January 2022 transfer window

4 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

What a shambles of a transfer window so far

Reason being . ————-Shambles Cormack and Glass.  Cormack needs to keep his trap shut regarding the business will be done early in the January window and getting the supporters all wound up, thinking there would be a few decent additions coming in.    But he was correct, he knew there wasn’t going to be new signings arriving in this window. And so did glass. 

Yeh originally liked cormacks open approach but now it’s just getting annoying. Talking a big game of being the team to bridge the gap between OF and the rest. Hearts are 11 clear of us in third, which comes with extra dough of 3 million this year (minimum conference league groups) may I add. We should be investing heavily with a speculate to accumulate approach and that should’ve started with McGrath in the door in week 1. Big 10 days ahead.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

It's a bit of a risk considering he's the only proper "no9" we have. How many teams do you know that run with 1 recognised striker? Only other one i can thunk of is maybe Man City. JET isn't a striker in a million years and if the management team brought him to be one then that's a sackable offence in itself. Watkins isn't an out and out striker either. So it's mot as if the striker situation has suddenly been sprung upon us. Neither is the lack of creativity. 

If Ramirez has not had a history of muscle injuries he will be playing every game like Rooney usually did. As you say we need someone creative so if someone comes in I’d rather it was spent of a good attacking midfielder not that it’s likely to happen 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

If Ramirez has not had a history of muscle injuries he will be playing every game like Rooney usually did. As you say we need someone creative so if someone comes in I’d rather it was spent of a good attacking midfielder not that it’s likely to happen 

We had to sign Simon Church to cover for Rooney getting injured. Fortunately his injury came at a time we were able to do so.

Glass should be sacked if he doesn’t get cover for Ramirez. We basically have one fkn striker because JET is a waste of fkn skin

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s where I recognised him from.

He was the fkr that looked after Lady Diana wasn’t he?

It’s a disgrace the manager of Aberdeen FC has to report to someone of the ilk of Steven Gunn. No wonder Cormack had to employ Glass…no one worth their salt would have taken that job. That and the fact that Davie Cormack is a total conman. I myself was chuffed when I found out he was talking over from Stewart Milne but the reality is he is powderpuff.

To answer your question on Diana….no, it was a descendent of murderers and rapists who looked after her…some radge with big ears.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s surrounded himself with fluffers & ego strokers 

Cormack is treating the club like a plaything. Nothing he is doing or has done since sacking McInnes makes me think he knows what he's doing. From hiring Glass, making Gunn DoF, hiring Mowbray as HoR when all along they said they wanted to "look further afield" for new signings to the complete lack of activity in this window. As somebody said earlier, finishing 3rd this season guarantees European group stage football and we should have pushed for that. Instead, he seems happy to plod along mid-table and putting 2 fingers up to the fans. I just worry that even if we missed out on top 6 Glass won't get the bullet and he'll keep him on because his yank pals tell him to. Imagine a club with our history and tradition being bitched about by an 8 year old fucking club. Absolute shambles. 

39 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Cormack is treating the club like a plaything. Nothing he is doing or has done since sacking McInnes makes me think he knows what he's doing. From hiring Glass, making Gunn DoF, hiring Mowbray as HoR when all along they said they wanted to "look further afield" for new signings to the complete lack of activity in this window. As somebody said earlier, finishing 3rd this season guarantees European group stage football and we should have pushed for that. Instead, he seems happy to plod along mid-table and putting 2 fingers up to the fans. I just worry that even if we missed out on top 6 Glass won't get the bullet and he'll keep him on because his yank pals tell him to. Imagine a club with our history and tradition being bitched about by an 8 year old fucking club. Absolute shambles. 

Not sure if you mean Atlanta or the scum from Govan?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What if you’re an Uber driver?

What’s an address Uber driver 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We had to sign Simon Church to cover for Rooney getting injured. Fortunately his injury came at a time we were able to do so.

Glass should be sacked if he doesn’t get cover for Ramirez. We basically have one fkn striker because JET is a waste of fkn skin

Yes and rest of Rooneys time here he was basically playing every week so no need for another striker. Reason why young lads like shankland never got a look in. No point having an expensive guy on the books just in case. Money better spent in other places I recon 

27 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes and rest of Rooneys time here he was basically playing every week so no need for another striker. Reason why young lads like shankland never got a look in. No point having an expensive guy on the books just in case. Money better spent in other places I recon 

It would be good to have more than 1 striker at the club. Doesn't need to be exactly the same type of striker - could go for a wee nippy guy or a taller more powerful player - and that gives the option to play them alongside Ramirez occasionally, not just if he's injured. 

Basically the only options up front to either replace Ramirez if he's injured, or to partner him if we go two up top are:

JET - who can't play up front on his own as he doesn't move. He was actually good when played alongside Ramirez but Glass doesn't generally go two up top.

Watkins - can play up front on his own but doesn't carry much goal threat. Always injured so isn't an option very often anyway.

McGinn - done. 

Kennedy - crap.

McLennan - more crap, if that's possible.

I suspect we'll bring some youngster from England up on loan to sit on the bench for the rest of the season. Samuels the second.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, thurso said:

What’s an address Uber driver 

But the point is that the ‘never injured’ Rooney did in fact get injured & was out for about 6 weeks or something when Church was signed in the January window.

What happens if Ramirez gets injured first game after window closes?

Not a risk worth taking. Back to amateur hr management (not that Glass has shown anything other than that so far with his transfer record)

6 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

It would be good to have more than 1 striker at the club. Doesn't need to be exactly the same type of striker - could go for a wee nippy guy or a taller more powerful player - and that gives the option to play them alongside Ramirez occasionally, not just if he's injured. 

Basically the only options up front to either replace Ramirez if he's injured, or to partner him if we go two up top are:

JET - who can't play up front on his own as he doesn't move. He was actually good when played alongside Ramirez but Glass doesn't generally go two up top.

Watkins - can play up front on his own but doesn't carry much goal threat. Always injured so isn't an option very often anyway.

McGinn - done. 

Kennedy - crap.

McLennan - more crap, if that's possible.

I suspect we'll bring some youngster from England up on loan to sit on the bench for the rest of the season. Samuels the second.

That’s what we brought Michael Ruth back for so I don’t think we see another samuels the second at least I fcukin hope we don’t. Michael Ruth is adequate for that role, and give him some minutes late on games if and when 3 points are safe 

If Aberdeen were to offload McGinn (contract expiring), Kennedy, JET and McLennan either now or in the summer I'd be delighted.

Assess Campbell in the summer and if required send him out on loan for next season with the option of a recall.

Sadly, I've been more excited by the prospect of those departing than those joining this window.

I'd like to see Ross Duncan, Connor Barron and any other talented youngsters given a shot over any loanee from England.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

If Aberdeen were to offload McGinn (contract expiring), Kennedy, JET and McLennan either now or in the summer I'd be delighted.

Assess Campbell in the summer and if required send him out on loan for next season with the option of a recall.

Sadly, I've been more excited by the prospect of those departing than those joining this window.

I'd like to see Ross Duncan, Connor Barron and any other talented youngsters given a shot over any loanee from England.

Another one who is in agreement about Campbell. 
I also agree about giving our young players a chance to see what they can do over a loanee from England, but they must grasp the opportunity and not just get a game because they came through our youth system. We should definitely be more ruthless will our young players. If they don’t cut the mustard show them the door. Step up a gear and only employ the very best young players in the country. We can beat Celtic and Rangers there. We need to up our appeal for youngsters to join.

Guest milne_afc
10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Was a fairly reasoned and sensible post 

Why the hate, Milnzo?

I just formed a response on the avatar rather than the content(which I don’t bother with when ??)

Milnzo? Affa familiar.

15 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I just formed a response on the avatar rather than the content(which I don’t bother with when ??)

Milnzo? Affa familiar.

Sorry, 

Cunto.

8 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Where is the confusion here?

We have to wait for other clubs to complete signings before we can bring anyone in.

We'll probably bring in 1 or 2 loans on the last day of the window. Far from ideal but that is where we are at.

No confusion , just the crap Cormack and Gunn come out with regarding getting the buisness  done early.  What buisness  ,   Only exits.  They must have known before making the buisness done early statement they needed to sell before they signed the super stars they had in mind if any.???