Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

8 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Mcginns a waste of an aberdeen Jersey imo, he's had maybe 1 good season, another big wage we could do with getting rid. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sadly have to agree with you there on the first part - he's a waste of a jersey now and isn't even worth bringing on when we're chasing a game anymore - I'd rather have seen JET (who is the slowest player in history) or Samuels (who's horrendous) coming on yesterday. Even bringing Hayes on at that point would have been better than McGinn.

However, to say he's only had 1 good season at the club is mental. Unless you're meaning since he came back from Korea. During his entire time at the club he's had several good / great seasons and overall is probably one of the best players we've had in the last 10 years.

I’ve also been a McGinn critic and think he’s done in terms of injecting impetus and generally he slows the game down to our detriment.

It worked well last week against Hearts when we didn’t need to create a goal and just wanted to see out the game

Nae sure that’s worth his wage for though

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

I’ve also been a McGinn critic and think he’s done in terms of injecting impetus and generally he slows the game down to our detriment.

It worked well last week against Hearts when we didn’t need to create a goal and just wanted to see out the game

Nae sure that’s worth his wage for though

Quite why he got a new deal I'll never know. As you say only serves to slow the game down and also take pish corners.

Hopefully our new Head of Recruitment can identify some half decent players as we need a few quality players in the door 

22 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sadly have to agree with you there on the first part - he's a waste of a jersey now and isn't even worth bringing on when we're chasing a game anymore - I'd rather have seen JET (who is the slowest player in history) or Samuels (who's horrendous) coming on yesterday. Even bringing Hayes on at that point would have been better than McGinn.

However, to say he's only had 1 good season at the club is mental. Unless you're meaning since he came back from Korea. During his entire time at the club he's had several good / great seasons and overall is probably one of the best players we've had in the last 10 years.

He wouldn't be in my list for one of our best for the past 10 years anyways.

2 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

He wouldn't be in my list for one of our best for the past 10 years anyways.

In his first spell (over 5 years) he averaged a goal every 3 games - even including the second spell, overall he's averaged a goal every 4 games. Only 1 season of those 10 was spent playing up front, the rest of the time he's been played out wide. Not sure about his assists but they will be impressive too.

In the first spell he was an exciting player to have in the team, you expected him to do something every time he got on the ball. Even at the start of the second spell he showed it in flashes. Yes, he's done now, but I think you'll struggle to list many players who have made a bigger contribution than he has in the past decade - feel free to try though.

Ha, The Puddock by J.M Caie, a favourite of mine.  Got myself an award in primary 7 with that poem.

McGinn, dire for at least a year.  I can only presume they wanted to give him a send off in front of fans and have him here for the season with crowds back as he did next to nothing last season that would've convinced anyone he was worth a further year.  Maybe he's a good guy around the place, but he is a good guy on a tasty wage that should've went elsewhere.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:48 PM, Don_Corleone said:

I am nae sure about JET being the slowest player in history but he has the effort levels of a slug.

I thought Stephen Hughes and Ilian Kiriakov were horrendous in applying themselves during games for Aberdeen but JET is on an unenviable par with them. 

Austin Samuels is a complete waste of a wage, along with Gallagher, Bates, JET, Jenks, Longstaff, and Gurr, although to be fair to the lad Gurr he has been getting played in a position he is incapable of fulfilling.

It would definitely be worth a try giving him a chance playing as a winger. If that fails, then it is the last farewell (love Roger Whittaker) for him as well.

8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Gurr is a RB by trade I thought? He is just not good enough, there's no excuses for him.

Aye, but he is certainly is not a RB, hence my earlier view. Attacking-wise he is pretty good, so would deploy him as a winger to truly see if there is a footballer in there that can be an asset to our club.

Josh Magennis was a goalkeeper by trade until it was identified he was better elsewhere on the park as a winger or striker. It never did him any harm.

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, but he is certainly is not a RB, hence my earlier view. Attacking-wise he is pretty good, so would deploy him as a winger to truly see if there is a footballer in there that can be an asset to our club.

Josh Magennis was a goalkeeper by trade until it was identified he was better elsewhere on the park as a winger or striker. It never did him any harm.

Thank fuck you’re not manager 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I am nae sure about JET being the slowest player in history but he has the effort levels of a slug.

I thought Stephen Hughes and Ilian Kiriakov were horrendous in applying themselves during games for Aberdeen but JET is on an unenviable par with them. 

Austin Samuels is a complete waste of a wage, along with Gallagher, Bates, JET, Jenks, Longstaff, and Gurr, although to be fair to the lad Gurr he has been getting played in a position he is incapable of fulfilling.

It would definitely be worth a try giving him a chance playing as a winger. If that fails, then it is the last farewell (love Roger Whittaker) for him as well.

I think saying Samuel is a waste of a wage is a bit much, the way I see it is he’s a young lad who is basically on a years trial and we won’t be paying that much of his wages 

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye Gurr looked decent going forward but hopeless at defending.  Might be worth a run out in front of Ojo who we already know is useless

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true. It's a no-lose situation as Ojo is never a winger and Gurr may well be worth persevering with in that position. 

Gurr is frightened of playing in front of the fans…struggling to adapt to the pressure. Glass has not played him because of this. Punted in January would be my guess.