Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

Enjoyed the first half, looked threatening from the start, could have scored 2 or 3, completely in control.

The second half, oh my heed.

Motherwell didn't actually play any football at all. Turns out they didn't have to.

All they needed was a throw in to start with and then lob the ball into the box a couple of times to win the game.

Excruciating.

Our defensive brain farts are way beyond a joke now.

I acknowledge we only had 1 actual defender* out of our 5 across the back, but FFS ye canna just leave opposition strikers to wander aboot in the box themselves.

*okay, okay. Bates being the 1, so possibly upon all evidence of him playing for us thus far, more like 0 out of 5.

Guest findlay_1903

You’d of thought big JET would of been worth a gamble in the closing stages, avert to route one with the looping ball towards the towering gentleman, with hedges/fergie/McGinn hunting for the seconds.

The fans in my section were getting on Campbell’s back in the 2nd period which didn’t help. Young loon needed encouraged, some misplaced passes but also some telling crosses from dean. 

First half we looked better than average, very frustrating for our team to fall to pieces so quickly in the second. We couldn’t recover in the slightest, quite worrying we didn’t have a plan b. I’m positioned quite close to the dug out, and noted Stephen glass is forever badgering the officials whilst Henry Apaloo is very vocal with instructions, also looks to be a bit of a character. 

40 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

You’d of thought big JET would of been worth a gamble in the closing stages, avert to route one with the looping ball towards the towering gentleman, with hedges/fergie/McGinn hunting for the seconds.

The fans in my section were getting on Campbell’s back in the 2nd period which didn’t help. Young loon needed encouraged, some misplaced passes but also some telling crosses from dean. 

First half we looked better than average, very frustrating for our team to fall to pieces so quickly in the second. We couldn’t recover in the slightest, quite worrying we didn’t have a plan b. I’m positioned quite close to the dug out, and noted Stephen glass is forever badgering the officials whilst Henry Apaloo is very vocal with instructions, also looks to be a bit of a character. 

We haven't had a plan B all season.

As for Campbell he should have been replaced by Jonny Hayes much earlier than he was. He had a shocker but he wasn't alone in being poor.

8 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

We haven't had a plan B all season.

As for Campbell he should have been replaced by Jonny Hayes much earlier than he was. He had a shocker but he wasn't alone in being poor.

Hayes should've been stripped the second the first goal hit the back of the net. Dean will have better games, but he's not going to provide that natural width required to get the breakthrough. 

I thought Glass was poor tactically yesterday, and the fact we're still bringing on stalwarts in McGinn and Hayes, just tells you everything you need to know about where we're at. 

2 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

I've just been studying the stats for yesterday's game. They look fantastic, a great achievement by Stephen and his team. Congratulations to him, and the boys. Well done to all concerned.

Only turn up when we get beat. Worst poster on here. 

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Where are the posters who said they would accept a season where we don’t do that well as long as the football improves? They seem to have disappeared?

I don't think anyone would've accepted 2 wins from 14 games going into December...

I think folk meant aye, top 6 and a semi final or something to cut the teeth, not what we're currently seeing. 

The three games previous to yesterday are the anomaly, this team will more often than not give us yesterday's performance. It's amateur level defending. Really, really basic stuff. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't think anyone would've accepted 2 wins from 14 games going into December...

I think folk meant aye, top 6 and a semi final or something to cut the teeth, not what we're currently seeing. 

The three games previous to yesterday are the anomaly, this team will more often than not give us yesterday's performance. It's amateur level defending. Really, really basic stuff. 

Thought the first half we were pretty good and should of scored a goal or two.

I said before the Hibs game it’s going to be easier to get points from the better teams in the league than the ones who just come and sit in and don’t try and play football. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Thought the first half we were pretty good and should of scored a goal or two.

I said before the Hibs game it’s going to be easier to get points from the better teams in the league than the ones who just come and sit in and don’t try and play football. 

Here's hoping we make the top 6 then, as we'll not take anything off the other bottom half teams...

4 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The defence has got worse and we have no cutting edge but the data aye it's better ya daft troll

It’s better to watch than the football under McInnes though. There’s absolutely no denying that. Almost this entire forum wanted more entertainment, that’s what we have.

3 hours ago, RUL said:

The football is miles better. Anyone disagreeing needs an eye test urgently.

Correct

43 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Only turn up when we get beat. Worst poster on here. 

Also correct. A spineless coward of a poster.

38 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It was never all going to happen at once. Plenty pretended they preferred good football to grinding out results but the pretence didn’t last long. Agree on the defending though, there has to be massive improvements on the absolute basics. If Considine wasn’t out then we would really benefit from that experience at the back, feels like there’s no proper organisation there at all.

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s better to watch than the football under McInnes though. There’s absolutely no denying that. Almost this entire forum wanted more entertainment, that’s what we have.

Correct

Also correct. A spineless coward of a poster.

It was never all going to happen at once. Plenty pretended they preferred good football to grinding out results but the pretence didn’t last long. Agree on the defending though, there has to be massive improvements on the absolute basics. If Considine wasn’t out then we would really benefit from that experience at the back, feels like there’s no proper organisation there at all.

A mate of mine, not a dons fan, made the point that Considine should surely be getting a head start with his coaching whilst he's currently injured? He's not going to play forever, and the defence is an abomination, he's a useful tool that I'm not sure we're using. 

Yesterday's goals though, you can't really teach. You pick up your men, you make sure everyone is marked, that's Sunday league stuff. I'm not sure how you coach that out of guys who are already professionals. 

Edit; 

He needs to try rebalance the squad in January if he can. 

3 hours ago, findlay_1903 said:

If we were going to persist with louping high balls into the box, JET might have been an idea, since Motherwell's back lot were mopping just about every high ball in no problem.

I'd just as much rather we had quit doing that, though, and tried to play through balls on the deck instead. 

JET's fallen out of favour, it seems, but fuck it... in that second half we were going backwards in terms of going forward until the latter stages. His presence might have made a difference. 

First half we looked very composed indeed, though... we just need that spark. 

7 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Mcginns a waste of an aberdeen Jersey imo, he's had maybe 1 good season, another big wage we could do with getting rid. 

Sadly have to agree with you there on the first part - he's a waste of a jersey now and isn't even worth bringing on when we're chasing a game anymore - I'd rather have seen JET (who is the slowest player in history) or Samuels (who's horrendous) coming on yesterday. Even bringing Hayes on at that point would have been better than McGinn.

However, to say he's only had 1 good season at the club is mental. Unless you're meaning since he came back from Korea. During his entire time at the club he's had several good / great seasons and overall is probably one of the best players we've had in the last 10 years.

• Upvote 2