Scotland vs Moldova & Denmark - 12/11 and 15/11

Sure I recall the last international break some of you guys relaying the ins and outs of seeding mechanisms for the play offs.

Derek says last night's results have been beneficial to Scotland.

Update before tonight's games?

I did note that Spain are back on top of their group displacing Sweden, now highly unlikely they will finish in a second place slot, as some had been suggesting.

Sweden having succumbed 2-0 to the might of Georgia. A result which suggests they are another beatable potential opponent in the play offs.*

*In the event of Scotland not fucking this second place up...

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Sure I recall the last international break some of you guys relaying the ins and outs of seeding mechanisms for the play offs.

Derek says last night's results have been beneficial to Scotland.

Update before tonight's games?

I did note that Spain are back on top of their group displacing Sweden, now highly unlikely they will finish in a second place slot, as some had been suggesting.

Sweden having succumbed 2-0 to the might of Georgia. A result which suggests they are another beatable potential opponent in the play offs.*

*In the event of Scotland not fucking this second place up...

Assuming we beat Moldova and lose to Denmark (I know I know), we'll be on 14pts in the group of 2nd place teams. That will make us guaranteed to finish above groups D & J, and below A & B, and pretty much guaranteed to finish below H & C.

That leaves us fighting with Poland, Czechs and Norway for 2 seeded spots. 

Poland: if they beat Andorra or Hungary, they'll finish above us.

Norway and Czech Rep will likely finish on the same points as us, and it'll come down to goal difference. On that, we'd need a good amount of luck to go through.

End result is that if we want to be seeded we'll need to take something from Denmark.

Henry to come in with that Simpsons meme in 5, 4, 3...

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

'Eion' *bangs head against wall*.

Have more respect.

If you expect respect on this forum then you are fucking deluded, 

Fuck me chief, there are many traits displayed here, 

Tactical astuteness,From the most learned football brains, who despite never at anytime having been coaches or managers at the highest level are more than happy to share thier sage advice with the fellow members.

Obviously undoubted scouting abilities that can suggest players of such ability that they obviously should be in senior recruitment roles at a football club, 

Then there are the other qualities exuded on here.

Honesty, responsibility, humour, melancholy, shithousery, cuntishness, rampant arseholity, , are among the ones that I take great joy in reading, 

Unfortunately if you were hoping to add respect to that then the jobs fucked.

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

If you expect respect on this forum then you are fucking deluded, 

Fuck me chief, there are many traits displayed here, 

Tactical astuteness,From the most learned football brains, who despite never at anytime having been coaches or managers at the highest level are more than happy to share thier sage advice with the fellow members.

Obviously undoubted scouting abilities that can suggest players of such ability that they obviously should be in senior recruitment roles at a football club, 

Then there are the other qualities exuded on here.

Honesty, responsibility, humour, melancholy, shithousery, cuntishness, rampant arseholity, , are among the ones that I take great joy in reading, 

Unfortunately if you were hoping to add respect to that then the jobs fucked.

You spelled Jess' name wrong pal that's all.

• Haha 1
On 11/4/2021 at 12:57 PM, thurso said:

I wouldn’t say there is much between the two O’Donnell is probably a steady pro with many limitations who only got in the squad as there was no one else but ralston is maybe slightly better technically. 

Ramsay is way better than both but sadly he’s injured or id be calling for him to be in the squad. 

Which is why I ( and you disagreed) at the very beginning about Ramsay not being ready for Scotland