sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

Just now, King Street Loon said:

Hmm what?

Administrators must be squeezing like fuck. 
Surely they should be getting a multiple of that, especially in that mad country. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Surely they should be getting a multiple of that, especially in that mad country. 

The deal hasn't went down well with the Derby fans. Mostly because they're gutted to see him go and also because of the paltry fee the admi accepted. 

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The deal hasn't went down well with the Derby fans. Mostly because they're gutted to see him go and also because of the paltry fee the admi accepted. 

I can’t believe they haven’t got at least £500k.

More.

Seems an horrendous deal for Derby. 

The rhetoric coming from Glass has now changed. Our transfer strategy is out of control and he’s struggling to try and appear like there’s a plan, but the use of the word “fix”, multiple times, means he thinks things are broken. I also find it interesting he said “If I see bits and pieces in training I need to handle I will”. That statement is absolutely aimed at certain want-away players, and he put it in the public domain to make sure the player knows they can’t down tools.

Normally, no one would expect much from a January transfer window due to the quality of player generally not being available. However, the previous summer window was such a debacle that Glass seriously needed to improve the squad.

2 minutes ago, 1983 said:

The rhetoric coming from Glass has now changed. Our transfer strategy is out of control and he’s struggling to try and appear like there’s a plan, but the use of the word “fix”, multiple times, means he thinks things are broken. I also find it interesting he said “If I see bits and pieces in training I need to handle I will”. That statement is absolutely aimed at certain want-away players, and he put it in the public domain to make sure the player knows they can’t down tools.

Normally, no one would expect much from a January transfer window due to the quality of player generally not being available. However, the previous summer window was such a debacle that Glass seriously needed to improve the squad.

I can see a last minute scramble for loan signings same as last January to tide us through to the summer. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I can see a last minute scramble for loan signings same as last January to tide us through to the summer. 

Hud me back. 

But we’ll be stronger though apparently. 

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not really, they just wanted a high(lsh) wage off their books pronto, he only had 6 months left on his deal and the money they save on that makes the deal more like a £300k transfer (although obviously they cant go out and sign a replacement).

I suspect they saved even more by offloading David Marshall to QPR

Edited by Ten Caat

5 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Aye, the interview just reeked (again) of him being out his depth. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The two major factors holding us back.

1) The manager/coach

2) Shite recruitment

It won’t get better until Glass is gone. He’s out his depth as a coach. 
Until Cormack accepts this it’ll be scrabbling about trying to make the top 6 & wasting the 3rd biggest budget in the league. 

FnD level posting. Same thing over and over. Once will do you piece of shit. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, the interview just reeked (again) of him being out his depth. 

The transfers are on Mowbray, Cormack and Gunn. But, because Glass will feel lucky to be the boss, he won’t be willing to bang heads - same as Gunn. Guess what happens when you surround yourself with sycophants and yes-men…

36 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

FnD level posting. Same thing over and over. Once will do you piece of shit. 

The next time I listen to you is the first time, you gullible cunt 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s the good thing about not signing anyone….we can keep the fighting amongst ourselves to a decent level.

Glass should operate with more class than suggesting McGrath can’t handle the pressure of being an Aberdeen player. Not a good look for the club and makes Glass come across as an arsehole.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That doesn’t make any sense 

6 minutes ago, Eugenefani said:

Glass should operate with more class than suggesting McGrath can’t handle the pressure of being an Aberdeen player. Not a good look for the club and makes Glass come across as an arsehole.

Daft thing to say. Unnecessary. 

No issue with us moving on though. 
McGrath apparently hasn’t turned down our offer, he just wants to explore other interest.

He can double his money. Fair enough.

Move on without the need for that. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It does, unless you’re thick 🤣

It’s called an education 

55 minutes ago, Eugenefani said:

Agreed, he just came over as sore loser and a bit of a fanny.

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

What an extremely boring transfer window. 

Mind the days when we took in 3 centre forwards in Jan? 

Those were the days. 

Pity all 3 were shite and we barely scored for the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

What an extremely boring transfer window. 

After the complete cock up Glass made of his first window. Do you really think he was going to be given the keys to the transfer bus again so soon? 🤣

Club would do better offering up this transfer window in a raffle on here than letting Glass make another cunt of it.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Mind the days when we took in 3 centre forwards in Jan? 

Those were the days. 

Pity all 3 were shite and we barely scored for the rest of the season. 

It’s honestly the pits so far. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

After the complete cock up Glass made of his first window. Do you really think he was going to be given the keys to the transfer bus again so soon? 🤣

Club would do better offering up this transfer window in a raffle on here than letting Glass make another cunt of it.

Cormack has obviously lost interest after the first half of the season. Glass is paying the consequences for making a mess of the first transfer window. 
Could Cormack be saving funds for the summer transfer window when we could possibly have a new manager…he’s obviously bored with Glass already.

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think the reality of it all has kicked in for Cormack now and he's realising it's not as easy as just turning up with his shiny teeth and folders full of Americanised ideas to transform us into a major force again and give the fans the time of their life when they come to Pittodrie. We're definitely seeing and hearing a lot less of him now.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of his ideas have been quite good and refreshing BUT at the bottom line is what happens on the pitch, and it's been honking. That's down to the manager he brought in, and the garbage players and tactics he's employed.

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

14 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s honestly the pits so far. 

Cormack has obviously lost interest after the first half of the season. Glass is paying the consequences for making a mess of the first transfer window. 
Could Cormack be saving funds for the summer transfer window when we could possibly have a new manager…he’s obviously bored with Glass already.

Hopefully Cormack has realised (& admits) his mistake in trying to convince everyone that Glass was ‘the best candidate’ unless ‘best candidate’ actually meant best puppet.

Remember how Glass said Gurr would surprise us all & how Scottish football fans don’t realise just how good JET is. Glass has no clue about what is required as manager at Aberdeen. Simple as that. He is genuinely out of his depth. His first 10/11 signings proved this. 

Haven’t heard much ‘Top 100 club’ chat from Cormack lately either, or anything really.  Honeymoon period well & truly over.

Edited by fine-n-dandy

In fairness to Glass, Gurr did surprise all of us who were at Kirkcaldy the day we got papped out the cup. I didn’t think anyone could be a bad as that.

11 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Even Mcinnes has signed more than us

What’s that or he got to do with it?

So have half the clubs in Scotland.

We should’ve had someone in before the scum game though. A forward/wide player. 

So Cormack bought Hernandez, forced him on McInnes (whilst trying to say the management team scouted him and wanted him but also refused to play him) and has lost money in the process. 

Get it fucking up you.