cut the defence wide open every time.

Shambles of a club at present. 

Zero creativity, that's a good one considering we've created more chances this season than we managed to this point last year.

32 minutes ago, NEM said:

The majority of fans at the games are still very much behind Glass.

I'm more on about the #DeekerDons that jump on absolutely everything the club puts up online.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

It's hardly a new system or a genius solution though let's be honest.

 

Not genius but it is new for us and I think over time it will really help the club.

Share this post


Link to post

This is not a new transfer policy. 

The vast majority of players signed on permanent contracts by the previous regime were under 28.

It was very rare to bring in older players than that. Mainly only the returnees like McGinn and Hayes would fall into this bracket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

This is not a new transfer policy. 

The vast majority of players signed on permanent contracts by the previous regime were under 28.

It was very rare to bring in older players than that. Mainly only the returnees like McGinn and Hayes would fall into this bracket. 

Yeah he just signed a lot of lads that had suffered brutal injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, minijc said:

Yeah he just signed a lot of lads that had suffered brutal injuries.

That's a different argument.  I'll definitely give you that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Have we missed our chance with the lad Hamilton , it appears other clubs including lower English leagues are interested 

 

 

It’s looking like another dithering management are going to f—-k up this window and the terraces will be left with happy clappers only. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...