January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Fairly simple, just block me and every other Canadian you have taken an irrational disliking to.

Tbh I didn't know you were Canadian. 

This is making me rethink

On 1/20/2022 at 11:51 AM, Ten Caat said:

Tucker seems to be a big old unit. Taller even than Gallagher who I presume he would be replacing if we got him.

I suspect Slippers is probably correct and we won't get him but at least it's the right sort of player we should be targetting....young and with a sell on value

Looks like Ajer

Ferguson to Italy is a fabricated story. Only player Italian clubs are looking at is Ramsay. There is interest from the Huns though, GVB wanting to sign more Scottish players and thinks his midfield needs strengthening. Has some funds from the Patterson sale.

We have been rebuffed from our top targets this window. Glass only has a rolling contract and board questioning backing him whilst his future is in doubt. Jack Turner would prefer a move to championship over us same situation with McGrath. Very unlikely any permanent signings coming this window but 1 possibly 2 loan signings before next weekend.

3 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Ferguson to Italy is a fabricated story. Only player Italian clubs are looking at is Ramsay. There is interest from the Huns though, GVB wanting to sign more Scottish players and thinks his midfield needs strengthening. Has some funds from the Patterson sale.

We have been rebuffed from our top targets this window. Glass only has a rolling contract and board questioning backing him whilst his future is in doubt. Jack Turner would prefer a move to championship over us same situation with McGrath. Very unlikely any permanent signings coming this window but 1 possibly 2 loan signings before next weekend.

Assuming you mean Tucker? Pretty much what I’d of guessed! It’s odd why you would question Glass’s future now and not 3 months ago…

More concerned now of losing players this week than taking any in.   Sure I heard Richard Gordon say earlier on the wireless that Blackburn are expected to come back in for Hedges….. unless we have a solid replacement for him lined up then we should just keep him.  
keep the current squad with a young striker in on loan will do me.  

5 minutes ago, Zorba said:

But he was an amazing appointment according to Cormack and they have absolutely no intention of replacing him (his own words during the horrific run so why would that change now we are actually winning some games). Not surprised about Tucker and McGrath preferring moves to the Championship. Whether McGrath actually gets any offers from the championship is a different matter. Interest is fine but up until now there's been no offers for him. Suspect we'll get the same line regarding Zander Clark in the not too distant future. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This will go well 

I'm going to have a go at it too...

Lots of clubs interested in Ramsay - expecting some to make a cheeky bid right at the end of the window. We will only sell if he is loaned back to us for the rest of the season. Genuine interest in Ferguson, from upper half of the English Championship. Hedges to Blackburn is dead, but Sevco are expected to make a sneaky offer to unsettle us before the window closes. Dean Campbell may yet go out on loan - couple of Scottish clubs and a couple of English clubs interested but no firm contact yet. In terms of players coming in - we are looking at a young striker on loan from an EPL club, and also have someone in mind from League 1 that we hope to sign if Ferguson moves. The Zander Clark deal is unlikely - he's probably going to hold off until the summer and would prefer to join Rangers or move south.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Zorba said:

LOL

Sorry my mistake jack tucker at Gillingham (autocorrect). McGrath has a straight choice between Birmingham and Wigan, believe it or not Wigan prepared to offer the whole fee up front but Birmingham adding all sorts of clauses to it. The interest in Zander Clark isn’t a priority from what I got told, him and Lewis would be challenging for number 1. They believe no real challenge to Lewis in years has lead to complacency and loss of form.

Glass was on a somewhat shookly peg around October/November but he’s apparently turning the corner.. Sorry to say but more likely than not he will be here next season unless the season deteriorates. The new model is 12 month rolling contracts for staff as they are wary of enduring another mcinnes and docherty type pay off. Although makes it much easier for other clubs to pay off their contract if In demand.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Sorry my mistake jack tucker at Gillingham (autocorrect). McGrath has a straight choice between Birmingham and Wigan, believe it or not Wigan prepared to offer the whole fee up front but Birmingham adding all sorts of clauses to it. The interest in Zander Clark isn’t a priority from what I got told, him and Lewis would be challenging for number 1. They believe no real challenge to Lewis in years has lead to complacency and loss of form.

Glass was on a somewhat shookly peg around October/November but he’s apparently turning the corner.. Sorry to say but more likely than not he will be here next season unless the season deteriorates. The new model is 12 month rolling contracts for staff as they are wary of enduring another mcinnes and docherty type pay off. Although makes it much easier for other clubs to pay off their contract if In demand.

Is that not a slight contradiction from your first post? Don't want to back him as his future is in doubt but he'll be here next season in all liklihood. So if that's the case then they should back him. And this is Cormacks man so what does that say about him if he hangs his mate out to dry after 1 window? It would show me there's not a chance i'd want to work under him. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Is that not a slight contradiction from your first post? Don't want to back him as his future is in doubt but he'll be here next season in all liklihood. So if that's the case then they should back him. And this is Cormacks man so what does that say about him if he hangs his mate out to dry after 1 window? It would show me there's not a chance i'd want to work under him. 

And also in his first post he states we have been rebuffed by our targets…  we wouldn’t have made offers if the board were reluctant to back him.. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

His future is in doubt as his contract only runs until the summer BUT he’s more likely than not to get another 12 months. I don’t come on here as I’m not nor do I claim to be ITK. Although today I was with someone who very much is and this is what I was told. 

1 minute ago, Kiriakov33 said:

And also in his first post he states we have been rebuffed by our targets…  we wouldn’t have made offers if the board were reluctant to back him.. 

Unless Glass has told Cormack, Gunn and Mowbray who he wants and Glass has offered $3 and a bar of Hersheys chocolate for them then gone back and said they aren't willing to sell. 

In fairness i reckon the offers were for McGrath only. And by all accounts he was a player Brown recommended and said we had to try and get in the summer. 

14 minutes ago, Zorba said:

His future is in doubt as his contract only runs until the summer BUT he’s more likely than not to get another 12 months. I don’t come on here as I’m not nor do I claim to be ITK. Although today I was with someone who very much is and this is what I was told. 

You do realise that 12 month rolling contract means he constantly on 12 months? He always has 12 months on his contract; if we sack him we pay a years salary/if another club wants him(good joke) they pay the same.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'm going to have a go at it too...

Lots of clubs interested in Ramsay - expecting some to make a cheeky bid right at the end of the window. We will only sell if he is loaned back to us for the rest of the season. Genuine interest in Ferguson, from upper half of the English Championship. Hedges to Blackburn is dead, but Sevco are expected to make a sneaky offer to unsettle us before the window closes. Dean Campbell may yet go out on loan - couple of Scottish clubs and a couple of English clubs interested but no firm contact yet. In terms of players coming in - we are looking at a young striker on loan from an EPL club, and also have someone in mind from League 1 that we hope to sign if Ferguson moves. The Zander Clark deal is unlikely - he's probably going to hold off until the summer and would prefer to join Rangers or move south.

Your post sounds more like it

• Haha 1

Glass planning on offering Ojo a "long term deal". IF the board are having doubts about him then doing this certainly won't help his cause. He should be glad he's not living in America anymore as you'd get the chair for decisions like that. Absolute madness. Nothing against Ojo personally but if we want to kick on we need better. But then again maybe we don't want to kick on. 

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Glass planning on offering Ojo a "long term deal". IF the board are having doubts about him then doing this certainly won't help his cause. He should be glad he's not living in America anymore as you'd get the chair for decisions like that. Absolute madness. Nothing against Ojo personally but if we want to kick on we need better. But then again maybe we don't want to kick on. 

1) Has Glass said that?

2) Hadn’t Ojo already said he had plans to leave? Mind you, that was last summer & since then he’s been a regular. One of Glass’s favourites & first picks. 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Fuck no where did you hear that ?