sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

@Ernie McCracken it’s more of a playful jibe than an insult.We’ve every right to be concerned.

We all want to see movement on the transfer front, and it’s worrying that each is saying differing things regarding transfers.

The last few windows haven’t been great, so it’s hugely important we get this one right.

However, there are more than two weeks to go.If we get to the last week, and nothing else has happened, then I’ll begin to get twitchy.

I think the huge gulf between what Cormack says and what actually happens contributes to the bed wetting. And I've got my incontinence sheet on standby

Sevco wont be signing another keeper until McGregor indicates one way or another if he's staying next year

Plus they already have McLaughlin who right now is Scotland's second choice 'keeper. I can't see Clark risking going there where he might win the starting spot. But equally might be 3rd choice. Unless sevco were offering crazy cash in which case he might not give a shit if he plays or not but as I say....until McGregor makes a decision they wont sign anyone

2 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I think the huge gulf between what Cormack says and what actually happens contributes to the bed wetting. And I've got my incontinence sheet on standby

All his bravado when Glass was appointed & before the summer window…

…. then the summer window happened. 

34 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We've seen this movie before... giving it all the chat about doing business early, looking to strengthen... then half way through the window nothing's happened and we start hearing need to move people out before anything happens whilst at the same time saying we don't need to sell anyone... linked with endless guff journeymen from the lower leagues in England, and overrated youngsters from down south who've never played a professional game... 

What inevitably happens next is we end up getting to the last few days of the window and panic signing a whole load of utter cack in the wrong positions.

Why not just come to an agreement to sell Hedges now, rather than faffing about until the day the window closes just for the sake of an extra £50k or something. We've probably wasted that much on Jack Gurr's wages over the past year. Just let him go, take the £150K or whatever Blackburn are offering NOW, and use it to sign someone else - McGrath for example. Holding out for an extra few quid for a guy who wants to leave anyway is daft, especially if it's going to prevent us bringing in our first choice replacement. Same with Ferguson - I think we should let him go in this window, he's been wanting away for at least a year now and his value is probably as high as it's going to be - take £3m if someone's offering it NOW, and get the ball rolling on spending some of the money on other players who can come in and strengthen the team. 

To be fair. If anyone offered 3m for Ferguson  I reckon we would have snapped their hands off by now.   We maybe holding out for more cash for Hedges as we don’t have a suitable replacement lined up. He may be worth more to us just staying until end of season.   I think McGrath is holding out for an English team tbh.  
I’m not pant pishing just yet as most deals are done towards the end of the window.  

8 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

@Ernie McCracken it’s more of a playful jibe than an insult.We’ve every right to be concerned.

We all want to see movement on the transfer front, and it’s worrying that each is saying differing things regarding transfers.

The last few windows haven’t been great, so it’s hugely important we get this one right.

However, there are more than two weeks to go.If we get to the last week, and nothing else has happened, then I’ll begin to get twitchy.

In Cormacks defence he was denying a tweet about Jenks leaving and said that we don’t need to sell anyone and if we did it would be on our terms..  technically we don’t.  
I think Glass’s quotes were more along the size of the squad and letting fringe guys go who weren’t getting a game.  I may have missed a quote or two though so stand to  be  corrected 

1 minute ago, Kiriakov33 said:

In Cormacks defence he was denying a tweet about Jenks leaving and said that we don’t need to sell anyone and if we did it would be on our terms..  technically we don’t.  
I think Glass’s quotes were more along the size of the squad and letting fringe guys go who weren’t getting a game.  I may have missed a quote or two though so stand to  be  corrected 

Thats how I see the difference in what both Cormack and Glass said.

55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We've seen this movie before... giving it all the chat about doing business early, looking to strengthen... then half way through the window nothing's happened and we start hearing need to move people out before anything happens whilst at the same time saying we don't need to sell anyone... linked with endless guff journeymen from the lower leagues in England, and overrated youngsters from down south who've never played a professional game... 

What inevitably happens next is we end up getting to the last few days of the window and panic signing a whole load of utter cack in the wrong positions.

Why not just come to an agreement to sell Hedges now, rather than faffing about until the day the window closes just for the sake of an extra £50k or something. We've probably wasted that much on Jack Gurr's wages over the past year. Just let him go, take the £150K or whatever Blackburn are offering NOW, and use it to sign someone else - McGrath for example. Holding out for an extra few quid for a guy who wants to leave anyway is daft, especially if it's going to prevent us bringing in our first choice replacement. Same with Ferguson - I think we should let him go in this window, he's been wanting away for at least a year now and his value is probably as high as it's going to be - take £3m if someone's offering it NOW, and get the ball rolling on spending some of the money on other players who can come in and strengthen the team. 

Hedges hasn't signed a pre-contract with Blackburn yet and there is no offer on the table from them to buy him

Edited by RabidGiraffe

32 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Reading it back, you’re probably right enough tbf.

28 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Hedges hasn't signed a pre-contract with Blackburn yet and there is no offer on the table from them to buy him

They apparently had other options.Maybe we were haggling over a few £k and they’ve fucked us off?

Don corleone, 

that’s one of the best posts you or anyone has submitted for a while 

👏👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Josh Koroma sounds a better quality signing than Basil Brush from Plymouth

I wouldn’t believe that 1. Going by Twitter he’s 1 of Huddersfield’s main men. Did the press conference for the game this weekend. You don’t do stuff like that if you are being shipped out. 

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

That will be in 9 days time.  ?
Do you feel any twitches yet. ?

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I agree we aren't weaker but i just think we've missed a trick not getting players in by now and getting them integrated into our way of playing. Of course it's maybe not for the want of trying but with games now coming rather quickly any incoming players will need to hit the ground running straight away. 

I know I’d would be better but apart from Celtic hardly any clubs have signed any players of note. 

As said previously….the club (under the orders of Davie Cormack) are not going to give Glass free money to spend during this transfer window. Players made way so we could bring in Polvara. Players signed under pre-contract don’t affect this budgetary dealings anyway. Ramsay, Ferguson or Hedges will need to be sold to get others in. If no one wants them then we go as we are. That’s the reality of Davie Cormack being our chairman folks. Get used to it.

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

If Watkins is out for the season as rumoured we are definitely weaker but if he’s fine we’re sound. As I said on another thread he looked brand new clubbing wae JET

Yes if he’s out we would be but that’s cos of injury not because we sold a player or sent back from loan 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

I know I’d would be better but apart from Celtic hardly any clubs have signed any players of note. 

Hibs have signed 4 or 5. Some are unknown quantities granted but i like the look of the boy Clarke they got on loan from Arsenal. If Ewan Henderson turns out to be anywhere near as good as his brother he'll serve them well aswell. St Johnstone signed a few. Although they could all be shite. Who knows. Yes a lot of teams haven't really strengthened but not all of them have the glaring squad issues we have that need addressed. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Hibs have signed 4 or 5. Some are unknown quantities granted but i like the look of the boy Clarke they got on loan from Arsenal. If Ewan Henderson turns out to be anywhere near as good as his brother he'll serve them well aswell. St Johnstone signed a few. Although they could all be shite. Who knows. Yes a lot of teams haven't really strengthened but not all of them have the glaring squad issues we have that need addressed. 

Yes Hibs have signed 5 players but if we signed that 5 players, most of them would of made most on here go into meltdown I think. St Johnston have signed a few because they are bottom of the league and struggling. 

Edited by thurso

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm sure I read in the reliable press that Blackburn are looking elsewhere.
I don't think he will go in this window, I hope he does.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he joined his poofy hairband wearing mate at the orcs 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What's the chances he ends up at the Huns on a Bosman? 

I recon very slim 

I know they are different players, but I would love to swap Hedges for Mcgrath in this window, lets be honest we have the versatile Ojo to fill in any holes...

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

for the sake of £150 K they probably think they are better off holding on to Hedges until the end of the season and letting him go for nought 

Just now, Bournemouth Gee said:

Does this affect the McGrath transfer then?

Starting to look like no fee for Hedges = no fee for McGrath.