January 2022 transfer window

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I actually think Kennedy is slightly better than that but Glass has fairly killed him off by taking an absolute dislike to him.

Fk the fk off ffs ?

Kennedy was fkn SHITE start to finish. Don’t even try to blame Glass for ANY PART of this shit show

jesus fkn Christmas 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Entirely his fault 

he’s a weak hun 

Don't think he's ever downed tools. 

Might be alright off the striker, where he played his best stuff, we don't know. 

12 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I actually think Kennedy is slightly better than that but Glass has fairly killed him off by taking an absolute dislike to him.

Agreed. For a short period of time he did ok - could put in a decent early cross and started to learn how to defend after an admittedly disastrous start as a wing back. Fringe player at best though.

The Scotsman News Quote.  Aberdeen focusing on quality rather than quantity. ???   This was the last quality ?‍??‍??‍??‍?signings .   The management should look up the meaning of quality before they sign up any swinging dick.  They are running out of time for signing  anyone with quality. It will end up a quantity of ?‍??‍??‍??‍?.

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a pile of shite coming out of Teamtalk

Supposedly ourselves, Celtic and Hibs interested up here. 

Down south it's Liverpool, Newcastle, Burnley, Brentford, Brighton, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Barnsley and Sunderland

Then goes on to speculate that if he joins Liverpool, they might chuck him out immediately on loan to Celtic.

There's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Who is this?

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Might be alright off the striker, where he played his best stuff, we don't know. 

Spot on. No harm in giving him a chance where he has previously played his best stuff. He is not a wing back. New manager, clean sheet, give him to the summer to prove his worth 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nah just stood back and watched a heap of young loons take penalties in the shootout against Livi as he was too much of a weak bottle merchant loser to take one.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

Kennedy is like George Best compared to Mclennan

I remember seeing Best on Sky Sports about 3 months before he died

His face was bright yellow and you just knew he wasn't long for this earth (there's a reason why liver transplant patients are told mustn't ever touch a single drop of alcohol. He wasted a perfectly good organ that might have given someone else an extra 15 years of life)

This version of Best is the only one that Kennedy could be compared to

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

His face was bright yellow and you just knew he wasn't long for this earth (there's a reason why liver transplant patients are told mustn't ever touch a single drop of alcohol. He wasted a perfectly good organ that might have given someone else an extra 15 years of life)

And even then he is better than McLennan

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Why? Is it nae just another healthy liver to ruin?

2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Why? Is it nae just another healthy liver to ruin?

Because Joe Public don't realise that the immunosuppressant medications required to prevent rejection are in themselves massively toxic. In the 80s and 90s it was more the toxic long term effects of these drugs that killed transplant patients after 10 years or so than the actual organ failing itself. (there are outliers that are the exceptions that prove the rule.....the world's longest surviving kidney transplant patient passed 50 years with it in 2020 and the UK's longest heart transplant survivor reached 40 years with her heart last year)

Whilst the drug regimen has improved a lot in the past 20 years, these drugs are still nonetheless toxic. The liver itself has to process these drugs that are keeping it going and has enough of a job to do doing just that without any other poisons on top. And alcohol is poisonous to the liver even in small amounts in healthy people. 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Because Joe Public don't realise that the immunosuppressant medications required to prevent rejection are in themselves massively toxic. In the 80s and 90s it was more the toxic long term effects of these drugs that killed transplant patients after 10 years or so than the actual organ failing itself. (there are outliers that are the exceptions that prove the rule.....the world's longest surviving kidney transplant patient passed 50 years with it in 2020 and the UK's longest heart transplant survivor reached 40 years with her heart last year)

Whilst the drug regimen has improved a lot in the past 20 years, these drugs are still nonetheless toxic. The liver itself has to process these drugs that are keeping it going and has enough of a job to do doing just that without any other poisons on top. And alcohol is poisonous to the liver even in small amounts in healthy people. 

That’s interesting. So any given organ transplant patient is expected to peg it after 10 years or so?

3 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

The Scotsman News Quote.  Aberdeen focusing on quality rather than quantity. ???   This was the last quality ?‍??‍??‍??‍?signings .   The management should look up the meaning of quality before they sign up any swinging dick.  They are running out of time for signing  anyone with quality. It will end up a quantity of ?‍??‍??‍??‍?.

3 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

That’s interesting. So any given organ transplant patient is expected to peg it after 10 years or so?

No not now, as I said the drug regimen is now a lot better than it was in the 80s and 90s. Kidney transplantation now comes with virtually a normal life expectation. Heart transplantation has progressed from a 3 to 5 year life expectancy when the first ones were done (in the UK) in 79/80 to somewhere around a 25 year life expectancy, although they'e now fairly routine in children who seem to do very well receiving second heart transplants in adulthood.  Liver transplants (and the more recent pancreas transplants) are still the worst outcomes precisely for the reason I gave earlier.....15 years is what you are told to expect. They do tend to take place in younger patients and I'd surmise that for a lot of them second transplants will become the norm as the first one starts to fail.

I'm old enough to remember when as a last resort they transplanted a baboon's heart into a baby girl....84/85ish IIRC. Think she lasted 20 days

I saw that about the pig heart though. Supposedly wouldn't comply with his medications so was removed from the human transplant waiting list

I'd be astonished if manpig is still alive in 12 months

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm old enough to remember when as a last resort they transplanted a baboon's heart into a baby girl....84/85ish IIRC. Think she lasted 20 days

I saw that about the pig heart though. Supposedly wouldn't comply with his medications so was removed from the human transplant waiting list

I'd be astonished if manpig is still alive in 12 months

Wow a dr as well as an accountant. 

well done 

Sorry boring day at work couldn’t help myself I actually enjoy reading your posts unlike some you read