sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

2 minutes ago, Stevdon1962 said:

I think mcgrath is holding out to see who else comes in

More likely pure shite coming from the powers that be.

Think McGrath will sign a pre contract at very worst but maybe need a fee in this window to take him now! I’d rather move edges on in the hope we can recruit someone more consistent (no laughing at the back). 

16 minutes ago, Stevdon1962 said:

I think mcgrath is holding out to see who else comes in

I don't think he is.

I think there is still talent to be found in the lower leagues in Scotland.

Watching Patrick v Killie just now, and the Partick team has Foster and Smith, while Killie have Taylor and Hendry. I’m sure all could do a turn for the Dons. 

The Killie manager seems to know what he’s doing as well.

• Haha 1

I can understand Cormacks hesitation to let Glass do another supermarket dash in a transfer window after the arse he made of his first one.

4 minutes ago, Millerdon said:

I think there is still talent to be found in the lower leagues in Scotland.

Watching Patrick v Killie just now, and the Partick team has Foster and Smith, while Killie have Taylor and Hendry. I’m sure all could do a turn for the Dons. 

The Killie manager seems to know what he’s doing as well.

Hey DM, how's the weather?

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I can understand Cormacks hesitation to let Glass do another supermarket dash in a transfer window after the arse he made of his first one.

Is this not why he employed a director of football,, are you saying DC has no faith in the prawcess???
ffs have some faith.

4 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Is this not why he employed a director of football,, are you saying DC has no faith in the prawcess???
ffs have some faith.

Faith? 🤣

I have faith that most of the shit players we get rid of will be replaced with similar & we will be stuck with half the shit players he brought in in summer.

Oh & we may have Devlin fit 👍

24 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That's his problem. He fucking hired him 😂

18 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

ffs have some faith.

The Director of Football is Steven Gunn - he was here in the summer.

It’s the Head of Recruitment Darren Mowbray  that will be suggesting players in this window. 

50 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I know they are different players, but I would love to swap Hedges for Mcgrath in this window, lets be honest we have the versatile Ojo to fill in any holes...

I’d rather swap ojo for McGrath 

1 hour ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I'm sure I read in the reliable press that Blackburn are looking elsewhere.
I don't think he will go in this window, I hope he does.

Blackburn are close to signing a winger from Man City i think and just signed a wing back today from either Germany or Holland. If they want him they'll probably just get him on a pre contract and leave him here till the end of the season. Certainly how it looks like it's playing out. Or they sign him on a pre contract on deadline day and say to us "we'll give you £100k to take him now". Either way i can't see us getting a decent fee for him. 

I guess with Blackburn it all depends if they get promoted for next season. 

Bad luck Ryan. Best knuckle down and get a bit more consistent.

• Upvote 1

It would make sense that if Blackburn have cooled their interest in Hedges then it would also stall any chance of Mcgrath heading north this month.  Hopefully still get him on pre contract  though. 

As I said about a month back, Blackburn have a decent shot at promotion to the EPL. Whilst Hedges would be a useful player for them in the Championship, he'd be a waste of space in the higher division so can totally understand why they might be holding off making any sort of commitment on him. 

Nevertheless McGrath would only cost about £250k. Could be the difference between us making European football or not. It;s a fucking bad day if we can't afford to spend that amount without getting a fee in for someone else first

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

As I said about a month back, Blackburn have a decent shot at promotion to the EPL. Whilst Hedges would be a useful player for them in the Championship, he'd be a waste of space in the higher division so can totally understand why they might be holding off making any sort of commitment on him. 

Nevertheless McGrath would only cost about £250k. Could be the difference between us making European football or not. It;s a fucking bad day if we can't afford to spend that amount without getting a fee in for someone else first

Especially when we "bid" 500k for Boyle in the summer and haven't spent that money anywhere else...

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It;s a fucking bad day if we can't afford to spend that amount without getting a fee in for someone else first

Aye I agree.  Surely we can free up a wee bit now when we're likely to sell Ferguson and Ramsay for decent dosh sooner rather than later. 

Makes the summer window twice as bad if we're hamstrung in January after blowing all the cash on punts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

Especially when we "bid" 500k for Boyle in the summer and haven't spent that money anywhere else...

Did we spend some of that money on Bates?

The club could be better financed after the next couple of home games. 

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If Utd can pay a fee for Watt & we can’t for McGrath it’s pretty sad.

My feeling is that because of the amount of cash Glass spunked on utter dross in summer,  Cormack has hidden the chequebook 

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hedges is not good enough for the top of the English Championship. 

And I agree. Get the money spent. 

We’ll make a multiple of it in the summer by selling just one player.

Stop fucking about. 

what we do in the next two weeks will reveal how serious we are about European group stage football. 

our squad is pretty small taking into account likely injuries...

• Haha 1

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hedges is not good enough for the top of the English Championship. 

And I agree. Get the money spent. 

We’ll make a multiple of it in the summer by selling just one player.

Stop fucking about. 

Hedges (on form) is perfectly able for top of championship/lower EPL.

Fkn sick of this massive over exaggerated belief in quality of Guffy game. 

Hedges is a Welsh (fringe) international & there are some pretty decent players keeping him out. He would have been in their squad last year if not for injuries if not very close. 

Plenty worse players than Hedges in championship/lower EPL

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Did we spend some of that money on Bates?

The club could be better financed after the next couple of home games. 

I don't know if we paid a fee for Bates. If we did then it's pretty poor business considering he had essentially been banished from Hamburg and told he was never going to play and wasn't even allowed to train with the 1st team. 

£350k or whatever St Mirren want is probably the prize money difference for finishing 2 places higher in the league. If we are serious about wanting European football and trying to qualify for the groups then it's money we should be able to spend. After all Cormack's words when Glass was appointed was "spend thousands to make millions".  

3 hours ago, slippers said:

I wouldn’t believe that 1. Going by Twitter he’s 1 of Huddersfield’s main men. Did the press conference for the game this weekend. You don’t do stuff like that if you are being shipped out. 

Fair shout slippers was just getting excited about a decent signing........

35 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hedges (on form) is perfectly able for top of championship/lower EPL.

Fkn sick of this massive over exaggerated belief in quality of Guffy game. 

Hedges is a Welsh (fringe) international & there are some pretty decent players keeping him out. He would have been in their squad last year if not for injuries if not very close. 

Plenty worse players than Hedges in championship/lower EPL

Lower EPL. 
LOL 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lower EPL. 
LOL 

Yes indeed.

There are some utter shite (over paid shite) at many lower EPL teams. 
This delusional arrogance that the EPL (because they pay so much) is 100% packed full with ALL quality players is sad as fk. 
Hedges could quite easily be amongst plenty of them. 

• Haha 1

The Daily Hun is reporting that we have approached Saint Johnstone regarding offer Zander Clark a contract. 

• Upvote 1