Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

39 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Hardly a surprise that we lose if every shot on target goes in. Defence been a shambles all season. Glass doesn't know how to fix it. 

Agree. 
To have the stat that the opposition have scored with both their shots on target could be deemed unlucky if it happened once or twice.

But that’s about 5 or 6 times it’s happened. 

It’s not bad luck.
It’s a combination of poor mistakes from defenders & poor coaching. 

And I doubt he’s capable of fixing it and it’ll keep happening as long as Glass is manager/coach. 

15 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

A little hibee twat

He wasn't very good when he played for us (though I contend there have been plenty worse since). However I've been in his pubs in Edinburgh, he's often in serving and is nothing but a gentleman. He makes no secret he'll always be a Hibby but he speaks very fondly of his time with us. He told me that he left Hibs because he had a big falling out with Alex Miller. Miller apparently still wore his Rangers coat in to Easter Road and Kane thought that it was pretty disrespectful to the club. Things were so bad between them at the end of his time there that Miller actually accepted a bid from Hearts for Kane but the loon wouldn't ever have went there out of respect for the Hibs support...a few weeks later he went to Oldham then on to us fairly quickly after that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not really. 

We played some nice stuff first half. 

But got outfought and defended poorly second half.  That's not down to luck 

Our players got wiped out 6 times in the first 10 minutes before that ref finally booked one of their players for the softest of fouls.

Its the state of Scottish football though, we need to be able to give just as good as we get, then play the silly football

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Drivel. He’s not great but there’s been far worse than Ojo here over the years. He was playing with one today in Bates.

He was fine apart from his crossing today.

Not sure who. And most of the time instead of driving  forward he was turning back and playing the ball sideways or back but apart from that he was great 

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Our players got wiped out 6 times in the first 10 minutes before that ref finally booked one of their players for the softest of fouls.

Its the state of Scottish football though, we need to be able to give just as good as we get, then play the silly football

Too many in our team weren't up for the battle today. We were too nice. And too soft. 

2 hours ago, 1903Fitba said:

I guess that’s what happens when two of the three centre halves are actually midfielders

We’ve been unlucky losing Consi, and Gallagher and Bates pretty much being shite, so I’ve a bit of sympathy for Glass there.I’ll get pelters for that i’m sure, but that’s rotten luck.

With Gallagher I think most would’ve thought being a regular Scotland squad member he’d have come in and nailed down a spot, but he’s been really bad at times.

Bates a bit of an unknown quantity really, but again, at times barely looks like a footballer, never mind a centre half.

Neither are commanding and opposition strikers are able to bully them.

When you put midfielders in at cb, they naturally want to try and play a bit of fitba instead of just getting a toe in or just getting the ball away.Look at McCrorie against Breidablik I think it was.He tried to let the ball go out for a goal kick for one of the goals, got outmuscled on the line and we lost a goal.Think Gallagher got outmuscled in that game that cost is a goal as well if my memory is right? 

If we lose the first goal we lose our confidence and never find our way back. If we score the first goal we're a different team. That's pretty much it. Problem is we lose the first goal far too easily, far too often.

The defence is still shambolic and a lot of it seems to be down to Bates being out of position, or switching off, or making some other form of mistake. Simple stuff like crosses and diagonal balls are where we've been caught out all season long. 

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

He’s not wrong. We were unlucky to score. Not sure how anyone can argue that. 

In the first half? No we weren’t unlucky not to score. We were inadequate in the final ball & that is how we didn’t score. First half the keeper had zero work (other than basic needs for a keeper) to keep us out. That wasn’t down to good fortune for the keeper. 
second half we were unlucky in ONE incident but the keeper done well/got lucky with ball off post but game was lost by then anyway.

There is no argument to suggest we were ‘unlucky’ not to score really. You can try back it up with stats & how we were better team etc. But luck had fk all to do with our down fall. Inadequacy in both defence & clinical finishing up front were all that cost us. Try paint it in any positive back to deny it all you want. Our inadequacies have been apparent in both areas for whole season. We cannot use ‘unlucky’ as an excuse for ever. Let’s just admit we’re pretty much shite as a whole but it mostly stems from the back & what our manager has deemed good enough to build a team from 

• Haha 2

Too many folk seemed to think this would be a routine and simple win today.

The results across the entire top division so far this season tell you anything is possible, including shite like Motherwell turning over an apparently resurgent Dons, irrespective of the % possession we had.

The season will probably play out and follow the same path that it’s currently on for us. On the fringes on the top 6

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

We’ve been unlucky losing Consi, and Gallagher and Bates pretty much being shite, so I’ve a bit of sympathy for Glass there.I’ll get pelters for that i’m sure, but that’s rotten luck.

With Gallagher I think most would’ve thought being a regular Scotland squad member he’d have come in and nailed down a spot, but he’s been really bad at times.

Bates a bit of an unknown quantity really, but again, at times barely looks like a footballer, never mind a centre half.

Neither are commanding and opposition strikers are able to bully them.

When you put midfielders in at cb, they naturally want to try and play a bit of fitba instead of just getting a toe in or just getting the ball away.Look at McCrorie against Breidablik I think it was.He tried to let the ball go out for a goal kick for one of the goals, got outmuscled on the line and we lost a goal.Think Gallagher got outmuscled in that game that cost is a goal as well if my memory is right? 

Gallagher & Bates were shite signings. Plain & simple. Using their Scotland caps as any kind of basis for justification of signing them considering how shite the selection Scotland has is laughable.

Bates only earned his for being a hun also. Gave him automatic extra credit & totally unjustified.

They are both substandard central defenders, even by Scottish football standards.

Glass (who apparently knows the Scottish game inside out) made a complete cunt in his first window in a vital area of the team. Ffs he even tried to say that Gurr would shock & surprise us all with his abilities ? aye he’s fkn done that alright too.

Glass signed a fk load of shite all over the pitch that he deemed good enough for Aberdeen (most not even good enough for shite sides in SPFL) but his biggest failures by far have been the complete abortion he has made of our defence. It is honestly the worst defence I have EVER witnessed at the club. Even when all choices (Considine excused as he would actually help) are available.

It really cannot be understated just how much of a cunt he’s made of the defence.

Only positives there have been the introduction of two good young FB’s

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

In the first half? No we weren’t unlucky not to score. We were inadequate in the final ball & that is how we didn’t score. First half the keeper had zero work (other than basic needs for a keeper) to keep us out. That wasn’t down to good fortune for the keeper. 
second half we were unlucky in ONE incident but the keeper done well/got lucky with ball off post but game was lost by then anyway.

There is no argument to suggest we were ‘unlucky’ not to score really. You can try back it up with stats & how we were better team etc. But luck had fk all to do with our down fall. Inadequacy in both defence & clinical finishing up front were all that cost us. Try paint it in any positive back to deny it all you want. Our inadequacies have been apparent in both areas for whole season. We cannot use ‘unlucky’ as an excuse for ever. Let’s just admit we’re pretty much shite as a whole but it mostly stems from the back & what our manager has deemed good enough to build a team from 

So in a post without directly mentioning the centre halfs you still get a dig in there. Well done dear boy