sooth_stander

January 2022 transfer window

I know the reality of the situation we are in means we won’t win the league but at the start of the season I honestly thought it was achievable. How disappointing it is we are debating whether we will finish 3rd, 4th or below. Hopefully next season it might change for the better.

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We'll have to face them later on in the 3rd round of fixtures. Yes it's possible that Hearts could lose all 3 and we catch them. But fast forward another 8 weeks from that point and it's entirely possible that Hearts are back 9 points ahead with us having lost to those 3 sides and with the split closing in. Hopefully not........but I'd far rather be in Hearts' shoes right now, looking like they can only throw 3rd place away than us sitting in 6th and with a couple of booby-trapped difficult away fixtures against St Mirren and Coonty sandwiching a home game against a surely fighting for their lives desperate St Johnstone. 9 points from those 3 games would be a far better outcome for us than a lot would give credit for. 

My confidence is growing that we can get 3rd. We need a couple of good signings in attacking third and I think we could go on a solid run. Don't fear Celtic or Rangers on Tuesdays showing. We defiantly need to beat hearts in the 2 remaining games against them.

Any ITK cunts got wind of any signings? 

Starting to look like we'll either not add anyone, or we'll scramble in a couple last minute loans. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

In some respects, given this was always going to be a transitional season, and with us being hamstrung with a newbie manager that most of us think is not fit for purpose, 4th would probably be acceptable IF a clear and improving picture could be envisioned for next season and beyond, in terms of youngsters breaking into the side, recruitment corrected to target younger and more ambitious players, and all done within a framework of an attractive playing style.

A big if……

If he finishes top 4 and wins the Scottish Cup I'll gladly eat humble pie. 

56 minutes ago, slippers said:

My confidence is growing that we can get 3rd. We need a couple of good signings in attacking third and I think we could go on a solid run. Don't fear Celtic or Rangers on Tuesdays showing. We defiantly need to beat hearts in the 2 remaining games against them.

Does it need to be defiant? 

On 1/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, starryfish said:

Jack Gurr away as well I'm told, another who didn't quite have the impact expected.

Stick with me lads, I'll keep you right. 

Edited by starryfish
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Stick with me lads, I'll keep you right. 

Finally, someone actually itk!  😉

21 hours ago, paddy said:

Thank fcuk for that what a waste of a shirt.

It’s just a shame that Glass and fcukin Cormack are not heading back there with him on the same flight.

6 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But, in the main i'd say McInnes was better at being able to talk players info coming to the club. 

I can see why you might think that, but there's quite a bit of guesswork in there too.

Under McInnes Aberdeen were probably the second best destination in Scottish football. Not a very successful club by any means, but one which paid well and generally sat around the top end of the table. No relegation worries or undue stress. Was the sales pitch really that hard?

On the other hand we've only seen one and a half transfer windows from Glass. It's a bit early to judge.

5 hours ago, thurso said:

Who didn’t seem overly impressed with him. Nearly all the players or even ex players iv heard in interviews speak very highly of mccinnes 

There have been a number of players who, upon exiting the club have made remarks about the intensity of the training. Sam Cosgrove was one of them, but I remember there being others.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Any ITK cunts got wind of any signings? 

Starting to look like we'll either not add anyone, or we'll scramble in a couple last minute loans. 

I know what my money would be on.

English diddies on loan from League One 

On 1/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, starryfish said:

Jack Gurr away as well I'm told, another who didn't quite have the impact expected.

I’d disagree.

I think he had EXACTLY the impact expected… apart from one person 

15 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

I can see why you might think that, but there's quite a bit of guesswork in there too.

Under McInnes Aberdeen were probably the second best destination in Scottish football. Not a very successful club by any means, but one which paid well and generally sat around the top end of the table. No relegation worries or undue stress. Was the sales pitch really that hard?

On the other hand we've only seen one and a half transfer windows from Glass. It's a bit early to judge.

There have been a number of players who, upon exiting the club have made remarks about the intensity of the training. Sam Cosgrove was one of them, but I remember there being others.

Aye i'll give you that. Cosgrove ripped McInnes a new hoop when he left. Was quite amusing actually. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I know what my money would be on.

English diddies on loan from League One 

Ok lads.

It appears we have run out of actual news to get annoyed about. To maintain our constant state of misery we're going to need to just make up stuff to get angry about.

I'll do my part:

I don't know who we're going to sign next but we'll probably try to sign someone shit. An overrated defensive midfielder on loan from an English league two team.  And he'll probably look like he has an extra chromosome and have a silly name like Timmy Stinkballs.

:angry2:

7 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Ok lads.

It appears we have run out of actual news to get annoyed about. To maintain our constant state of misery we're going to need to just make up stuff to get angry about.

I'll do my part:

I don't know who we're going to sign next but we'll probably try to sign someone shit. An overrated defensive midfielder on loan from an English league two team.  And he'll probably look like he has an extra chromosome and have a silly name like Timmy Stinkballs.

:angry2:

That’s where Russ Richardson’s wee black book went. 

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

Thank fcuk for that what a waste of a shirt.

It’s just a shame that Glass and fcukin Cormack are not heading back there with him on the same flight.

He was an absolutely dreadful player. I never seen any potential in the lad, he lacked awareness and have very limited ability as a footballer. It’s for the best he is away. 

New information just in….Calvin Ramsay is definitely of strong interest to Spurs and they are hoping to do a deal with Aberdeen to complete the signing of the talented full back. A loan back being the sticking point but a young forward Dane Scarlett could be used as part of the deal as he would be given to Aberdeen on loan. 
This didn’t come from Milne or Brown so should be taken seriously.

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

New information just in….Calvin Ramsay is definitely of strong interest to Spurs and they are hoping to do a deal with Aberdeen to complete the signing of the talented full back. A loan back being the sticking point but a young forward Dane Scarlett could be used as part of the deal as he would be given to Aberdeen on loan. 

A 17 year old isn't the type of back up we need for Ramirez. Seems highly thought of at Spurs and if they only want to send him on loan for 6 months i don't see how we benefit from it. 

2 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Pointless loan in a very far fetched story

He got the name wrong , it’s Scarlett Johnson on loan, Mcinnes will be pissed off. 

If Spurs are only offering £15 million for Traore we ain’t getting much for Ramsay 

Trust me folks. I have even given you a name. I don’t know much about the lad at all except he is very highly rated at Tottenham and they are looking to loan him out. Calvin Ramsay is a transfer target for Spurs. They will get a deal done.

16 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

A 17 year old isn't the type of back up we need for Ramirez. Seems highly thought of at Spurs and if they only want to send him on loan for 6 months i don't see how we benefit from it. 

Fuck me.
Don’t reply to the attention seeking moron.

23 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Trust me folks. I have even given you a name. I don’t know much about the lad at all except he is very highly rated at Tottenham and they are looking to loan him out. Calvin Ramsay is a transfer target for Spurs. They will get a deal done.

Ramsey is going nowhere  this window.

2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Who are they. And intensity in training doesn’t mean they didn’t like him or his methods.
Sam cosgrove said that when he joined a new team. The training he was doing here must of been working as he scored a barrowload of goals here but none anywhere else 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I buy houses in places I don’t even live & I don’t have as much money as Lewis I am pretty sure. Buying a house rather than renting one just means he has sense not to waste money really. 

Really? I defo had Fine n Dandy down as still living at home waiting to leave the family nest. Certainly didn’t have him down as successful enough to have multiple homes based on his posts 😂😂

33 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Trust me folks.

Maybe if 99% of your posts weren't toilet talk we could. 

8 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Mcinnes had the gift of the glezga gab.  A big patter merchant, that kept the key to India inside his BEARD.     And along with mcoist should keep his blue nosed trap shut. 

My guess is this clue is the bin.

Nostalgic quiz show: 3-2-1 featuring Ted Rogers & Dusty Bin – retrohen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I'm guessing it came from the Calvin Ramsay thread on the main messageboard. 

• Haha 1

It’s one up from the summer post basically saying we will sign someone! In a window it’s a given