sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And then more arguments ensue when Joe Bloggs from Rotherham signs on loan 😄

Joking aside, when was the last transfer window when the majority thought we’d had a good window? 
My memory is a bit hazy as to when we signed players. 

I remember everyone being delighted with the window in 2017. This place was buzzing when we brought in:

Maynard, Arnason, Stewart, Tansey, May, Ball, GMS and Christie.

I've ordered them by how disappointing they were.

This window is fantastic ,  can’t keep up with all the comings and going’s. Cormack and Glass and the Girl Guides they have for scouts are doing a great job. 

26 minutes ago, thurso said:

£3.5m for a scottish international with 2 years on his contract is a bit cheap I think 

I’d take it.
His value has peaked at the Dons IMO. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d take it.

I agree

He wants to be somewhere else and if we let his contract run down even further, his value will start to eradicate if he isn't sold in the summer

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree

He wants to be somewhere else and if we let his contract run down even further, his value will start to eradicate if he isn't sold in the summer

I don’t imagine he’d fancy a move to Italy though.

He’ll probably want to go to Englandshire. 

I'd go for the deal.

£3.5M if you stay up but call it £1.5M and send him back to the Dons if you go down. 

Locks in the £3.5M which is above what I thought we'd be getting

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree

Makes sense

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd go for the deal.

£3.5M if you stay up but call it £1.5M and send him back to the Dons if you go down. 

Locks in the £3.5M which is above what I thought we'd be getting

Italian teams have a history of going bankrupt and doing a sevco. If Cagliari went down I wouldn't want to risk that happening and us getting the player back but with £0 to show for us being without him for 6 months

I'd like to think Cormack & Co would be more savvy than to accept a deal like the one Cagliari are supposedly offering.

Ferguson to Watford for £4mil once they're relegated from the EPL. Thank you for your service and goodbye.

Has someone just made this up, or is this based on genuine information? I've no idea how good / bad Seria A is these days but Ferguson isn't exactly the type of player you'd think would be suited to foreign football. That said, I don't really care where he ends up - if we get an offer of £3m or more I'd accept it. The guy has been wanting away for at least a year now. He's served us well, and that would be a decent price for him I think.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d take it.

I recon his value will peak in the summer and it should be more than £3.5m 

Happily sell him then with kind regard and on his way

Just now, Parklife said:

He'll need to play a damn sight better in the second half of the season if that's to be the case. 

I think he’s a lot better than folk on here make out 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, thurso said:

I recon his value will peak in the summer and it should be more than £3.5m 

Happily sell him then with kind regard and on his way

He'll need to play a damn sight better in the second half of the season if that's to be the case. 

49 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Has someone just made this up, or is this based on genuine information? I've no idea how good / bad Seria A is these days but Ferguson isn't exactly the type of player you'd think would be suited to foreign football. That said, I don't really care where he ends up - if we get an offer of £3m or more I'd accept it. The guy has been wanting away for at least a year now. He's served us well, and that would be a decent price for him I think.

I’d hazard a guess that with the huns game rapidly approaching that it’s made up in a futile attempt to unsettle us.

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think he’s a lot better than folk on here make out 

I think he's a very good player. Unfortunately I don't think he's been playing to his potential for the past year. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I’d hazard a guess that with the huns game rapidly approaching that it’s made up in a futile attempt to unsettle us.

Why would the catholic italian press make up a rumour to help the Scottish Protestant hun fucks? It’s all over their papers and media sites?

34 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think he's a very good player. Unfortunately I don't think he's been playing to his potential for the past year. 

Probably because nobody has a clue under Glass and his philosophy of free flowing fast attacking football which we're still to see in operation. 

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Probably because nobody has a clue under Glass and his philosophy of free flowing fast attacking football which we're still to see in operation. 

Change the record, Derek. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Change the record, Derek. 

Abba greatest hits suffice?

Scotty Burns is scoffing at the prospect of Fergie moving to Cagliari!

… having said that, since the end of McInnes’ tenure, Burns’ stream of reliable information from Pittodrie seems to have dried up somewhat. Coincidence?

Ruth been recalled i see. I wonder if that's with a view to being part of the squad or loaning him out again. If it's the former it seems clear we aren't trying to recruit another striker. Mind you we already have a brilliant squad. 

It could well be Ferguson’s agent at work again. Trying to bring a bit publicity to his player so he is not forgotten about. The best publicity Ferguson could give himself is by excelling in the match this evening and damaging the huns. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I think that’s wrong, this last while he’s taken more responsibility in games, he’s all over the park trying to get on the ball. If he wasn’t playing good he wouldn’t be getting anywhere near the Scotland squad. 

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Scotty Burns is scoffing at the prospect of Fergie moving to Cagliari!

… having said that, since the end of McInnes’ tenure, Burns’ stream of reliable information from Pittodrie seems to have dried up somewhat. Coincidence?

Scott Burns just throws shite at the wall and hopes it sticks. I've never seen anyone so OTK act as if they're ITK.

5 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

This window is fantastic ,  can’t keep up with all the comings and going’s. Cormack and Glass and the Girl Guides they have for scouts are doing a great job. 

This is the second time you’ve tried  that pish statement in as many posts 

are you bored ?
we are viewing this , your getting almost as bad as the bbc with repeats 

So, do we think we'll see any movement between now and the end of the window? I don't think we'll see any permanent signings but maybe 1 or 2 EPL youngsters on loan. It'll be much like last year. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ruth been recalled i see. I wonder if that's with a view to being part of the squad or loaning him out again. If it's the former it seems clear we aren't trying to recruit another striker. Mind you we already have a brilliant squad. 

He lost his place in the Falkirk team and hasn't been getting in the squad since Sheerin got sacked. Would expect that we may look for another loan for him as he definitely isn't ready for SPL.

Hopefully we can find a team where he plays beside a striker as really not suited to being a lone front man playing up on his own. A bit like Bruce Anderson when he went to Ayr last season the clubs they have gone out to and the way they play have really not been suited to helping them develop and gain confidence. Maybe we could see if he could get a loan to Kelty where Connor Barron thrived and it might help get his confidence up again as they seem like a freescoring team.