Jump to content
sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hedges (on form) is perfectly able for top of championship/lower EPL.

 

 

😂 Like fuck he is.

The idea that we have offered stupid money for him to stay is crazy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think the strong bid refers to the contract we have offered him. Could be wrong though. And the last line of "Aberdeen are looking to bring in players with pace to the front areas" reminds me of Cormack at the end of the last January window tweeting "we tried to get another attacking player with flair and pace but couldn't get it done". We'll get fed the same line this year when it fails to materialise. 

 

I would consider Clark on a pre-contract plus McGrath, a back-up striker for Ramirez (early 20s with potential to improve), and a first choice creative/attacking midfielder/winger of some sort in now as a reasonable window.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Does it not close on the 31st Jan? 

I think time works differently on Shoofta's planet.

Edited by bonzodaddy73

Share this post


Link to post

Some very bitter people on here ago. Last 18 months Hedges has been regarded one of, if not our best player. Now he’s leaving, he’s nothing special. Let’s stop doing this every time a player leaves. We’d all keep him in a heart beat. We just know we won’t now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Some very bitter people on here ago. Last 18 months Hedges has been regarded one of, if not our best player. Now he’s leaving, he’s nothing special. Let’s stop doing this every time a player leaves. We’d all keep him in a heart beat. We just know we won’t now.

I've said he's shit for a very long time.

One footed as fuck in many of my posts 

LOOOOOOOOOOONG before it came about he is leaving. Don't rate the guy.

Share this post


Link to post

I think everyone knows how good Hedges is. It’s more just a frustration of how little he showed it during the last 2 and a half years due to injury and inconsistency. 
 

it was the same when Scott Wright left last year. We all knew we were losing a good player but it wasn’t like you were going to “miss” him. He never really got going at Aberdeen due to injuries and not taking his chances when he got a run

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Some very bitter people on here ago. Last 18 months Hedges has been regarded one of, if not our best player. Now he’s leaving, he’s nothing special. Let’s stop doing this every time a player leaves. We’d all keep him in a heart beat. We just know we won’t now.

He’s been pish. Look back my posts.  Can be replaced in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post

I am not entirely sure being coined our best player of the past 18 months is much praise given how poor we have been during that period. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Some very bitter people on here ago. Last 18 months Hedges has been regarded one of, if not our best player. Now he’s leaving, he’s nothing special. Let’s stop doing this every time a player leaves. We’d all keep him in a heart beat. We just know we won’t now.

No not really

We have always known that he's  horrifically one footed, dreadfully inconsistent ( roughly 1 excellent game, 1 decent game, 2 games where he's totally anonymous and 1 horror show for every 5 appearances)

Also over his time with us he has proven to miss fair old chunks of every season through various niggling injuries.

Don't forget also in his first season with us he was so bad that McInnes dropped him and he barely made the bench for the whole second half of that season. So much so that if you can find the right thread on here, you would see such comments the following pre-season like "i'd forgotten he even played for us" and a cacophony of "get rid....he's shite"

if he had signed our extension I would have been ok about because he's not the only inconsistent player around and when he's excellent he's certainly a matchwinner. But he plainly wants to be elsewhere so I'd rather we got a smallish fee right now if possible and get him moved on.

Share this post


Link to post

On his day, easily our most creative player but inconsistent and injury prone. 

I think the main concern is how he's going to be replaced and that's where the doubts set in. 

If we get another right winger in then fine. We move on. But if he's replaced by Ojo, McLennan or Kennedy for the rest of the season they can get to fuck. 

If you believe the papers then Broom is possibly the guy lined up to replace him.  Who I suspect won't be as good as Hedges' best days on his best days. But he might be more consistent, who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

 

I would consider Clark on a pre-contract plus McGrath, a back-up striker for Ramirez (early 20s with potential to improve), and a first choice creative/attacking midfielder/winger of some sort in now as a reasonable window.   

If we can get McGrath in this window plus a new striker plus a 1st choice creative midfielder yes i'd be happy aswell. I just worry that we won't get them. Nothing has shown so far that we will either. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

I think time works differently on Shoofta's planet.

Give my regards to Alice in wonderland where you obviously are st the present time .  Does it fkn matter if it's 9 days or 12 fkn days until the 31st . You and your FrIends in wonderland believe they will sell Ferguson hedges etc etc and sign the players needed by the 31 st January. Dream on. They are trying to get Clark signed up a goalkeeper when they need a striker a winger a defender. And they face rangers on Tuesday dreaming of s win. ?????????

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Some very bitter people on here ago. Last 18 months Hedges has been regarded one of, if not our best player. Now he’s leaving, he’s nothing special. Let’s stop doing this every time a player leaves. We’d all keep him in a heart beat. We just know we won’t now.

Some just don’t like our players leaving remember Kenny  McLean was a useless hun going to rangers until he signed for norwich, same was said about greame shinnie. 
 

If he’s so rubbish and inconsistent I wouldn’t be to worried if he goes as he will be easily replaced 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Give my regards to Alice in wonderland where you obviously are st the present time .  Does it fkn matter if it's 9 days or 12 fkn days until the 31st . You and your FrIends in wonderland believe they will sell Ferguson hedges etc etc and sign the players needed by the 31 st January. Dream on. They are trying to get Clark signed up a goalkeeper when they need a striker a winger a defender. And they face rangers on Tuesday dreaming of s win. ?????????

When you said 9 days I doubted my maths.

My point still stands that we’ve two weeks before the window “slams” shut, so nae dampening my sheets just yet.

I, along with everybody else, wish we’d be a lot more decisive, and get our business done early.Unfortunately we never really seem to.

Would assume (hope) folks are furiously working hard behind the scenes to get things done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

When you said 9 days I doubted my maths.

My point still stands that we’ve two weeks before the window “slams” shut, so nae dampening my sheets just yet.

I, along with everybody else, wish we’d be a lot more decisive, and get our business done early.Unfortunately we never really seem to.

Would assume (hope) folks are furiously working hard behind the scenes to get things done.

 

Given the performance I’m not holding my breath on anyone working furiously at Pittodrie. Arrogant complacency is the order of the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

. Arrogant complacency . 

GBN 

 

Fronted by Dave Cormack 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Is there going to be a new player announcement before the match on Tuesday  👀

Doubt it. I have absolutely no insider info so this is a total guess... but I reckon we might have someone announced towards the end of the coming week, and then a couple of other things announced in the final week before the window slams shut.

So maybe 3 coming in now (at least one of which will be a loan), and maybe 1 pre-contract announced who will join us in the summer. 

I reckon we'll see one or two leaving the club permanently, and maybe a couple others going out on loan.

Share this post


Link to post

Graeme Shinnie looks like he's leaving Derby and is moving to Wigan. Really surprised another Championship club never came in for him. Much better than fucking League One. 

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Doubt it. I have absolutely no insider info so this is a total guess... but I reckon we might have someone announced towards the end of the coming week, and then a couple of other things announced in the final week before the window slams shut.

So maybe 3 coming in now (at least one of which will be a loan), and maybe 1 pre-contract announced who will join us in the summer. 

I reckon we'll see one or two leaving the club permanently, and maybe a couple others going out on loan.

If we are to sell a player it will need to be next week if Cormack is serious when he means he won't be entertaining any bids in the last week of the window. 

Share this post


Link to post

Disappointing that fuck all incomings of any substance has happened before we restart.

We could’ve done with a player or two to improve the starting X1 before the game against the scum.

And apparently Ryan Broom not starting for Plymouth again. Fuck that if he’s supposedly lined up as Ryan Hedges replacement. 

Edited by WesthillWanderersFC

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disappointing that fuck all incomings of any substance has happened before we restart.

We could’ve done with a player or two to improve the starting X1 before the game against the scum.

And apparently Ryan Broom not starting for Plymouth again. Fuck that if he’s supposedly lined up as Ryan Hedges replacement. 

But predictable! I hope the club prove me wrong but I suspect this will be another really poor window. When was last time we had a decent/good transfer window? 

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Graeme Shinnie looks like he's leaving Derby and is moving to Wigan. Really surprised another Championship club never came in for him. Much better than fucking League One. 

He took the best part of a season before he could get a regular game at Derby

Rooney seems to like him and supposedly wants to keep him but they're pretty certain to get relegated and with their financial situation still unclear going to Wigan who have a very reasonable chance of promotion is a sensible move for him. Rooney was furious earlier in the week that Derby had to release Phil Jagielka because their financial situation is still a mess and it wouldnt surprise me if their administrators have insisted that Derby accept Wigan's bid.

We all loved Shinnie but nevertheless as a footballer he is quite limited and hes now past his 30th birthday so I'm not massively surprised that there hasn't been massive interest in him

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He took the best part of a season before he could get a regular game at Derby

Rooney seems to like him and supposedly wants to keep him but they're pretty certain to get relegated and with their financial situation still unclear going to Wigan who have a very reasonable chance of promotion is a sensible move for him. Rooney was furious earlier in the week that Derby had to release Phil Jagielka because their financial situation is still a mess and it wouldnt surprise me if their administrators have insisted that Derby accept Wigan's bid.

We all loved Shinnie but nevertheless as a footballer he is quite limited and hes now past his 30th birthday so I'm not massively surprised that there hasn't been massive interest in him

Makes sense. These 30+ guys probably need to be coming in on a free. Saw Maynor Figueroa's team option also wasn't picked up. Older CB with european experience. I believe he's going to be in tonight in a friendly against Colombia. Two free agent CBs available between him and the younger Calvo. Seems like a good fit at this level for either. Even at 38 he'd provide cover at cb

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, slippers said:

But predictable! I hope the club prove me wrong but I suspect this will be another really poor window. When was last time we had a decent/good transfer window? 

It’s been a while.

Hopefully Glass has as little to do with it as possible after the summer fiasco. 

Share this post


Link to post

Roldan (sounders) and wisdom both look out of contract too.

Scratch that... roldan signed yesterday

Edited by PondHopper

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disappointing that fuck all incomings of any substance has happened before we restart.

We could’ve done with a player or two to improve the starting X1 before the game against the scum.

And apparently Ryan Broom not starting for Plymouth again. Fuck that if he’s supposedly lined up as Ryan Hedges replacement. 

Reckon they must be happy enough with the squad?

It’s all just a little bit meh, no real players that I can say I look forward to watching when seeing us play.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Reckon they must be happy enough with the squad?

It’s all just a little bit meh, no real players that I can say I look forward to watching when seeing us play.

There’s a good few that are surplus to requirements, past it, &/or not good enough.

Glass has amassed a larger squad than he needs, but it’s unbalanced & clearly not good enough.

We don’t need more players, we need better players. In an ideal world, we should get rid of about 7-8 & bring in 3-4. 

It’s a mess, part legacy of McInnes & part due to Glass not having a clue & being way out his depth. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...