Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The whole team were a disgrace with probably Watkins being the exception. 1st half especially. Folk on SM saying that will be fans on Glass back again. Fucking rightly so. All well  and good taking 7 points against them, Hibs and Hearts but if you capitulate at home against Motherwell what's the fucking point. They have had 4 shots on target in 2 game and scored all 4. We've not laid a glove on them really over those 2 games. Possession is pointless if you do nothing with it. 

First half especially? We played well first half. What the fuck do folk watch? ?

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The whole team were a disgrace with probably Watkins being the exception. 1st half especially. Folk on SM saying that will be fans on Glass back again. Fucking rightly so. All well  and good taking 7 points against them, Hibs and Hearts but if you capitulate at home against Motherwell what's the fucking point. They have had 4 shots on target in 2 game and scored all 4. We've not laid a glove on them really over those 2 games. Possession is pointless if you do nothing with it. 

First half especially? We played well first half. What the fuck do folk watch? ?

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

You're right. When we click the fitba is night and day compared to a McInnes slogfest.

But we're 13 league, 6 european and however many league cup games into the season and we're still a comically soft touch at the back. It will kill this season dead and probably cost Glass his job unless it's sorted out

Just now, super_al said:

Yes we lost 2-0 but surely folk we that there is an element of luck against us?

We can only use that excuse so many times. 

I think we might have more luck if we play a back four until we have real defenders at the back.

Even then... maybe stick with the back four. We seem to have more luck with that.

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

We can only use that excuse so many times. 

I think we might have more luck if we play a back four until we have real defenders at the back.

Even then... maybe stick with the back four. We seem to have more luck with that.

I just don't get this luck thing at all. 

If you keep giving strikers clear cut chances in your box what do folk expect them to do?  Miss them? 

12 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I don't know if you're blind or stupid but i said watkins was the exception to the team being a disgrace. In the 1st half he was easily our best player. You can apologise and admit you made a cunt of it when you're ready though. 

• Haha 1
Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

I don't know if you're blind or stupid but i said watkins was the exception to the team being a disgrace. In the 1st half he was easily our best player. You can apologise and admit you made a cunt of it when you're ready though. 

That’s not what you said. It’s maybe what you meant but read it back. Could be interpreted either way. Explain yourself better next time and you can maybe engage in a conversation ?

• Upvote 1

Very frustrating game. Dominated the first half and should have had a goal or 2 before half time. Thought Motherwell were an absolute disgrace the first half, foul after foul, time wasting and never made any attempt to play any football. 

Second half was terrible. I know we are missing an entire starting defence but we are so poor at the back it’s unbelievable. Another game where we’ve conceded goals from the only shots faced. And he we didn’t seem to have any urgency chasing the game either our play was so slow and laboured. Despite that we could still have had a goal or 2 in the second half as well.

Cormack will be delighted, I’d imagine the data will show it was as one sided a game as you’ll see probably.

Shout out to the ref as well. He was fucking useless.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I just don't get this luck thing at all. 

If you keep giving strikers clear cut chances in your box what do folk expect them to do?  Miss them? 

There was one real instance of bad luck, where the ball was destined for the net, but the keeper somehow got a palm to it from a prone position. 

Even if we'd got lucky there, though... they scored two. 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That’s not what you said. It’s maybe what you meant but read it back. Could be interpreted either way. Explain yourself better next time and you can maybe engage in a conversation ?

It's exactly what i said. "The whole team were a disgrace. Watkins being the exception. 1st half especially". Only a halfwit would interpret it the way you've insinuated. But anyway the beers are chilling, takeaway on route so enjoy yer night mate. 

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Very frustrating game. Dominated the first half and should have had a goal or 2 before half time. Thought Motherwell were an absolute disgrace the first half, foul after foul, time wasting and never made any attempt to play any football. 

Second half was terrible. I know we are missing an entire starting defence but we are so poor at the back it’s unbelievable. Another game where we’ve conceded goals from the only shots faced. And he we didn’t seem to have any urgency chasing the game either our play was so slow and laboured. Despite that we could still have had a goal or 2 in the second half as well.

Cormack will be delighted, I’d imagine the data will show it was as one sided a game as you’ll see probably.

Shout out to the ref as well. He was fucking useless.

The passing was infuriating too. 

Play it in front of the man you're passing to, nae behind him.  Made it easy for Motherwell to press and stay in shape. 

Seems to be a season where the so called ‘shite’ teams seem to be getting the results against the so called ‘better’ teams.

Appears that is how the majority of our results have gone. Both wins & losses.

We are a shite team tbf.

Can brag all we want about possession,shots stats etc. but end of day. Our defence is absolutely horrendous & our attacking side is nowhere near clinical enough.

So regardless of desperation/excuses that makes a shite team. 
A decent defence could hide the fact a bit better I suppose & the attacking side could be excused a little if the defensive side wasn’t basically as bad as any Aberdeen side I have EVER witnessed but the shocking defence only draws added attention to our inadequacies in attack. Ramirez & Watkins (also Hedges maybe) aside we are brutal up front but nothing compared to how truly horrendous that defence is.

& it really is no exaggeration in saying that our whole defensive unit/philosophy under Glass (fit & injured) is truly the worst I have ever seen for Aberdeen.

How that manager has escaped the amount of criticism he deserves for what he has put together in defence is baffling. From fans to media/pundits. He’s being given an easy ride by so many. Probably fooled by the ‘injuries’ excuses but the truth is that the injuries have had fk all to do with it as a whole because the whole collection are just SHITE. That shiteness at the back spreads through the side, if the backbone is weak then the whole body suffers

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, thurso said:

Thought about it all. Ojo is one of the worst footballers Iv seen pull on an aberdeen strip, even worse than Richie Byrne.
Seen better players pull on an aberdeen top mucking about at the local park. 

Drivel. He’s not great but there’s been far worse than Ojo here over the years. He was playing with one today in Bates.

He was fine apart from his crossing today.