sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

We should 100% take whatever fee we can get for hedges now but this delusional shite that he’s not good enough for top of championship or lower EPL shite is nonsense. We weren’t that far off Burnley when we played them. Not like they slaughtered us. 
There is no denying there are some real quality players/sides in EPL but the exaggerated quality of ALL in EPL is BS

I think the club have realized how bad the last couple of transfer windows have been and are overly cautious in ensuring they "get it right".

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We should 100% take whatever fee we can get for hedges now but this delusional shite that he’s not good enough for top of championship or lower EPL shite is nonsense. We weren’t that far off Burnley when we played them. Not like they slaughtered us. 
There is no denying there are some real quality players/sides in EPL but the exaggerated quality of ALL in EPL is BS

Strangely enough, no EPL team has tried to sign him in all his time with us, Even the shite ones at the bottom.

I agree that for the most part Guffball is vastly over-rated.

But Hedges' just isn't consistent enough to play at the top level. 

Edited by Ten Caat

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Of that lot.......I think Hayes might get another year. He's lost his pace but gives a bit of cover for a few positions down the left. 

And he's still faster than most.

2 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I'd like to see Andy stay in the organization when he can no longer play. 

👍

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Love Northern Soul

• Like 1

Griffiths has been given the bullet by Celtic. The club better not even think about it 😂. That would tip fans over the edge. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Strangely enough, no EPL team has tried to sign him in all his time with us, Even the shite ones at the bottom.

I agree that for the most part Guffball is vastly over-rated.

But Hedges' just isn't consistent enough to play at the top level. 

Yes but the point is that a shit load of lower EPL teams also aren’t consistent enough to play at the top level 🤔

Hedges is perfectly capable of being in those sides. Especially when on form. 

45 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Griffiths has been given the bullet by Celtic. The club better not even think about it 😂. That would tip fans over the edge. 

Don't think we'll go anywhere near him.

Incredible that we only have one recognised striker in the squad though. If Ramirez gets injured the day after the window shuts, who on earth do we play up front for the rest of the season?! JET who can't run and would constantly be hanging about on the half way line when we need him in the box.... Watkins who's injured every other week and isn't really a goal scorer... McLennan whose a winger and utter cack... McGinn who's past it now sadly... I can't even think of any other options. I think we've been extremely lucky up until this point that he's not missed a game through injury - I highly doubt whether he'll make it through the next few months playing every minute of every game.

Surely we'll at least sign a striker on loan in this window?!

19 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yes but the point is that a shit load of lower EPL teams also aren’t consistent enough to play at the top level 🤔

He really, really isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Incredible that we only have one recognised striker in the squad though. If Ramirez gets injured the day after the window shuts, who on earth do we play up front for the rest of the season?! JET who can't run and would constantly be hanging about on the half way line when we need him in the box.... Watkins who's injured every other week and isn't really a goal scorer... McLennan whose a winger and utter cack... McGinn who's past it now sadly... I can't even think of any other options. I think we've been extremely lucky up until this point that he's not missed a game through injury - I highly doubt whether he'll make it through the next few months playing every minute of every game.

De ja fucking vu

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Glass will probably try and do a Guardiola and play a midfielder as a "false 9". And when said midfielder scores a goal Cormack will be on Sportsound blowing his own trumpet about how brilliant a decision it was to hire Glassdiola as manager. 

But, in all aeriousness, we need at least 1 striker in this window. Still need at least 2 more aswell. Polvara is on his way over now but i don't think anyone should really be expecting much from him this season. Probably next season before he's ready for a regular role. But i fear that's not what will come out of the club. 

10 hours ago, super_al said:

I think the club have realized how bad the last couple of transfer windows have been and are overly cautious in ensuring they "get it right".

I heard the club were considering a new approach to the transfer windows….sign nobody. That way, we can’t complain at the quality of people we bring in. Go Davie Cormack!

9 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Consider it done

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He really, really isn’t. 

But he is. Really.

This delusional love of Guffy football really needs reeled in. 

This is exactly why the English football national side is so shit. Delusions of grandeur has really taken hold of the dumb fks. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But he is. Really.

This delusional love of Guffy football really needs reeled in. 

This is exactly why the English football national side is so shit. Delusions of grandeur has really taken hold of the dumb fks. 

I have no love of English football. None.

It’s over-rated.

But your eyes are painted on if you think Hedges could play in the EPL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I have no love of English football. None.

It’s over-rated.

But your eyes are painted on if you think Hedges could play in the EPL

But It's also pretty daft for anyone to claim that the English national team aren't one of the best around these days. 

Edited by aberdeen1970
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

😂😂

Good een , min !!!

Hedges , is a decent player at our level  “when on form” , as you put it. 

But in case you haven’t noticed , very few , if any, players that are , at best , decent at our level , get anywhere near the EPL.

Kenny McLean , for instance , was outstanding for us (and an infinitely better player than Hedges) but I think the most that can be said of him is that he doesn’t look out of place in a team that yo-yo between the bottom of the EPL and the Championship. 

Cant think of any current players other than Robertson , Tierney and John McGinn that have made the transition from the Scottish Premiership to the EPL and are regarded as being among the top players for their English club.

Edited by redone

Jack tucker on a free from down south being rumoured. Young CH, Celtic and the Huns were offering 1.5mill for him last summer but on a free now, decent enough pedigree, gillingham young player of the year 2 year on the trot

• Upvote 1

Seems a strange move unless we plan to ship Gallagher out. Already have centre backs contracted for next season,  Considine will likely get another year and Devlin getting another deal. Maybe the plan is to play 10 centre backs and shithouse 0-0draws. 

Edited by AyrshireSheep

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The guy writes for The Sun 

File under bollocks 

He's normally spot on though. He broke the Cosgrove transfer. He might write for a complete rag but he knows what he's talking about

Regular in League One for the last 2.5 seasons amassing just over 100 appearances. Just turned 22.

Feels like a more appropriate demographic to be looking at. 

Caveat - they are sitting rock bottom of League 1.

Edited by aberdeen1970

Shinnie to Wigan for 30k. Surely we’re a more attractive option to him than Wigan. Should be right in there at that low a few.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Regular in League One for the last 2.5 seasons amassing just over 100 appearances. Just turned 22.

Were there not rumours of the cheeks wanting him last summer? 

1 minute ago, Dave Bus said:

Shinnie to Wigan for 30k. Surely we’re a more attractive option to him than Wigan. Should be right in there at that low a few.

Funny how ruthless administrators are when they aren't working with the Huns. 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

Were there not rumours of the cheeks wanting him last summer? 

Aye, apparently so. 

13 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

If McInnes was still in charge there would be no doubt we'd be back after him. But the wages on offer from Wigan would blow us out of the water. 

What about doidge.  Not sure there is much to the rumours of dundee interest.  Thought he just signed an extension but did we not try for him back in 2018. It would be nice to have a second striker.  Still shocked that hibs continue to add without selling anyone. Now saying that neither doig and nesbitt look as good as they did last year.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Middle paragraph nails it