January 2022 transfer window

4 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Well aye, it all depends on the wages he’s on, Is he really on big wages right now? There is also the question of would he sign a new deal? 

He's in the top end of the wage bracket currently. 

Whether he would sign the contract? If he was offered another 2 years on wages that i would imagine would be higher than he's currently on would you not sign it? Bearing in mind he'll be 31 he'd be an idiot not to sign it. Unless of course he has his heart set on a move back to Belgium. 

For me. It doesn't matter whether he signs it or not. The fact he'll be offered a new deal is enough to set major alarm bells ringing for me. 

8 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I can remember I was getting questioned for telling everyone that was what was happening this transfer window. Good to see a few of you are catching up now. 

It became pretty clear rather quickly there weren't going to be any additions of note tbh. So i'd get off your high horse. Once Barron got recalled to become a "part of the first team squad" it set the tone. Along with recalling Ruth etc. Barron was playing every week at Kelty so why take him out of that and have him on our bench if we planned on strengthening the squad? 

Let's be honest Polvara wouldn't even have signed if it wasn't for Bobby Clark. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Probably along with Devlin if he manages to make it on to the bench. 

On the flip side, if we can successfully bring through a raft of our own youngsters from the current crop in the next 18 months I'd take that over signing a heap of jobbers from the lower leagues down south who, more often than not, fail to impress. 

The guys on here who watch the unders seem to think we've got some really good prospects. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

On the flip side, if we can successfully bring through a raft of our own youngsters from the current crop in the next 18 months I'd take that over signing a heap of jobbers from the lower leagues down south who, more often than not, fail to impress. 

The guys on here who watch the unders seem to think we've got some really good prospects. 

Like you say, Connor Barron getting game time as opposed to a Longstaff.

Just a pity we don’t have a young centre forward that’s near ready.

The lad Harvie gets good write ups but I think he’s only turned 16 & probably a couple of years for him before he’d be an option. 

We do need a couple of players in the forward areas with speed though, even more so if Hedges leaves & Watkins is out for a while. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Like you say, Connor Barron getting game time as opposed to a Longstaff.

Just a pity we don’t have a young centre forward that’s near ready.

The lad Harvie gets good write ups but I think he’s only turned 16 & probably a couple of years for him before he’d be an option. 

We do need a couple of players in the forward areas with speed though, even more so if Hedges leaves & Watkins is out for a while. 

What about the likes of Duncan and Hanratty? Would they be next? 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd love to see youngsters getting blooded aswell. With the exception of Ramsay and MacKenzie (can he be classed a youngster at 21) there haven't really been any hints that we'll bring many more through in the immediate future. Barron obviously got his debut but realistically how many minutes will he get? Especially if Ferguson stays. 

49 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Seeing online that Blackburns new signing  Dilan Markanday (Winger) is out injured until the end of the season. Wonder if they’ll have another look at Hedges if that’s the case.

I think this is what Richard Gordon alluded to this afternoon  when he said he expected Blackbrurn to come back in for him. 

This pish about the board not sanctioning signings due to being unconvinced with Glass must be shite - if it’s not, then we’re in big trouble, as our new data-led strategy… , and club structure is allegedly built on a philosophy…meaning there should be no one signed that doesn’t fit how we want to play as a club. Nothing to do with the manager picking his own additions.