Football and silences

22 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Was there a silence before this game? Why is our manager the only person in the stadium wearing a poppy? 

Because the narrative has changed. No denying 

21 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Was there a silence before this game? Why is our manager the only person in the stadium wearing a poppy? 

In 25 years the huns have gone from basically ignoring Armistice Day to almost renaming themselves Poppy FC for the first two weeks of November. 

7 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Holy fuck, here's another one.

:hysterical:

These cunts are mentally ill.

spacer.png

Funny as fuck, though. 

Most the folk who actually fought the wars are dead, it's the ones who never had anything to do with it that are obsessed. 

My Great Grandfather was a POW in WWII and we were instructed to never ask about it. The same went for a lot of folk. 

True war heroes are quiet about it. The little jumped up GB news maggots that bang on about it are total weapons.

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

TT and cruicky are middle aged men who just will not accept that Blighty has ever done wrong. Probs hate the Irish aswell. 

our armed forces have behaved just as despicably as every other nations. Dresden

Many nations would argue worse than other nations. 

29 minutes ago, Poodler said:

TT and cruicky are middle aged men who just will not accept that Blighty has ever done wrong. Probs hate the Irish aswell. 

our armed forces have behaved just as despicably as every other nations. Dresden

Agree.

The British Army have raped, pillaged & invaded more countries than any other. 

And the poppy police can fuck off too. 

• Upvote 2

It now seems acceptable to the majority of our weak, meek, and subservient society to all of a sudden pass righteous opinions on philanthropists who were engaged in the slave trade, along with the gentry of the continent of Africa, but be critical of those who rightfully observe a minute's silence (and wear a poppy) to commemorate the bravery and sacrifice of those involved in the war efforts of WW1 and WW2.

Deary fucking me. 

If you cannot put your prejudices to one side for one minute each year to honour those brave bastards who fought for our nation in order for it to remain a democracy and maintain our liberty then we truly are fucked. It's about two world wars after all, nothing else. 

The paedophilic mob's "protest" at Dens Park yesterday, just one of all too many Remembrance Day demos over the years (singing through the minute's silence at Falkirk in 2007 (?), a mass walk-out of fans at celtic Park in 2009, followed by the green brigade's political protest at the 9-0 game in 2010) was abhorrent and hypocritical. 

What was the tennis ball protest about? Commemorating the life of Frederick O'Perry killed during the Easter Rising of 1916??

24 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It now seems acceptable to the majority of our weak, meek, and subservient society to all of a sudden pass righteous opinions on philanthropists who were engaged in the slave trade, along with the gentry of the continent of Africa, but be critical of those who rightfully observe a minute's silence (and wear a poppy) to commemorate the bravery and sacrifice of those involved in the war efforts of WW1 and WW2.

Deary fucking me. 

If you cannot put your prejudices to one side for one minute each year to honour those brave bastards who fought for our nation in order for it to remain a democracy and maintain our liberty then we truly are fucked. It's about two world wars after all, nothing else. 

The paedophilic mob's "protest" at Dens Park yesterday, just one of all too many Remembrance Day demos over the years (singing through the minute's silence at Falkirk in 2007 (?), a mass walk-out of fans at celtic Park in 2009, followed by the green brigade's political protest at the 9-0 game in 2010) was abhorrent and hypocritical. 

What was the tennis ball protest about? Commemorating the life of Frederick O'Perry killed during the Easter Rising of 1916??

Do you acknowledge the murders of innocent people the British army perpetrated in Ireland? 

26 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Deary fucking me. 

I'd say the opinions being said on here are in the minority. Most people wear poppies. Also, nobody is saying they don't observe the silence, I was quiet for a minute at the football on Saturday, my only point is that it's not a catastrophe when people sing through it, so fuck? It's a token gesture. Also, nobody is telling anyone else what to do, simply giving their reasons for finding it ridiculous. 

Why would Celtic, a club with Irish roots etc, want to commemorate British soldiers? Think critically for a second. 

You're calling our society 'subservient' but you're the one toeing the line of subservience. I have no prejudice against British soldiers etc, I feel bad for the fuckers, mostly. Led to nonsense wars (bar WWII) where they were killed for reasons they didn't really know. Coming away with that 'democracy' rubbish is a howl. You've had your mind warped by years of British conditioning. 

Not sure what the slave trade has to do with it. 

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Do you acknowledge the murders of innocent people the British army perpetrated in Ireland? 

And Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq...so on and so forth. 

There’s definitely a generational aspect to the respect of the armed forces and yet current society is more tolerant and respectful of others than it’s ever been so it’s hard to believe us young uns are just feral and disrespectful 

I’d argue you older ones had the wool pulled over your eyes for too long 

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Strawman #1

Not one person on here has been critical of people doing those things. 

Deary fucking me. 

Strawman #2 

No one has said they don't or won't observe a minutes silence. 

Their protest at the 9-0 game was pretty good (typo apart) imo. 

A protest against the proposed appointment of someone as Celtics head of security. 

9 minutes ago, Poodler said:

There’s definitely a generational aspect to the respect of the armed forces and yet current society is more tolerant and respectful of others than it’s ever been so it’s hard to believe us young uns are just feral and disrespectful 

I’d argue you older ones had the wool pulled over your eyes for too long 

Good post 

3 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

These post are a fucking embarrassment to this forum.

I thought there were a few idiots on here and now you have just confirmed it.

I have no issues with clapping at games for fans etc that have passed away, it’s called showing respect, obviously a concept alien to you.

When it comes to the meaning of the Poppy and the reason for Remembrance you really do have no fucking idea, the initial reason for it and why it continues.

You should just stop now before you embarrass yourselves even further.

I've no issue with clapping for fans that have passed away.

No issue with wearing a poppy and sombre remembrance either tbh. It's just been turned into a festival that starts before Halloween, ends after bonfire night and has cheerleaders who wouldn't get into the Salvation Army let alone fight in a war.

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Strawman #1

Not one person on here has been critical of people doing those things. 

Strawman #2 

No one has said they don't or won't observe a minutes silence. 

Their protest at the 9-0 game was pretty good (typo apart) imo. 

A protest against the proposed appointment of someone as Celtics head of security. 

I never referred to any person on here refuting the main purpose of observing the November minute's silence, so using that to get your points across is pitiful and you're only doing it for argument's sake.

My point being that some folk are more absorbed in issues outwith WW1 and WW2 and using these issues to righteously deflect away from observing the minute's silence. This never used to be the case (Enniskillen in 1987 apart).

It seems that you are the new self-appointed spokesperson on here, speaking on behalf of everyone. 

Enjoy your Colcannon on your lunch break.

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

I do acknowledge that fact and that the British Army should never have been deployed to Northern Ireland, and Ireland before the breakaway of the six counties of Ulster in 1921. 

However, the murders of innocent people on the island of Ireland are still taking place today, well after the Good Friday Agreement was signed and a host of "political" prisoners were released on the back of this, so it's an issue that will never go away regardless of the British Army's intervention. 

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I never referred to any person on here refuting the main purpose of observing the November minute's silence, so using that to get your points across is pitiful and you're only doing it for argument's sake.

You made a long post accusing people of things. You're right, you never directly referred to people on here, it was how your post read though. 

My point being that some folk are more absorbed in issues outwith WW1 and WW2 and using these issues to righteously deflect away from observing the minute's silence. This never used to be the case (Enniskillen in 1987 apart)

People can be "absorbed" in whatever issues they want to be. The British legion say the minutes silence is to commemorate all service persons who've died in conflict. So you best tell them it's about WW1 & WW2 only.  

It seems that you are the new self-appointed spokesperson on here, speaking on behalf of everyone. 

Nah. I speak for myself only. I've never implied otherwise. 

Yet another strawman from you. 

Enjoy your Colcannon on your lunch break.

Usual nonsense from you there. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'd say the opinions being said on here are in the minority. Most people wear poppies. Also, nobody is saying they don't observe the silence, I was quiet for a minute at the football on Saturday, my only point is that it's not a catastrophe when people sing through it, so fuck? It's a token gesture. Also, nobody is telling anyone else what to do, simply giving their reasons for finding it ridiculous. 

Why would Celtic, a club with Irish roots etc, want to commemorate British soldiers? Think critically for a second. 

You're calling our society 'subservient' but you're the one toeing the line of subservience. I have no prejudice against British soldiers etc, I feel bad for the fuckers, mostly. Led to nonsense wars (bar WWII) where they were killed for reasons they didn't really know. Coming away with that 'democracy' rubbish is a howl. You've had your mind warped by years of British conditioning. 

Not sure what the slave trade has to do with it. 

I am nonconformist who can think for himself so definitely haven't had my mind warped with British conditioning, as you put it.

It's not a "token gesture" to observe a minute's silence for those who represented our nation in the world wars, we'll just have to agree to differ on this. It's rightly commemorating those who selflessly fought for our liberty. 

In relation to the slave trade and why I brought it up in my earlier post, it seems to be far more acceptable nowadays to protest, loot, and riot in support of those who suffered at the hands of slave traders, combining it pitifully with feeble support of career felons who just so happen to be black, rather than be allowed to pay our respects to our ancestors who fought in war for all of us. 

It really is a sad reflection of our society today.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

In relation to the slave trade and why I brought it up in my earlier post, it seems to be far more acceptable nowadays to protest, loot, and riot in support of those who suffered at the hands of slave traders, combining it pitifully with feeble support of career felons who just so happen to be black, rather than be allowed to pay our respects to our ancestors who fought in war for all of us. 

That is just mental. 

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

it seems to be far more acceptable nowadays to protest, loot, and riot .....

rather than be allowed to pay our respects to our ancestors who fought in war for all of us. 

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA 

Yeah. Okay mate. Cunts getting lifted everywhere for a minutes silence, while everyone running about rioting and looting (almost nobody is actually doing this) are suffering no consequences. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

That's not really true though, is it? 

Depends on your take on it and how you wish to interpret what remembrance is primarily about.

Some folk say it's about all the wars the UK/Britain have been involved in (including the two Gulf Wars against Iraq) but if that was the case a separate date would be allocated to commemorate lives lost in these wars.

The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month has always been the proper time to reminisce and honour those who sacrificed so much for us all in the two world wars, as it reflects Armistice Day on 11/11/1918. 

19 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I am nonconformist who can think for himself so definitely haven't had my mind warped with British conditioning, as you put it.

It's not a "token gesture" to observe a minute's silence for those who represented our nation in the world wars, we'll just have to agree to differ on this. It's rightly commemorating those who selflessly fought for our liberty. 

It really is a sad reflection of our society today.

MAD, so much, in fact no, all of what you've said there is a load of fucking crap that can be disproved quite easily. 

Sometimes I forget, but we know what you are 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

MAD, so much, in fact no, all of what you've said there is a load of fucking crap that can be disproved quite easily. 

Sometimes I forget, but we know what you are 

Missing my point entirely. That's your choice. You are inadvertently emphasising my thoughts though. 

What I have said is empirical fact.

"We know who you are"? Who are "we"?