sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

8 minutes ago, paddy said:

No criticism of him for signing. Not his fault. 

He was out his depth.

The blame lies with Glass who was the only one who thought he’d be up to it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Good riddance 

Are you leaving the site 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He was out his depth.

Aye. He tried his best and probably realised himself he wasn't going to cut it. 

So good luck to the lad. It's nae like he behaved like an arse or anything. 

22 minutes ago, thurso said:

Are you leaving the site 

🤣

I posted that then said to myself I wonder who would be the first to reply saying that. Good on you. You will be happy to know I am staying unlike Jack Gurr.

If gurr is leaving we are a bit sparse in that position 

all the best to him though tried but  his best wasn’t enough to cut it for us and indeed in this league 

Well with Samuels and Gurr away we're already looking stronger. 

Maybe Glass was right about us coming out of the window stronger after all! 

7 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

all the best to him though tried but  his best wasn’t enough to cut it for us and indeed in this league 

No more sparse than we were with him. Ojo was getting played there ahead of him anyway

29 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Gurr gone, Hernandez gone and a strong possibility of Ramsay getting sold. Thank goodness we still have Ojo. 

Edited by RED_JOHN

1 minute ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Just Ojo to ship off, when is his contract up?

This coming summer.

… and “just” Ojo?

You forgot about McLennan, McGinn, Devlin, JET & Kennedy. 

• Upvote 3

True, though I can't see Jet being dumped so soon, but hey, you never know.

McLennan's miss of Ramirez's cross is fucking criminal, he needs put down.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He was out his depth.

The blame lies with Glass who was the only one who thought he’d be up to it. 

Indeed, just as it did with McInnes with Forrester, Gleeson, Wylde etc.

It's been recognised and rectified. They won't be the only managers to sign shite and get rid at the earliest opportunity. 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This coming summer.

… and “just” Ojo?

Thus summer should give plenty scope to get rid of more dead wood and bring in new faces. Can't afford any more Gurr's or Longstaffs though.

10 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

True, though I can't see Jet being dumped so soon, but hey, you never know.

McLennan's miss of Ramirez's cross is fucking criminal, he needs put down.

If he’s the “first sub” for the attack, it shows how weak we are as a squad.

He’s Peterhead level. 

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

Indeed, just as it did with McInnes with Forrester, Gleeson, Wylde etc.

It's been recognised and rectified. They won't be the only managers to sign shite and get rid at the earliest opportunity. 

Thus summer should give plenty scope to get rid of more dead wood and bring in new faces. Can't afford any more Gurr's or Longstaffs though.

Trouble is, JET, Kennedy & McLennan have all another year to go on their contracts after this. 

55 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If he’s the “first sub” for the attack, it shows how weak we are as a squad.

He’s Peterhead level. 

Agreed, wtf is Jet doing in training that this arse is being picked ahead of him.
Fingers crossed this cull of crap is to make way for decent replacements, and the cull continues.

8 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Unfortunately think it’s just a cull of numbers no one else coming in 

If that turns out to be the case both Glass and Cormack need their baws parted. Glass for building such a shite squad in the summer and Cormack for hiring a shite manager. If we are sitting with the same players come February then we should be looking at a root and branch clear out of the whole place. 

I retain hope that we can pull a couple of rabbits out the hat as we need to build on what was a decent performance and result last night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This coming summer.

… and “just” Ojo?

Not forgetting Campbell.

20 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Not forgetting Campbell.

How could we? 

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This coming summer.

… and “just” Ojo?

Gallagher 

It’s all went quiet on the transfer front so it’s time to step up a gear…..

Dean Campbell unfortunately won’t be going anywhere on loan due to the lack of interested parties.

We are stuck with Joe want away Lewis until the summer due to a lack of interested parties wanting to sign him now.

Jamie McGrath is having second thoughts and is now genuinely interested in coming to Aberdeen.

As stated from the start…Tottenham Hotspur are the favourites to sign Calvin Ramsay. 

21 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Dean Campbell unfortunately won’t be going anywhere on loan due to the lack of interested parties.

We are stuck with Joe want away Lewis until the summer due to a lack of interested parties wanting to sign him now.

Jamie McGrath is having second thoughts and is now genuinely interested in coming to Aberdeen.

As stated from the start…Tottenham Hotspur are the favourites to sign Calvin Ramsay. 

Find that difficult to believe as Wigan are just about to table a bid for him. He'll be away there by the start of next week imo. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

📞  🐂💩

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:46 AM, AyrshireSheep said:

The previous manager was always able to attract players though. Players all wanted to play under him. 

Was he? Did they? 

I'd question that.

He was able to attract some players, and some players seem to have liked him and even liked his lackadaisical training methods.

There were others who didn't seem overly impressed with him phoning it in and not putting in the effort.

I do suspect that you are remembering McInnes' transfer dealings with overdue fondness, and a rose-tinted memory which doesn't actually reflect reality.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Was he? Did they? 

I'd question that.

He was able to attract some players, and some players seem to have liked him and even liked his lackadaisical training methods.

There were others who didn't seem overly impressed with him phoning it in and not putting in the effort.

I do suspect that you are remembering McInnes' transfer dealings with overdue fondness, and a rose-tinted memory which doesn't actually reflect reality.

You suspect wrong. I'm far from a McInnes fan boy. I wanted him out the door as much as the next person. But look at all the interviews from when players signed. Mostly, they all said how influential he was in them signing. McCrorie for example. Heading to Hibs then McInnes gets on the blower. Same with Ojo. Now i'm not saying every single signing was like that and i'm sure there were a few who came purely for the money and once here they didn't particularly like McInnes. But, in the main i'd say McInnes was better at being able to talk players info coming to the club. In all honesty, i reckon Scott Brown has more influence on players coming here than Glass does. You know what you get from Brown. Proven winner, one of the most decorated players in the Scottish game. What does Glass bring to the table? Failed tenure as assistant manager in Ireland, coaching reserve football in America and unable to step up to the big league there. 

• Upvote 1