Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

I totally blame ojo never a right back guys crap 

So if he isn't a right back wouldn't you then blame the person that selected him to play there rather than the player himself?

If Lewis got selected to play centre forward and we then didn't score you would question the manager's sanity.  

We do have a reserve right back. Signed by Glass.....and who came from the same club that Glass came from. If he's so fucking bad that Ojo is considered a better option then you have to question Glass' ability to recognise who is a good player and who isn't in the first place

• Like 1

Motherwell fucking dine us again. Take the game from the 11th of September and today and it's a carbon fucking copy. Past 3 games we have given up dominating possession and got the results but Motherwell knew if they gave us the ball and stayed in shape we'd run completely out of ideas. And so it turned out. Free kick decision for the 2nd laughable but Ferguson not even jumping for the ball and then leaving Van Veen unmarked? A fucking joke. Back to how it was before Hibs. A piss poor performance. Wheels have fallen off the Glasswagon again. ?

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Dominated the game but beaten by those hammer throwing cunts again. 

Glass fucked up by going with 3 at the back IMO. 

Motherwell’s first clean sheet since they played us at Fir Park.  
The last two games against them they’ve had 4 attempts on target… and scored 4 goals. 

Back to square one with two away games at Dundee Utd & Celtic to come.

Lose them and it’s bottom of the league. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

True but even when the likes of Ramsay, Gallagher and McKenzie have been playing we were still shipping very soft goals. Devlin is basically a write off and Considine very unlucky with his injury on a shocking pitch. It is very unlucky to have 5 players from one area of the team all out injured at the same time but I'm honestly not sure we'd be that much more secure at the back if they were all fit. We haven't convinced defensively at all since Glass arrived which is a major worry.

I am in no way defending our defence. Injured ones or fit ones because the whole selection have beet truly horrendous as a whole. There are ZERO excuses for them other than the fact that the manager deems them good enough for us. Which I have said all summer they are NOT & not even close to being so.

Worst collective bunch of defenders in the league (fit & injured) & I would be fairly confident in assuming that ‘statistically’ their stats on attacks against them to successfully defending are by far the worst in the league. Even taking into account some of the high score losses by other teams. 
Our defensive stats are pretty much if we allow the opposition in our box then more often than not they score. It’s certainly the case that if we allow them to shoot they do

Very weird feelings despite a loss which you think would be the main confusion but not so

1. We had so much in the first half the game was basically played in their half

2. so few booking for a hatchet job in the first half continually blocking of the fast free kick and throw and chopping and blocking players for THREE yellows and one for us - ferguson was probably deserved having been earlier warned but there was ore deserving yellows that the one hegot  - then see ojo booking in the late in the 2nd half if that was time wasting then that was massively inconsitent with the keeper holding to 20 seconds plus

3. we never scored - how did that happen? and it felt that even on 80th minute we could score 2 or 3

4. we lost 

need to figure out why the fourth item is the most confusing

Guest milne_afc
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What point was there taking off Campbell and replace him with Hayes?

Campbell deserved to keep his place after recent performances but he was poor today, nowhere near as bad as bates though, need to dons a way of getting him off the wage bill ASAP 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

So if he isn't a right back wouldn't you then blame the person that selected him to play there rather than the player himself?

If Lewis got selected to play centre forward and we then didn't score you would question the manager's sanity.  

We do have a reserve right back. Signed by Glass.....and who came from the same club that Glass came from. If he's so fucking bad that Ojo is considered a better option then you have to question Glass' ability to recognise who is a good player and who isn't in the first place

No sorry if ojo can’t play right back he should put his hand up and say “ gaffer I can’t play there play someone else”. 
He’s pish shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. 

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

No sorry if ojo can’t play right back he should put his hand up and say “ gaffer I can’t play there play someone else”. 
He’s pish shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. 

Hahaha 

Cheered me up, this 

35 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Came back from a real blow last weekend. 

It’s a team with a new manager and new players. It’ll take time but there’s something to work with. Second half against Hearts was some of the best stuff I’ve seen from us in years. Need to work out how to beat these shit cunts like Motherwell however but if people come out with the sacking shite again then they need their heads looked at.

We did, but that seems the exception rather than the rule. 

45 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

If you look at the stats for the matches against Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County, Hearts and both Motherwell games it's the same story.

Over 90 mins, the opposition will manage no more than one or two shots on target and score. The stats indicate that if you just manage to get a shot on target you will score.

We deserved to be ahead in the first half and a red card should have been shown to Maguire. Just compare how soft both Jenks yellows were against St Mirren. 

Major decisions have gone against us most weeks so far this season.

I wouldn't mind but both Hearts and Dundee Utd are pish and should never be ahead of us in the league.

Aye but this is Scottish football.  Teams are going to battle, make it niggly and try and nick it on set pieces and mistakes. 

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

You've got to be able to cope with it.  Can't just say we've been unlucky all the time just because we've had more possession or more shots on goal. 

Motherwell completely bullied us second half and we folded.  Half the teams in the League will play like this and we've got to be stronger. 

And our defending for both goals was disgraceful.  

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

There it is in a nutshell.

That’s the only stat you need.

We can’t defend.We have a soft centre, and teams know that.It’ll take one or two chances to realistically score against us, so teams don’t even have to work that hard to get a result against us-just do the basics.

I guess that’s what happens when two of the three centre halves are actually midfielders

20 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Campbell deserved to keep his place after recent performances but he was poor today, nowhere near as bad as bates though, need to dons a way of getting him off the wage bill ASAP 

I wasn’t defending Campbell as he wasn’t having a great game. My gripe was that it was a wasted substitution as it was more advanced that needed freshening.

27 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Motherwell fucking dine us again. Take the game from the 11th of September and today and it's a carbon fucking copy. Past 3 games we have given up dominating possession and got the results but Motherwell knew if they gave us the ball and stayed in shape we'd run completely out of ideas. And so it turned out. Free kick decision for the 2nd laughable but Ferguson not even jumping for the ball and then leaving Van Veen unmarked? A fucking joke. Back to how it was before Hibs. A piss poor performance. Wheels have fallen off the Glasswagon again. ?

Ferguson was a disgrace today. 

But then decided to try in the last 5 minutes once it was too late.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I wasn’t defending Campbell as he wasn’t having a great game. My gripe was that it was a wasted substitution as it was more advanced that needed freshening.

Surely Hayes, someone who can run over Campbell, someone who can't, IS a positive change?

Campbell was poor today and I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did

It's Bates I have a real dislike for though 

He is utter, utter dung

1 hour ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Murderwell seem to have our number. New manager same old situation.

Outside the Scum, they must have beaten us more times than anyone else over the last ten years or so.

Major disappointment today. We can criticise Well’s “robust” tactics but two horrendous goals to lose after completing dominating the 1st half, in fact some of the football in that period was the best I’ve seen from us in this recent “renaissance”, no clear cut chances but numerous opportunities created. 

We just have to hope that we get the 3 injured defenders back pronto, especially the full backs because as decent as Ojo and Deano were, the space they had, we should be doing far better from crosses into the box.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ferguson was a disgrace today. 

But then decided to try in the last 5 minutes once it was too late.

The whole team were a disgrace with probably Watkins being the exception. 1st half especially. Folk on SM saying that will be fans on Glass back again. Fucking rightly so. All well  and good taking 7 points against them, Hibs and Hearts but if you capitulate at home against Motherwell what's the fucking point. They have had 4 shots on target in 2 game and scored all 4. We've not laid a glove on them really over those 2 games. Possession is pointless if you do nothing with it.