January 2022 transfer window

Watt is definitely worth taking a punt on but he had a trial period with us almost 4 years and we obviously chose not to sign him at that point....might still harbour a bit of a grudge? On the other hand, we'd pay him a shitload more than he earns at 'Well.

I'd think that the Edinburgh sides will both be interested, as will United so even if we do show an interest it would by no means be certain he'd sign up

Potentially a new goalie (despite Lewis' recent form), an attacking midfielder, another striker (if Ramirez gets injured...yikes), a centre back and controversial opinion here but I feel we could improve on our left back position.

It's a tough one because I feel like we have a very decent group of players that just needs some time to adapt to Glass' system. 

32 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Potentially a new goalie (despite Lewis' recent form), an attacking midfielder, another striker (if Ramirez gets injured...yikes), a centre back and controversial opinion here but I feel we could improve on our left back position.

It's a tough one because I feel like we have a very decent group of players that just needs some time to adapt to Glass' system. 

Hedges replacement is needed for sure. Defence is a difficult 1 now we seem a little settled and also have Gallagher back with considine potentially in next few months. We also have the young lad Hancock who we should see before the end of the season if he’s good enough. Connor Barron by all accounts is playing really well for Kelty, spoke to someone at club other day so hopefully bodes well for next season. Ryan Duncan another that will hopefully take his chance at Peterhead now he’s fit. Would be great if we just had to add 2/3 players each window to complement the youth. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, slippers said:

Hedges replacement is needed for sure. Defence is a difficult 1 now we seem a little settled and also have Gallagher back with considine potentially in next few months. We also have the young lad Hancock who we should see before the end of the season if he’s good enough. Connor Barron by all accounts is playing really well for Kelty, spoke to someone at club other day so hopefully bodes well for next season. Ryan Duncan another that will hopefully take his chance at Peterhead now he’s fit. Would be great if we just had to add 2/3 players each window to complement the youth. 

Getting the Hedges replacement in regardless of whether Hedges goes or not is number 1 priority for January window.

Probably need to understand the outlook for players leaving before giving it much more thought than that.

20 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Watt is definitely worth taking a punt on but he had a trial period with us almost 4 years and we obviously chose not to sign him at that point....might still harbour a bit of a grudge? On the other hand, we'd pay him a shitload more than he earns at 'Well.

I'd think that the Edinburgh sides will both be interested, as will United so even if we do show an interest it would by no means be certain he'd sign up

Watt would be a risk. He's been shite for almost all of his career. 

We should also never sign anyone from Motherwell following the success of McGhee, Hughes, Blackman and Gallagher

7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

We should also never sign anyone from Motherwell following the success of McGhee, Hughes, Blackman and Gallagher

Don't think he was ever shite. He got too much too soon at Celtic and it all went to his head. His attitude was horrific for a number of years after he left them but he seems to have matured and realised his career is past its halfway point. He's got one more decent contract in him and he needs to make the most of it. He'd come in as back up for Ramirez but I think they'd make a decent partnership in certain horses for courses circumstances. But I don't think he's worth getting into a contract bidding war against another club. If we try to get him it should be on our initial offer or he can go elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Yep…he’s shite. Having a wee decent spell at the mo. Prior to this season he’d scored something like 8 goals in total

a no from me

edit - bit more than 8 goals. Must have misheard rich Gordon the other day…

he’s still pish

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Don't think he was ever shite. He got too much too soon at Celtic and it all went to his head. His attitude was horrific for a number of years after he left them but he seems to have matured and realised his career is past its halfway point. He's got one more decent contract in him and he needs to make the most of it. He'd come in as back up for Ramirez but I think they'd make a decent partnership in certain horses for courses circumstances. But I don't think he's worth getting into a contract bidding war against another club. If we try to get him it should be on our initial offer or he can go elsewhere.

Not for me. I’d rather get someone younger in and develop. Would be a lazy signing IMO. Not saying it would be a bad signing but I’m either hopeful or stupid thinking we can source better. 

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Come on. He's about to turn 28 and is simply in a good bit of form the last few months. Been at about 12 clubs and been largely shite. If we were to offer him a decent bit more money to come up to Aberdeen you can be rest assured he'd turn complacent again and be crap

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Come on. He's about to turn 28 and is simply in a good bit of form the last few months. Been at about 12 clubs and been largely shite. If we were to offer him a decent bit more money to come up to Aberdeen you can be rest assured he'd turn complacent again and be crap

And everyone would be moaning about how poor a signing it was having advocated it 6 months prior! 

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

We signed JET who's older in similar circumstances. Is he shite or is his attitude shite? I'd say with him it's 90% his attitude that has stopped him having a much better career....his talent isn't in question.

I'd say the same holds for Watt, although he's at least in a bit better physical shape than JET. I'm not all in on signing him though. There will be players equally as talented and a few years younger becoming available. Just saying that I don't think Watt would be a bad signing provided he maintains his current form and attitude. We could give him a decent payrise on his Motherwell wages and he'd still be pretty cheap compared to most of our squad. 

EDIT....I said that I think the Edinburgh clubs would probably be interested in him. If Hibs sell Nisbet, I think they'd go all in for Watt and even giving him a contract that blew us or anyone else out the water, they'd still be massively quids in.

54 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You forgot the worst of them all, Main.

24 minutes ago, slippers said:

Not for me. I’d rather get someone younger in and develop. Would be a lazy signing IMO. Not saying it would be a bad signing but I’m either hopeful or stupid thinking we can source better. 

Aye let's go for a younger striker, like Samuels the boy from Wolves ?

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We signed JET who's older in similar circumstances. Is he shite or is his attitude shite? I'd say with him it's 90% his attitude that has stopped him having a much better career....his talent isn't in question.

I'd say the same holds for Watt, although he's at least in a bit better physical shape than JET. I'm not all in on signing him though. There will be players equally as talented and a few years younger becoming available. Just saying that I don't think Watt would be a bad signing provided he maintains his current form and attitude. We could give him a decent payrise on his Motherwell wages and he'd still be pretty cheap compared to most of our squad. 

EDIT....I said that I think the Edinburgh clubs would probably be interested in him. If Hibs sell Nisbet, I think they'd go all in for Watt and even giving him a contract that blew us or anyone else out the water, they'd still be massively quids in.

Yep and how’s that working out. Couple of good games every couple of months 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Just the fact that JET is being used as the comparison says it all!

Think Hibs may have missed the boat with selling Nisbet. He just looks like the latest Shankland now. Or maybe I just think all SPFL strikers are shite.... apart from Ramirez of course

37 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I was taking the piss with the younger striker shout.... if they are young and with good potential they ain't coming near Pittodrie I'm afraid. 

I don’t think that’s true! We are a great club for someone with real talent to nail down the number 1 striker spot and push for the Scotland squad. Consi and Ferguson proved you can even at afc 

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Just the fact that JET is being used as the comparison says it all!

Think Hibs may have missed the boat with selling Nisbet. He just looks like the latest Shankland now. Or maybe I just think all SPFL strikers are shite.... apart from Ramirez of course

Hopefully.  Scored a decent goal Saturday though to be fair to the spoon burning cunt

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Hopefully.  Scored a decent goal Saturday though to be fair to the spoon burning cunt

Nisbet is really good even when he doesn't score. Link up in and around the box/hold up play is brilliant. 

Think he'll easy score a move to England. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nisbet isn’t mince. 
That’s just blinkered nonsense. 

Cosgrove in his first 2 seasons scored 20+ goals. Nisbett hasn't done that yet and doesn't look like doing it this season. Also the Hibs fans have a thread moaning about how mince Nisbett has been since last January. He was terrible against us last month.

We can agree on one thing though...he's not as good as Ramirez!

• Upvote 2