January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

If Watkins is out for the season as rumoured we are definitely weaker but if he’s fine we’re sound. As I said on another thread he looked brand new clubbing wae JET

Yes if he’s out we would be but that’s cos of injury not because we sold a player or sent back from loan 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

I know I’d would be better but apart from Celtic hardly any clubs have signed any players of note. 

Hibs have signed 4 or 5. Some are unknown quantities granted but i like the look of the boy Clarke they got on loan from Arsenal. If Ewan Henderson turns out to be anywhere near as good as his brother he'll serve them well aswell. St Johnstone signed a few. Although they could all be shite. Who knows. Yes a lot of teams haven't really strengthened but not all of them have the glaring squad issues we have that need addressed. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Hibs have signed 4 or 5. Some are unknown quantities granted but i like the look of the boy Clarke they got on loan from Arsenal. If Ewan Henderson turns out to be anywhere near as good as his brother he'll serve them well aswell. St Johnstone signed a few. Although they could all be shite. Who knows. Yes a lot of teams haven't really strengthened but not all of them have the glaring squad issues we have that need addressed. 

Yes Hibs have signed 5 players but if we signed that 5 players, most of them would of made most on here go into meltdown I think. St Johnston have signed a few because they are bottom of the league and struggling. 

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

We've seen this movie before... giving it all the chat about doing business early, looking to strengthen... then half way through the window nothing's happened and we start hearing need to move people out before anything happens whilst at the same time saying we don't need to sell anyone... linked with endless guff journeymen from the lower leagues in England, and overrated youngsters from down south who've never played a professional game... 

What inevitably happens next is we end up getting to the last few days of the window and panic signing a whole load of utter cack in the wrong positions.

Why not just come to an agreement to sell Hedges now, rather than faffing about until the day the window closes just for the sake of an extra £50k or something. We've probably wasted that much on Jack Gurr's wages over the past year. Just let him go, take the £150K or whatever Blackburn are offering NOW, and use it to sign someone else - McGrath for example. Holding out for an extra few quid for a guy who wants to leave anyway is daft, especially if it's going to prevent us bringing in our first choice replacement. Same with Ferguson - I think we should let him go in this window, he's been wanting away for at least a year now and his value is probably as high as it's going to be - take £3m if someone's offering it NOW, and get the ball rolling on spending some of the money on other players who can come in and strengthen the team. 

for the sake of £150 K they probably think they are better off holding on to Hedges until the end of the season and letting him go for nought 

4 minutes ago, Millerdon said:

I think there is still talent to be found in the lower leagues in Scotland.

Watching Patrick v Killie just now, and the Partick team has Foster and Smith, while Killie have Taylor and Hendry. I’m sure all could do a turn for the Dons. 

The Killie manager seems to know what he’s doing as well.

Hey DM, how's the weather?

4 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Is this not why he employed a director of football,, are you saying DC has no faith in the prawcess???
ffs have some faith.

Faith? ?

I have faith that most of the shit players we get rid of will be replaced with similar & we will be stuck with half the shit players he brought in in summer.

Oh & we may have Devlin fit ?

1 hour ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I'm sure I read in the reliable press that Blackburn are looking elsewhere.
I don't think he will go in this window, I hope he does.

Blackburn are close to signing a winger from Man City i think and just signed a wing back today from either Germany or Holland. If they want him they'll probably just get him on a pre contract and leave him here till the end of the season. Certainly how it looks like it's playing out. Or they sign him on a pre contract on deadline day and say to us "we'll give you £100k to take him now". Either way i can't see us getting a decent fee for him.