January 2022 transfer window

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Long term deal for a guy who will be 31 in the summer and when all other guys we've signed that age have had 2 year deals?  Can't see it. 

Unless 2 years counts as a long term deal these days. 

Any length of deal is too long term in my view. It's no wonder we're not making any quality signings if this is Glass' judgement on players. Fucking hell how depressing. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Any length of deal is too long term in my view. It's no wonder we're not making any quality signings if this is Glass' judgement on players. Fucking hell how depressing. 

I'm not that surprised really. He's one of the first picks in this team. The snake oil leaves a bitter taste in the mouth sometimes. 

For me Ojo gets a bit of unfair treatment on here. He’s a handy player to have in squad no doubt but it would depend on the terms of his renewal. If Glass has plans to have him in our starting 11 next season we aren’t going anywhere in the near future. As we have said over and over, it’s all very well saying we want to build to compete with the OF and challenge for  trophies to get the fans on side but we need to start implementing things that will take us in that direction. With exception of brown and Ramirez I’ve seen absolutely nothing signing wise to match those ambitions. Starting to grind on me the whole we scout Europe for talent. I’m all for keeping the squad together and adding 1 or 2 very good players every window opposed to signing 6 average at best players but it never materialises like that. Constantly sign shite loan players and deprive our own youth of a chance which is the complete opposite of our philosophy. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not that surprised really. He's one of the first picks in this team. The snake oil leaves a bitter taste in the mouth sometimes. 

I'm not surprised either. I always expected him to get offered a new deal. Whether he accepted it was another matter. The fact he's 31 (or going to be 31) completely flies in the face of the "philosophy" that Data Davie keeps bumping his gums about. Having some experienced players in the squad is fine and it's needed but there are enough "experienced" players contracted beyond the summer. He won't be on a small wage IMO and it could be much better spent. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

For me Ojo gets a bit of unfair treatment on here. He’s a handy player to have in squad no doubt but it would depend on the terms of his renewal. If Glass has plans to have him in our starting 11 next season we aren’t going anywhere in the near future. As we have said over and over, it’s all very well saying we want to build to compete with the OF and challenge for  trophies to get the fans on side but we need to start implementing things that will take us in that direction. With exception of brown and Ramirez I’ve seen absolutely nothing signing wise to match those ambitions. Starting to grind on me the whole we scout Europe for talent. I’m all for keeping the squad together and adding 1 or 2 very good players every window opposed to signing 6 average at best players but it never materialises like that. Constantly sign shite loan players and deprive our own youth of a chance which is the complete opposite of our philosophy. 

He doesn’t get a hard time. He is actually pretty crap. If running about made you a good professional I’d have been best in the world but sadly just like him the rest of my game let me down big time. 

2 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Starting to think there may have be an element of truth on what zorba posted earlier…. 

If this turns out to be true then i'd agree. Would you give somebody money to spend on a squad when he makes decisions like this? Ojo has his uses but he shouldn't be a 1st pick and with the amount of football he's had this season his agent will be wanting towards the top end of our wage bracket i'd think. 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

I'm not surprised either. I always expected him to get offered a new deal. Whether he accepted it was another matter. The fact he's 31 (or going to be 31) completely flies in the face of the "philosophy" that Data Davie keeps bumping his gums about. Having some experienced players in the squad is fine and it's needed but there are enough "experienced" players contracted beyond the summer. He won't be on a small wage IMO and it could be much better spent. 

Aye. We've got the most over 30s of any club in the division. 

But there are those that tell us that we're in safe hands with the new leadership team and that it takes time to implement the philosophy because we're doing something that's really different. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. We've got the most over 30s of any club in the division. 

But there are those that tell us that we're in safe hands with the new leadership team and that it takes time to implement the philosophy because we're doing something that's really different. 

Anyone who says we're in "safe hands" need to take their red tinted glasses off. There's nothing "safe" about anything that's gone on this season. The philosophy argument for me doesn't wash either because we haven't done anything differently this season. The style of football has changed from the past 2 or 3 seasons but the jury's still out as to whether it's actually paid off. 

33 minutes ago, slippers said:

He'd be handy to have as a squad player if he were on the lowish wages that a squad player attracts

But he's supposedly one of our best paid players and will want a bit of a pay rise to sign on longer.

Hopefully he asks for too much and he heads back home to Belgium

46 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Long term deal for a guy who will be 31 in the summer and when all other guys we've signed that age have had 2 year deals?  Can't see it. 

Unless 2 years counts as a long term deal these days. 

2 years counts as 2 years too long 

10 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’m not surprised by this, definitely not the best player in the squad but by no way is he the worst.

Glass maybe wants continuity in the midfield next season. Mcgeouch probably leaving, Jenks loan move finishing and Ferguson up for sale then it only leaves us with Brown for CM so far.

But he doesn't fit with the clubs new "philosophy". Unless of course the philosophy is as much of a crock of shit as the "prawcess". You've got a high earner turning 31 who you have a chance to get off the wage bill and use those wages to bring in younger, hungrier players with a sell on value. If Ojo was on peanuts i'd agree to keep him as he's a decent squad player. He's become a first pick under Glass. That means his agent will want a wage in line with that. 

18 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’m not surprised by this, definitely not the best player in the squad but by no way is he the worst.

Glass maybe wants continuity in the midfield next season. Mcgeouch probably leaving, Jenks loan move finishing and Ferguson up for sale then it only leaves us with Brown for CM so far.

Brown Campbell and Barron will all be here plus other lads on loan 

10 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But he doesn't fit with the clubs new "philosophy". Unless of course the philosophy is as much of a crock of shit as the "prawcess". You've got a high earner turning 31 who you have a chance to get off the wage bill and use those wages to bring in younger, hungrier players with a sell on value. If Ojo was on peanuts i'd agree to keep him as he's a decent squad player. He's become a first pick under Glass. That means his agent will want a wage in line with that. 

Exactly this. He's not on a lower wage and he doesn't offer anything special. Often played out of position. Lunatics if we give him a new deal unless he agrees to a lower wage than current. 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Well aye, it all depends on the wages he’s on, Is he really on big wages right now? There is also the question of would he sign a new deal?